Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
You are exactly right. There was even charges in Zimmerman's past were he was arrested and charged with violence against police officers. The charges was lowered but I believe they may have been lowered because of his pattern of lies. He isn't as innocent in his past as he is betrayed to be. Past behavior can be a indicator of future behavior. I'll rely on Zimmerman's past for now.
Why would you rely on those past cases, which are of uncertain significance anyway? People get slapped with bogus charges, then plead down to 'diversion' all the time. You face a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a felony, or a sure thing of shelling out some bucks and getting a diversion, 9 of 10 people are going to take the latter option.

The guy could have been a child molester in the past, yet his actions in shooting Martin could still be self defense. There's going to be lots of evidence coming out in the trial? Wouldn't it be a whole lot more logical to wait for it and then 'rely' upon that?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I would think medical records would be covered by that unless a release is given by the patient. Any other records covered by privacy laws.

I still think it's possible that, for example, the State will be allowed to file in the court file a list or lists of information which it has turned over to the defense without actually having to turn over complete documents. I have searched through many court files AFTER trial, and it seems that the documents, like forensics reports, autopsies, etc., are filed in the court file when they are entered into evidence during the trial, but pre-trial, there seem to be only lists of information turned over. Of course, the defense attorney gets the complete package, but I'm not sure that stuff has to be filed in the court file prior to trial. I could be wrong, but we'll see once the files are opened to the public, as the start date for providing discovery to the defense was probably April 27.
Thanks , I wasn't thinking outside of the box of Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers...

I'm sure the state will use every loophole available to bypass showing their case to the public, the media will be fighting them every step of the way...

Also the uploading of documents will be at a snail's pace...Imagine the frenzy if the prosecution's initial evidence is indeed on the weak side or if they indeed have "bombshell" evidence...ay yi yi

Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Thanks , I wasn't thinking outside of the box of Names, Addresses, Phone Numbers...

I'm sure the state will use every loophole available to bypass showing their case to the public, the media will be fighting them every step of the way...

Also the uploading of documents will be at a snail's pace...Imagine the frenzy if the prosecution's initial evidence is indeed on the weak side or if they indeed have "bombshell" evidence...ay yi yi
Indeed.......

In my experience it is not at all unusual to just provide names.....no addresses or phone numbers.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Tiluha, do you have a link to the clerk's page where the documents in the court file are available and can be read online? I can get to the usual clerk's docket, but that only reveals the docket and not the documents.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Tiluha, do you have a link to the clerk's page where the documents in the court file are available and can be read online? I can get to the usual clerk's docket, but that only reveals the docket and not the documents.
Here you go.... Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts - Brevard and Seminole Counties Florida

Just click on the links next to the dates...

Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I'm 64 and I consider 20 years "a little younger than me" because it is.
Nice try

Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,913 times
Facts are is the young man, was not as he was portrayed at first either, his mother and lawyer tried to cover up that he was expelled and busted for drugs. You say no witnesses, yes, sir there is one. Zimmerman and FL law says what he did is legal, he felt in fear of his life, truth or not, he said it. They only pressed this penny enny charges to please the public, he will get off, go into witness protection and live the life of riley...right or worng the young man is dead, and his mom will get rich off her ill fated copyright...(what kind of parent is she anyway)

Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Here you go.... Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Courts - Brevard and Seminole Counties Florida

Just click on the links next to the dates...
thanks

Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,791,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Well the trial hasn't even started yet and Zimmerman is already proving to be a liar.

While testifying recently in court, Zimmerman decided to "apologize" to Martin's parents. During his "apology" he said- "I didn't know how old he was, I thought he was a little younger than me". Zimmerman is 28.

On Zimmerman's 911 call the dispatcher asks how old the "suspicious" person is, and Zimmerman answers "LATE TEENS".

Jurors don't like LIARS.
Americans don't like news reporters that lie: CNN MSN

American's don't like a pRresident that CONSTANTLY resorts to lying.

The Attorney General of Florida deliberately lied when she with held evidence of Zimmerman's wounds.

Lets just see how this trial play's out - please report when you have ALL THE EVIDENCE!!

Quit playing juror - judge & AG

Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I would think medical records would be covered by that unless a release is given by the patient. Any other records covered by privacy laws.
You know I just remembered, recently a statute was added to exclude SS#'s, credit card numbers, bank information from court documents, can you believe this information was available to the public at all! Shocking!

Florida Statute 119.071(5)(b).

(2) COURT RECORDS.—

(a) Until January 1, 2012, if a social security number or a bank account, debit, charge, or credit card number is included in a court file, such number may be included as part of the court record available for public inspection and copying unless redaction is requested by the holder of such number or by the holder’s attorney or legal guardian.

(e)1. On January 1, 2012, and thereafter, the clerk of the court must keep social security numbers confidential and exempt as provided for in s. 119.071(5)(a), and bank account, debit, charge, and credit card numbers exempt as provided for in s. 119.071(5)(b), without any person having to request redaction.

Last edited by tiluha; 05-01-2012 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: have you seen my proofreader?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies