Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,142,584 times

Advertisements

Pennsylvania is in deep s***!

Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Trial Set To Begin As State Concedes It Has No Proof Of In-Person Voter Fraud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,397,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
When a ID is issued by a state for free, then is it acceptable?? Many states do, including some of those that Eric Holder has sued in federal court to keep the state from requiring an ID for voters.
Replacement birth certificates to get the ID are not free.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,091,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I already answered the question. Do your homework.

I never said "minorities" either.
The only thing that I have seen you type is "there is no voter fraud problem" - a position which flies in the face of facts.

The argument made by another poster is more to the point - they specifically stated that requiring iD would make it hard for minorities to vote.

I'm curious to know whether you agree with that - I also would interested in why you are in support of making it easy for non-citizens to vote - which is what happens when ID is not required.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 PM

38,608 posts, read 22,463,347 times
Quote:
Not a party issue?

Republican Mike Turzai, Pennsylvania's House Majority Leader ..."state's new voter-ID law...is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania."

Not a party issue?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Because it will sharply eliminate fraud - I think the inference is that democrats freaking cheat

Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A bunch of racists in South Carolina are trying to hold down blacks by forcing them, and everybody else, to show photo identification before they can vote.

Astonishing!

Luckily, Attorney General Eric Holder is on it. As he declared in Columbia, S.C., last Martin Luther King Day, the Palmetto State “failed to meet its burden of proving that the voting change would not have a racially discriminatory effect.†Holder’s deputy, Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez, blocked this provision on December 23, citing “the racial gap that presently exists among photo identification holders in the state.†Specifically, “8.4% of white registered voters lacked any form of DMV-issued ID, as compared to 10.0% of non-white registered voters.†This 1.6-percentage-point gap can mean only one thing: racism.

Holder vs. Racist Photo-ID Cards - Deroy Murdock - National Review Online
And where is the word "retarded"?

Liars.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,957,236 times
This is funny.... Where do some people base their logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I prefer "Neener-neener-boo-boo" It's just as juvenile, but it has more letters and makes the person appear to be more educated.
I'm surprised that he didn't claim that your pants are on fire.

In case they are - here is a cold beer. {}

38,608 posts, read 22,463,347 times
Quote:
Replacement birth certificates to get the ID are not free.
So what is your point? That only democrats and minorities lose birth certificates, or can't figure out how to get one?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This is funny.... Where do some people base their logic?
We are dealing with liberals - logic isn't part of the equation.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The only thing that I have seen you type is "there is no voter fraud problem" - a position which flies in the face of facts.

The argument made by another poster is more to the point - they specifically stated that requiring iD would make it hard for minorities to vote.

I'm curious to know whether you agree with that - I also would interested in why you are in support of making it easy for non-citizens to vote - which is what happens when ID is not required.
Demographically, yes, it would affect POOR people more than rich people.

Non-citizens have no interest in showing up to vote and thus invite speculation into their legal status, and the 0.000005% voter fraud rate tells me there is no problem of any significance.

The quote from the Majority leader in Pennsylvania is most telling...guaranteeing Romney wins Pennsylvania as a direct result of voter iD laws.

Are you comfortable with such a skewed, rigged game? I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies