Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 AM

190 posts, read 302,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I do not have any neighbors who go calling the cops weekly on "suspicious" people, following them, and eventually shooting them. We do watch out for each other.
Maybe because your neighborhood, unlike GZ's, is not plagued by burglaries? I know that in some neighborhood burglaries are a big problem and after a while people get really fed up with the situation.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:27 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Maybe because your neighborhood, unlike GZ's, is not plagued by burglaries? I know that in some neighborhood burglaries are a big problem and after a while people get really fed up with the situation.
In that situation it's appropriate to go kill someone b/c he looks "suspicious"?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 AM

17,826 posts, read 13,741,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, that was one of the "inconsistencies" between his statement and the recordings. Zimmerman repeated a number of times that he was attempting to locate an address because the dispatcher wanted the location. I'm guessing that will be one of the inconsistencies used at trial to impeach Zimmerman if he takes the stand.

Yes, it's not like ole George could have looked at the address right in front of his truck (2211 Twin Trees Drive). Oh that's right, Mr. neighborhood watch captain couldn't remember the name of the street that he was on. The one that he drove down every day to get in and out of the neighborhood.

And somebody thinks Trayvon's girl isn't too bright. Sheesh.

Last edited by eddie gein; 06-24-2012 at 11:51 AM..

Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM

812 posts, read 595,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Are you a trained psychologist who has examined George? No?

Or are you forming your 'diagnoses' by reading internet babble? Yes?

That's what I thought.
I wish people had to have a psychological evaluation as well...to be a juror. We must do something about our juror system. It scares hell out of me to think some of the people that post her might end up on the jury of an innocent man. Thr preconceived prejudices are truly frightening. It is truly a lynch mob.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,914,704 times
Quote:
In that situation it's appropriate to go kill someone b/c he looks "suspicious"?
No, it is often appropriate to kill someone who is assaulting you.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it is often appropriate to kill someone who is assaulting you.
There is no evidence that Trayvon started the fight.

Zimmerman initiated the call to police and would not wait for them to arrive.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 PM

17,826 posts, read 13,741,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I wish people had to have a psychological evaluation as well...to be a juror. We must do something about our juror system. It scares hell out of me to think some of the people that post her might end up on the jury of an innocent man. Thr preconceived prejudices are truly frightening. It is truly a lynch mob.
You are claiming that he is innocent without trial or having all the "evidence". How are you any different than those you are criticizing?:smack.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:53 PM

812 posts, read 595,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
You are claiming that he is innocent without trial or having all the "evidence". How are you any different than those you are criticizing?:smack.
Grab a rope Eddie, let's go hit dat sumbitch

Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 PM

190 posts, read 302,389 times
Quote:
What? Whos talking about killing anybody? I responding to a post about calling cops on suspicious individuals.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
There is no way I'd want a wannabe cop with anger management problems who runs around packing a piece living next door to me. He'd probably shoot one of my kids or one of my cats.
True, especially if they were "vicious" cats. I'm sure you know by now that the only reason George bought a gun was to protect his family from a pit bull. See? It's not his fault. If his neighbor didn't have a barking dog, Trayvon would be alive today.

First of all, this was a gated community with an HOA. I've lived in enough communities to know that dogs are not allowed to roam free. It's also against the leash laws, although I realize not everyone obeys them. However, if this animal was dangerous, the HOA could be liable, and there are many young children living there. Were there other complaints?

Anyway, he said he wouldn't have even owned a 9mm Kel-Tec semi-automatic weapon and hollow point bullets if it weren't for Big Boi, the pit bull. I wonder if the postal carrier, the lawn service, the maintenance crew or anyone else in the community thought this dog was dangerous.

If anyone wants to go back and search through my posts, in 2008-2009 I had a major problem with a neighbor's 3 pit bulls and never once did a Lee County Deputy or a Lee County Animal Services Officer tell me to "go out and buy a gun." Pits are lovable, loyal animals but, unfortunately, their owners can be real a-holes. So as the story goes, George and Shelly both had pepper spray, but the Animal Control Officer told him a gun was more efficient, since it might take a few seconds for a spray to work. (not true - I have legal pepper spray that will temporary blind & incapacitate on contact) and there are many humane sprays like Muzzle Canine Repellent that works from distances of 20 feet. I just cannot imagine someone who works for Animal Services telling a resident of a densely populated community with children to buy a gun to shoot the neighbor's dog instead of citing the owner, since an unleashed dog is a violation. Honestly, folks, since day one, every story we hear about this guy makes me go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies