Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,286,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
we're talking about the zimmerman self-defense case, please stay on topic.

Yeah right.
Quote:
and poor barak Jr will still be a dead thug.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM

79,476 posts, read 61,642,775 times
1) I thought murder 2 was a stretch but manslaughter the more likely situation. Is it possible for the jury if hung up on murder 2 to downgrade to manslaughter or is it all or nothing with murder 2?

2) Anybody that has read anything about the poorly written SYG laws should realize that Zimmerman may very well be found not guilty. Don't respond to me if you haven't heard of Daniel Adkins.

3) Zimmerman if found not guilty will get a number of cash settlements from news outlets like the one that chopped up his audio clip to try to make it sound like he said the n-word. Unfortunately, SYG laws will bar Trayvons family from filing a civil suit if zimmerman wins otherwise I feel they'd 100% win that one....ala the OJ civil suit where they took all his stuff.

4) If zimmerman is found innocent I believe there will be some level of riots. Just my prediction based upon what I saw first hand after Rodney King....a few thousand miles from LA while in college.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,164,960 times
Zimmerman never asked his victim, "Can I help you with anything?"

He approached his victim with conclusory conviction.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,539,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Shouldn't even be a trial. Man defended himself and the defense will show that.
From what we know, I would have to agree with you, but I also think there has to be a trial. We certainly don't have all the facts. At worst he should have be on trial for manslaughter, not murder 2. I can't believe he will be convicted. Of course I couldn't believe OJ got off or the outcome of the Casey Anthony trial either.

Lucario, were you a witness to the incident? You seem so sure what happened? We do not know who started the fight, we don't know what all happened and we certainly are not niave enough to think, this young teen ager was just minding his own business and as sweet as a kid could be:

Last edited by nmnita; 01-31-2013 at 12:13 PM..

Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Pathetic.

George Zimmerman out of money, needs donations, attorneys say - U.S. News

So, in the ten months or so since this defense fund was started, Zimmerman's household and living expenses has exceeded $61,000. That would be over $6,000.00 a month! And that's not counting the over $50,000.00 spent on security to protect his sorry ass!

I'd say it's been a pretty financially profitable year for old George.

I wonder how many idiots will donate? Or maybe the same people who donated to him before are too busy sending their hard earned cash to the NRA or are out spending their last dollars on guns and ammo before Obama has a chance to come knocking at their doors.

Most defendants get the defense they can afford - unless, of course, they shoot an unarmed teenager and become the darling of the gun huggers.
my oh my, I thought we lived in a country where you were innocent until proven guilty: Oh, I guess that only applies to some, not everyone, right?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
my oh my, I thought we lived in a country where you were innocent until proven guilty: Oh, I guess that only applies to some, not everyone, right?

Well apparantly it didn't apply to Trayvon Martin when Zimmerman decided that he was the judge, jury and executioner.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,204,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Zimmerman never asked his victim, "Can I help you with anything?"

He approached his victim with conclusory conviction.

Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch captain, not the welcome wagon.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well apparantly it didn't apply to Trayvon Martin when Zimmerman decided that he was the judge, jury and executioner.
And you are sure it was not self defense? I don't know, you don't know and this will be up to a jury to decide, wouldn't you agree? and wasn't it Zimmerman's job to protect the neighborhood?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you are sure it was not self defense? I don't know, you don't know and this will be up to a jury to decide, wouldn't you agree? and wasn't it Zimmerman's job to protect the neighborhood?

Zimmerman was supposed to watch the neighborhood. It is the Sanford PD's job to protect the neighborhood. He got out of a car carrying a gun to follow someone on a dark rainy night. What was the boy supposed to think that Zimmerman wanted to give him some candy or ask for directions? What Zimmerman did was extremely idiotic and resulted in him taking a life, the life of someone's child at that. Trayvon Martin had just as much of a right to stand his ground as Zimmerman did and there is no proof that Trayvon was doing anything wrong. So what exactly was Zimmerman protecting?

If Zimmerman had simply stayed in his vehicle, he would have been better off and Trayvon Martin would probably still be alive. Wouldn't you agree? It's up to the jury to decide, but I am entitled to my opinion. Did you have one on the OJ case? Casey Anthony? Charles Manson? Did you say the same about all of them?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,164,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch captain, not the welcome wagon.
Obviously not from Mayberry.

Jaywalking is RAMPANT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies