Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,543,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
What about all the highways that are taking land or road expansions that have taken close to 50,000 homes in the past 10 years....you have no issues with that but you have with Rail or bikeways which take no land its hypocritical...
I would have issues with it if the highway wasn't necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM

13,874 posts, read 9,833,264 times
I know that loony right-wingers are the ones obsessing about it, so I don't pay attention.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:17 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,261,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Actually the traffic "laws" are merely statutes meant to be adhered to by government employees or those carrying out duties for the government. If you are merely traveling and work in the private sector they aren't supposed to apply to you ...if the truth be told.
Really? Can you point out where in a state's laws it specifies that traffic regulations apply only to government workers?

Quote:
If you've ever been to Europe you can't be fined for speeding. The signage posting speeds are just a suggestion.
Wow you really do just make things up as go along don't you?

Here are the fines for speeding inn Germany: How To Germany - German Traffic Violations and Fines

Here is someone who got nabbed in Germany: GERMAN SPEEDING TICKET HORROR - Lonely Planet travel forum

Here are the fines for speeding in France: Speeding fines in France | Speed cameras in France

Here is someone who got nabbed in France: Speeding fine - points on licence - SURVIVE FRANCE NETWORK

Quote:
Think about it. When you are speeding, you are not harming anyone. Why should you be punished for that?
And if I fire my gun into the air downtown 10 times and the bullets don't land on anyone, I'm not harming anyone. Why should I be punished for that?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,318,882 times
Quote:
Actually the traffic "laws" are merely statutes meant to be adhered to by government employees or those carrying out duties for the government. If you are merely traveling and work in the private sector they aren't supposed to apply to you ...if the truth be told. If you've ever been to Europe you can't be fined for speeding. The signage posting speeds are just a suggestion.

Think about it. When you are speeding, you are not harming anyone. Why should you be punished for that?

The same is true of drivers' licenses. But we dumb Americans have just assumed they apply to us. All the laws in this country are based on contract law. In the case of a speeding ticket if you don't contest it and pay the fine you've accepted the contract on their terms. If you contest it there are numerous legal ways, those that know how the system works, have used to get out of paying tickets.
Can't be fined for speeding in Europe?!!!!!!!

You have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,652,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Some reading for those worried about Agenda 21: http://planning.utah.gov/super/SUPER...0Ordinance.pdf

It's a document about zoning in the US.

Zoning is poor-people control.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
The government has been shaping the way we live by encouraging the decentralization of our cities through regulation/zoning and subsidizing the automobile for well over a half century, and people called that "the free market at work." But now that people are increasingly wanting to move back to urban environments and drive less, and governments are updating their zoning codes and infrastructure to allow this, it's suddenly an evil plot by the UN to take away our freedom and property rights.

How do you do this without displacing and generally screwing the poor?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
How should I possibly know with certainty if poor people will be able to afford to rent residences in this yet to be determined future date?

You are more than welcome to continue your speculation and we can share some future photos, some future budget charts and share some laughs. However, case-in-point, that's all this topic is, speculation. You have to speculate and use hyperbole to get your point across instead of actual facts.

Poverty in Portland is moving wholesale to the fringes, especially east of 82nd. It's not sustainable and you seem to entertain the notion that we can't possibly know that and we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,185,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You see they are educational guidelines that comes from foreigners.... And you know how the far right get when they think some foreigners influencing their kids.....
Please spare me your mindless charges of xenophobia. This thread is about Agenda 21, I have shared with you legitimate links to the IB website which sells this junk education as "challenging" and "critical thinking", as if the UN holds a patent on what constitutes "critical thinking". This is elitist, NWO, junk science, secular humanism, social justice on steroids which is being shoved into our public schools over parental objections because it looks good on an Administrator's resume' among the Progressive, globalist snobs in academia.

You want to know who two of the most famous IB alumni are? The Christmas Day Underwear Bomber and Kim Jong Un. Isn't that special? List of International Baccalaureate people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,991,522 times
Quote:
I would have issues with it if the highway wasn't necessary.
So all Railway Projects that don't take land are un-necessary....? What a Hypocrite you are....

Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,436,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
So all Railway Projects that don't take land are un-necessary....? What a Hypocrite you are....
I may be straying from the real topic of the direction of the thread now but I wonder if you can tell me why New Hampshire, being as left leaning as you tell me it is, elects anyone like Kelly Ayotte who is trying so hard to get at what happened at Benghazi.

Ok, now we can get back to Agenda 21. Whoops this doesn't seem to be the topic of this thread any longer. I do wonder how many people here have managed to go to the Agenda 21 website and do any reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies