Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Your parents aren't aware that teens are from the ages 13-19?
Or might it be the way that they look at their kids for behaving like teens or that they don't want to acknowledge that they're getting older?

Considering the murdered kid was in his teens and the murderer is 28, that's not a "little" younger. He already acknowledged to the police that the kids was probably in his late teens.
I, honestly, think its based on your perspective. People say "late teens early twenties" when generalizing all the time. All the OP, and people like him/her are trying to do is find more ways to demonize him.

If you look at the whole picture either way this case goes the rest of America is screwed. Either he'll do time (whether he deserves it of not) and it will prove that the justice system breaks under pressure, or he wont do time and there will be riots and some people will loose there lives. Sad fact.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Here's the prosecuter's phone #:
(904) 630-2400

You should call her with your eye wtiness testimony. Even their lead investigor said under oath he had no evidence to prove Zimmerman wasn't walking back to his car. So they could really use your evidence.

And maybe Nancy could throw in her NW quotes from around the world, and Evenstar could add her super secret tox screen results that haven't been released. Thank goodness for the c-d attorneys for keeping the world safe.

I don't understand how could he be walking back to his car when the body was found between two buildings. This means that he was still following Trayvon between the buildings and trayvon was not stalking him

Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And the ones who dismiss his lies as meaningless and unimportant are the same ones who assume the worst about Trayvon with no proof at all that he was doing anything but walking home from the store.

Go figure.........
It's puzzled me for weeks...Zimmerman is all that some would normally despise: mixed race; unable to hold a job; someone who'd assaulted a police officer; someone with difficulty taking "personal responsibility" for his actions. Who knows what motivates someone to idealize a person like that.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They should when your life is threatened from an assault.
Then you should not go following people if you can't fight and you should go to jail if you have to bring a gun to a fist fight that you started by stalking someone that you had no business stalking

Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 AM

179 posts, read 156,663 times
Pretty much anyone who conceals a gun uses hollow point bullets. They are safer to bystanders because they will not pass through a target or wall as easily, and they are more effective at stopping a threat since they impart more of their energy into the target. There is nothing illegal or wrong about using these. I seriously doubt the judge would allow this evidence to be used by the prosecution to infer a culpable mens rea on Zimmerman's part. It's just stupid frankly.

It's silly when people who obviously have little to no knowledge of guns get sensational and hysterical about terms like "hollow point rounds."

Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It's puzzled me for weeks...Zimmerman is all that some would normally despise: mixed race; unable to hold a job; someone who'd assaulted a police officer; someone with difficulty taking "personal responsibility" for his actions. Who knows what motivates someone to idealize a person like that.
He killed a black kid that was made out to be a "thug" by the racist and the uninformed------thanks Faux!

Last edited by simetime; 05-01-2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Wow, smoking gun you got there. There is no lie, just misinterpretation on your part. You people have become emotionally desperate over this case for some reason. I guess you guys got the email instructing you to keep beating this dead horse.
Perponderance of evidence is what wins circumstantial cases.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I think it's all about THE GUN.

Notice how many of Zimmerman's supporters here also have this weird need to carry concealed weapons everywhere they go, even into department and grocery stores? Some have even proudly posted pictures of their own handguns so we can oooh and ahhhhh over them.

I think Zimmerman is just their poster boy for gun rights, especially the right to conceal and carry (because Obama wants to take them away, you know) and it really has nothing to do with justice for a dead kid.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:06 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Perponderance of evidence is what wins circumstantial cases.
Since nobody has figured out how to read minds yet, there is no proof he lied about anything. When you are not directly asked a question, how could you lie?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I, honestly, think its based on your perspective. People say "late teens early twenties" when generalizing all the time. All the OP, and people like him/her are trying to do is find more ways to demonize him.
But, zimmerman did NOT say 'late teens, early twenties', did he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies