Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,661,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
No, it sounds like ur saying we aren't allowed to defend ourselves from thug teenagers.
Yes we are. But in this case Zimmerman wasn't. He was stalking an unarmed teen who was walking back to his Dad's girlfriend's place after a trip to the convenience store.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,661,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know what happened? Is the kid allowed to walk through a gated community without being monitored by a neighborhood watch?
Watched. But not stalked and killed.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So Zimmerman attacks the kid, the kid defends himself and fights off Zimmerman, and then Zimmerman decided to shoot him because he lost the fight against the kid he attacked, gotcha.
Got proof that's what happened?? I wanna see it.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,883,287 times
Quote:
Oh yea, I'd a shot the punk way before I got busted up.
And if some random guy tried to accost me when I was walking home from 7-11, I'd have busted him up, too...

Now, you say, "I'd a shot the punk way before I got busted up..." so does that mean you're okay with just plugging someone because you feel freaked out by them?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
Leave it to the posters of CD to convict the accused without having heard any evidence being presented by the prosecution or the defense.. I don't know if he is innocent or guilty. Glad we have legal scholars such as yourselves to decide it for us all..

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,308,719 times
Quote:
George Zimmerman Bloody Face: Defense Team Releases Image From Night Of Shooting (PHOTO)

Had a feelin somethan like this was gona come to lite, guess they got the news then they got the truth.

Oh yea, I'd a shot the punk way before I got busted up.
And you have no idea if he did it to himself since, IIRC, he didn't look like that at the beginning of the evening.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:44 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,246,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The pictures of Zimmerman show that the media has lied from day one, but we already knew this. The media is still lying and saying Zimmerman was never arrested after the shooting. He will never have a fair trial.
He was detained, questioned, and released right after the shooting. He was not arrested until April.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,007,770 times
Gosh, this is real easy:

Black kid walks through neighborhood.

There are two possibly outcomes:
1.) Zimmerman spots him and keeps on driving.
2.) Zimmerman spots him and confronts him.

In scenario 1.), Zimmerman goes home, Martin goes home.
In scenario 2.) one possible outcome is exactly what we got here.

What, you may ask, caused scenario 2.)? Easy: Zimmerman did. Had he never stalked Martin, we would have never read about this event nor would we be writing threads about it. Zimmerman, however, initiated actions and thus, he is ultimately to blame for the escalation of events.

His actions led to an exchange and, eventually, to an escalation. Stalking somebody who "looks suspicious" is certainly no reason to aggressively confront them to the point where there is a physical altercation. Call the cops, stand back. The End.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,642,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why do you think he will go free? Is there any specific evidence which you believe goes to his lack of guilt?

And, of course, he will be charged with perjury when the time is right. He doesn't have to be charged immediately. It's up to the State Attorney to decide when to file charges. If he's convicted of the murder charges, two things. He could be charged with perjury, plead guilty, and get a concurrent sentence; saves money on going through a trial. If he's found not guilty, he could be charged with perjury at that point, and either take a plea or go to trial; it would be beyond shocking if he were found not guilty of perjury, but I guess it could happen.

This guy has done so much talking, publicly, online, on TV, in video taped by police, I cannot imagine how he would be acquitted. He has made far too many conflicting/contradictory statements to ever be considered credible by a jury. His entire defense rests on "his credibility." Period. He has filed an affirmative defense of self defense, which means that he is required to put on a defense in this trial (which is different than a normal trial where the defendant is presumed innocent and NOT REQUIRED to put on any defense, and may remain silent). The jury would have to find this man totally credible to find him not guilty.

Also, he's living like a hermit right now because of the restrictions imposed by the conditions of his bail. He is ALLOWED to go very few places, wears an ankle monitor, and must have prior permission to leave home.

The high resolution pics of Zimmerman with a severely broken nose....that is going to go a long way in making a 2nd degree murder conviction VERY TOUGH.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 PM

79 posts, read 80,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Got proof that's what happened?? I wanna see it.
The proof has been given. Martin was on his cellphone talking to his girlfriend when he was attacked. that has been verified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies