Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,497,095 times

Advertisements

I just don't see a need to even speculate as to whether he was lying at this point. There will be a lot of evidence--forensic, witness accounts, Zimmerman's account, statement of the girlfriend, etc. If he's lying, the prosecutor out to be able to bring that out.

If it wasn't self defense I want him convicted and put away. Especially as a gun owner and NRA member I wouldn't want people getting away with misuse of guns to kill innocent teenagers. But if it was self-defense, I want him free to go on his way. People have the right to defend themselves when their lives are threatened. It's as simple as that. I can't see where either Trayvon Martin's race or Zimmerman's race should matter a whit.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,070,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
If you are implying that I believed GZ had more authority than the rest of us because I used the term "on patrol" for lack of a better term, I have to ask, how on earth did you come to that conclusion?

And if that is the case can you explain this...

Well lookey here...looks like I'm not the only one....[url]https://www.city-data.com/forum/23609125-post2793.html[/url]

Stumbled on the above post completely by accident...
Even I can't find posts I wrote over a month ago. You must spend a lot of time looking for ways to be combative. I think Sarah Palin called this a "Gotcha" type of questioning. I also don't see where I said anything different. I've always believed Zimmerman was wrong when he followed Martin.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,656,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm not saying someone can be shot for asking why are you following me. But, that isn't what happened anyway.

This is what happened. Trayvon was walking through the neighborhood in which he was living at the time, Zimmerman didn't recognize him and was concerned that he might be there to steal something, so Zimmerman followed Trayvon, Trayvon saw Zimmerman following him and at some point asked Zimmerman why he was following him, Zimmerman then asked Trayvon what he was doing there, they then repeated the questions to each other instead of answering each other, and at some point Trayvon ended up punching Zimmerman in the face, knocking him down, and jumping on top of him, at which time Zimmerman shot Trayvon.

Can you agree with me, that that is what happened?
Only Zimmerman knows what happened.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,451,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Either that or the lawyer lied.

He is going to be tried for violating the law against manslaughter. Before you an tallulah jump all over me, I did say "innocent until proven guilty". But you can't say, he violated no law. We don't know yet.
I agree. There will be a trial or immunity hearing to determine whether this man violated a law, or numerous laws. He has been charged with violating the law, 2nd degree murder (manslaughter will be a lesser included), and therefore he gets his day in court. Until that time, IMO, no one can accurately say that he violated no law.

IMO, people tend to fragment these cases too much and really miss the big picture.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,039,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Only Zimmerman knows what happened.
Jesus knows also.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,210,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Even I can't find posts I wrote over a month ago. You must spend a lot of time looking for ways to be combative. I think Sarah Palin called this a "Gotcha" type of questioning. I also don't see where I said anything different. I've always believed Zimmerman was wrong when he followed Martin.
Good job avoiding my question...to answer your question, didn't spend any time at all, just happened to stumble across it and I couldn't resist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess by repeating the words "on patrol" people here feel it will convince others he had more authority than the rest of us.
Since we both used the term "on patrol" are you trying to "convince others he had more authority than the rest of us" as well?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Jesus knows also.
And he seems to be not talking.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,039,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And he seems to be not talking.
Doubt if he will be a witness.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Doubt if he will be a witness.
On something, you and I finally agree.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,569,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Facts are is the young man, was not as he was portrayed at first either, his mother and lawyer tried to cover up that he was expelled and busted for drugs. You say no witnesses, yes, sir there is one. Zimmerman and FL law says what he did is legal, he felt in fear of his life, truth or not, he said it. They only pressed this penny enny charges to please the public, he will get off, go into witness protection and live the life of riley...right or worng the young man is dead, and his mom will get rich off her ill fated copyright...(what kind of parent is she anyway)
TM was not expelled, he was suspended, and the susupension was not for drug use, it was for having a baggie with marijuans residue on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies