Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,529,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's a shame that this has become a trial about more than just some guy acting in self defense. It's become some huge hyped situation about fake racial claims and the media has done nothing but push that along.
Absolutely and it's sickening. I just really hope he gets a fair shake in the courts no matter what happens.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,122,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Walking to 7-11? I have smoked weed before I guess that makes it okay for someone to kill me? He wasn't high when Zimmerman killed him and was not at home smoking weed. Zimmerman made a choice that changed his life for the worse. It all could have been avoided if he stayed in the car. Whether he is convicted or not, his life has changed. He will aways be the man that killed a teenage boy because he thought he was up to no good.
Smoking weed doesn't make you a target but climbing on top of someone, beating them and breaking their nose sure does. If you did that to someone like me you'd end up just like Trayvon, smoking weed or not.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,843,028 times
Quote:
Forcing yourself on top of someone and bashing their head into the ground is a crime and Trayvon was sentenced for his crime.
Actually, shooting someone to death is a crime. Or didn't you think of that?

Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Because you feel that it's okay for a civilian under the assumption that someone is going to commit a crime can confront that person, instigate an altercation, take their life then claim self-defense. By that logic it is okay for us to harrass people that we believe are guilty of something (simply because we don't like they way they move and look) until they get scared or angry and fight back, then murder them and claim self defense. You said Travyon comitted a crime as if it was a matter of fact...with that said you must think you know more than the rest of us.
By your logic if you're walking behind me and make me nervous I have a right to turn around and pound you silly.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The Martin family filed a lawsuit against the homeowner's association, so all the condo owners are now part of a lawsuit.
Anything to turn the death of their baby into some more mailbox money. How pathetic.

24,644 posts, read 38,843,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He didn't ask for this, he just wanted to stay alive.
I can't belive this thread is still rolling, who cares about this one case when there are 40 killings in Chicago just in January alone. The only reason is racism. You know who you are.
I only hope the poor guy can get a fair trial, resume his life and repair his family.
If he wanted to stay alive, maybe he shouldn't have gotten out of his car.

17,815 posts, read 25,823,018 times
Quote:
And if he had stayed in the car, he would have been better off. He should have thought about his family before he made himself the judge, jury and executioner, but at least he still has his life which is more than we can say for the teenage boy that he killed that night.
You mean like stay in his car as he was advised to do and AGREED to do, and then did the exact opposite?

It is very clear on the tapes he says "OK" when he is told to wait for the police, and then he does what he wants anway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Not when defending yourself.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Shooting someone in self defense is not a crime, especially in a state like FL that protects people who are forced to defend themselves against a violent attacker like Zimmerman did.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,964,234 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with feelings, there's no proof that Zimmerman confronted anyone or started an altercation. I'm sure we'll find out all sorts of great info when the trial begins but based on what we do know now IMO this is a clear case of self defense.
There is not proof of much of anything other than Zimmerman exiting his vehicle and getting his ass whooped. Self-defense or not, had he waited for the police to arrive he wouldn't have murdered someone. Whatever the jury says, he has received a sentence as well. He may have his supporters but he will still be hecked in public (if he is not convicted) and have his life threatened on a regular basis. Kind of like OJ. He probably has no remorse, but I am sure there is some regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies