Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,483,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Who is covering for criminals? Of course he knew there were teenagers in the car.

Anyway, this subject should have its own thread.

Regarding Zimmerman, the only reason it became headline news is because he was not arrested. In this case, the man was immediately arrested. I just hope he doesn't somehow get leniency. He's a murderer. Period. As I said earlier, it's a very different case. Zimmerman was wrong and probably should be convicted on manslaughter charges, but I'm not so sure he's a cold-blooded murderer.
Zimm's got a trial date.

Time will tell.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,187,843 times
Any man who decides to smash the face of a security guard just doing his job face into the concrete deserves to be shot. The only mistake he made is using a POS Kel-Tec and taking so long to do it.

Should have shot him dead before he got beat up so bad.

Just another case of "poor little hood"...yo mama wasn't so good about not raising a gangbanger hood.

Now you are dead...... One less thug out on the street.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,685,004 times
I would gladly welcome an innocent man like Zimmerman into my home anyday....bless him. As for the Skittlesbandit.......um, not so much.

The pics of that severely broken nose on Zimmerman are going to be very hard for the jury to ignore. Unless they pack the jury with unfair-minded people with an agenda.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Leave it to the posters of CD to convict the accused without having heard any evidence being presented by the prosecution or the defense.. I don't know if he is innocent or guilty. Glad we have legal scholars such as yourselves to decide it for us all..
He had no right to smash the face of a "security guard" just doing his job into concrete.

I'd have shot the little him too!

Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,975,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Zimm's got a trial date.

Time will tell.
I'm not so sure Zimmerman can get a fair trial with such a high profile case. If you read my more than 500 (maybe even 1,000) posts about this on the many Zimmerman threads, you know I was upset when Trayvon Martin was shot, especially when the media began attacking the victim, portraying him as a thug who was suspended from school. None of that matters. Still, I don't think George Zimmerman planned to kill him. He was very stupid and went after a young man in the dark, there was a fight, and someone died. It's a very tragic story. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop who was running around town chasing bad guys. In the case of Jordan Davis, the 17 year old who was recently shot to death, there was never a physical confrontation. I just don't see how Dunn can have a self defense case unless listening to music while Black is against the law in Florida.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I would gladly welcome an innocent man like Zimmerman into my home anyday....bless him. As for the Skittlesbandit.......um, not so much.

The pics of that severely broken nose on Zimmerman are going to be very hard for the jury to ignore. Unless they pack the jury with unfair-minded people with an agenda.
Sign them up from CD! They won't mind losing a days pay for $20 bucks jury pay.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,521,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know what happened? Is the kid allowed to walk through a gated community without being monitored by a neighborhood watch?
In a free country he is.

Unless he's black.

If Zimmerman had done what the police told him to do and stayed in his damn house none of this would have happened. Instead, he felt he was going to be Billy Badass and go Dirty Harry on the kid and confronted him. Zimmerman was the architect of this whole thing.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 AM

137 posts, read 151,678 times
Post Defense

Judge for yourself.

George Zimmerman Bloody Face: Defense Team Releases Image From Night Of Shooting (PHOTO)

Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 AM

24,455 posts, read 23,143,190 times
I wonder how much he'll get from the local prosecutors. Not jail time, I mean in monetary damages. Probably no where near as much as he'll get from NBC from his civil lawsuit.
I agree that he could have prevented the altercation by not following. But Martin could have too by not assaulting him.
We all do stupid things and get reckless and sometimes two people neither too swift go on a collision course.
Let's actually follow Obama's lead on this and just forget about it, the shows over and theres nothing to be gained by talking about it.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,701,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know what happened? Is the kid allowed to walk through a gated community without being monitored by a neighborhood watch?
lolol. How dense does someone have to be to not know the purpose behind 'neighborhood watch'?

The Zimm threads always bring out the dregs. God love 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies