Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,966,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh now Zimmerman tried to detain him? And you have the nerve to ask if I was there?

According to the person he was on the phone with, he told Zimmerman to get off. I asked becuase you are defending Zimmerman as if you were there and obviously want him to get away with it no matter what the circumstances, so please don't pretend that you're objective. An objective person says, "I don't have all the facts, we'll see what happens" and leaves it at that. I don't claim to be objective. It is just funny to me that Zimmerman supporters think they are when they really don't care what he did or about the fact that he killed someone when he didn't have to, they just want him to walk.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,166,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm personally always happy to hear about someone defending themselves against an attacker and recovering from their injuries. Not only does it take an attacker off the street but it creates an example for others who feel they can prey on others for whatever reason they choose. It also causes people to be more aware of their environment when potential attackers are present. Zimmerman was well aware of his surroundings, many people aren't.

If just one attack is prevented or one person is saved because of Zimmerman's actions it was all worth it.
Yeah, Trayvon Martin obviously provoked the whole incident.

He knew if he just walked to the store and back, he could provoke an attack.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,296,384 times
Quote:
Smoking weed doesn't make you a target but climbing on top of someone, beating them and breaking their nose sure does. If you did that to someone like me you'd end up just like Trayvon, smoking weed or not.
Zim shouldn't have been there in the first place, cops on the phone told him to wait for police, how difficult is that to understand?

Quote:
If Trayvon wanted to stay alive he shouldn't have started to beat someone who was legally carrying a gun. No matter how you look at it Zimmerman is still alive and Trayvon is dead, in the world of self preservation we're Zimmerman 1, Trayvon 0.
Yeah, Martin should have just stood there and allow the cop wanna be shoot him.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,133,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Zim shouldn't have been there in the first place, cops on the phone told him to wait for police, how difficult is that to understand?
Zimmerman never spoke to a cop on the phone, how hard are facts to understand?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,166,683 times
Quote:
Zimmerman never spoke to a cop on the phone, how hard are facts to understand?
You don't know much, do you?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Smoking weed doesn't make you a target but climbing on top of someone, beating them and breaking their nose sure does. If you did that to someone like me you'd end up just like Trayvon, smoking weed or not.

And if you followed and chased me on a dark rainy night, you wouldn't be so lucky. I'd be the one on trial.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,278,325 times
Honestly, Zimmerman is a hoodlum. Unfortunately, there are low-life individuals who move into decent communities and harass people like the young boy Trayvon. It's a crying shame. You really don't know who is living close to you. Whether or not he's convicted, good old karma will take care of him.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
That's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm personally always happy to hear about someone defending themselves against an attacker and recovering from their injuries. Not only does it take an attacker off the street but it creates an example for others who feel they can prey on others for whatever reason they choose. It also causes people to be more aware of their environment when potential attackers are present. Zimmerman was well aware of his surroundings, many people aren't.

If just one attack is prevented or one person is saved because of Zimmerman's actions it was all worth it.

An attacker off the street? All I can do is SMH at this foolishness. So we let Zimmerman off and open the door for more idiots like him to take the law into thier own ends and end up killing teenagers who were doing nothing more than walking back from a convenience store to begin with. How about preventing a murder by staying your ass in the car and allowing the police to do their jobs?

Old 01-31-2013, 02:23 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,909,199 times
Quote:
It's somewhat hard to claim self defense when you're on top of someone beating them, you have scraped up knuckles from beating that person you're on top of and the person you beat has a broken nose and multiple head lacerations but not single mark on their hands.

So if you attack me and I get the upper hand, I can no longer claim self-defense?

By this logic Zimmerman is done because he had the final upper hand.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,133,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
And if you followed and chased me on a dark rainy night, you wouldn't be so lucky. I'd be the one on trial.
Just like Zimmerman didn't, I would also never chase someone on a dark rainy night so that's not even something anyone needs to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies