Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the same "Contract on America", they put out before. That one nearly succeeded in putting us under. Actually, it did shut down Govt for a while. The people didn't like that very much. Obviously, the Repubs are all for unrestrained Corporations and taxing only those people buying the products. Oh, jobs, who needs jobs? Certainly nobody that would vote Republican.

Republicans map out their agenda of less
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,304,733 times
What amazes me most is that it didn't take any time after the election for the TP/R people to resort to telling people that they were reverting to philosophies that didn't work before, that is, the contract against America and the same expensive witch-hunting attacks they used against Clinton.

Personally, I feel that politics has to change, but this has been bait & switch occurred even faster than I could have imagined in my most cynical view.

People voted for change, and they're getting worse than the same-same.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Sounds like the same "Contract on America", they put out before. That one nearly succeeded in putting us under. Actually, it did shut down Govt for a while. The people didn't like that very much. Obviously, the Repubs are all for unrestrained Corporations and taxing only those people buying the products. Oh, jobs, who needs jobs? Certainly nobody that would vote Republican.

What part of "that one" nearly put us under? I remember that period of time rather different, which included an economic boom, record employment levels, smaller government, almost balanced budgets...

Dont care that it shut down government for awhile.. the end result was fantastic..

Care to fill me in on what part you remember differently?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:30 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,844,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What part of "that one" nearly put us under? I remember that period of time rather different, which included an economic boom, record employment levels, smaller government, almost balanced budgets...

Dont care that it shut down government for awhile.. the end result was fantastic..

I guess you're talking about how it made Gingrich look so much like a douche? I was in the military at the time. Was wondering why this jerk couldm't work with people so that my paycheck status wouldn't be in Twilight Zone land. His end result cost the USA 800 million dollars in 1996 dollars. That would be furloughed worker salaries. Here's a list of the awesomeness.

Right-wing "cannot wait" for gov't shutdown, "just like in '95 and '96" | Media Matters for America

Now, he's got people deployed all over the world and he could give a damn about whether a soldier in Afghanistan gets supplies. WTG douche. He treats women like crap, too. That says a lot about a man's character. He cheated on his wife during Clinton's impeachment.
SO WHOLESOME AND EXEMPLARY.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258001,00.html

Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 AM

7,188 posts, read 4,774,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

You mean when Clinton was in charge, in control, when he was the one responsible for whatever? Just like Obama is responsible for everything now?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,723,832 times
Typical Liberal/Progressive/Democrat mantra from FLORIDABOB! Geeze bob you still got the most Liberal president in the history of this nation, and you still control the senate! I would think you love this situation.. at least now you have someone to blame.. the republican controled house!

What I find really interesting is how you live in prety much a conservative state.. If you love Liberalism soooo much why are living in Florida? Move to California Bob!!

Hey... Here in Maine after 40 years of democratic control Maine found itself consistantly raked number 1and 2 for most taxed state, Ranked #1 for the highest rate of welfare in the country, ranked last (50th..I know how some libs dont know how many states we have) for owning and operating a business.. And was one of ony a few states to decline in population...

Yup... liberal progressive policies did wonders here...

Well for the first time in 40 years we have a republican (tea party backed) governer and republican control of both houses in the state house!!

Old 11-06-2010, 10:58 AM

8,428 posts, read 7,434,346 times
So, flycessna, did I read this right?

You dinged Florida.Bob for being a liberal who lives in the supposedly conservative state of Florida and urged him to move to the liberal state of California?

Then you complain about 40 years of liberal policies in the state of Maine, wherein you reside?

I imagine that the Republican sweep in Maine will postpone flycessna's impending move to Florida!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,723,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So, flycessna, did I read this right?

You dinged Florida.Bob for being a liberal who lives in the supposedly conservative state of Florida and urged him to move to the liberal state of California?

Then you complain about 40 years of liberal policies in the state of Maine, wherein you reside?

I imagine that the Republican sweep in Maine will postpone flycessna's impending move to Florida!
Hey dont think I didnt think of that while I was typing...

But MY excuse is the low pressure zone created by 40 years of liberals..

If your not poor yet...move to Maine!

PS. I can only hope our elected officals remeber the platform they were elected on

Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Might want to wait a bit until they actually take the reins, don't you think?

Boy, last Tuesday sure created absolute panic and hysteria in the Left-wing ranks.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,127,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Yeah the economy under Republican control from 1995 to 2006 sure did suck!! You tell em!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies