Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I obviously won't look over every page since I last posted here, but what did the pro-Zimmerman camp have to say about the content found on GZ's discovered MySpace? I'm especially interested in hearing from those who were sure that Trayvon was the no-good thug.
What was found on GZ's MySpace page? Do you know? I haven't heard anything about that. Sounds interesting.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What was found on GZ's MySpace page? Do you know? I haven't heard anything about that. Sounds interesting.
Found an article still reading it...

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered

Read more here: George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,358,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why don't you give us a link or something to look at, I'm not sure what you're talking about really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thank you for bringing this up, since his attorney has created web sites to distract people from these discoveries and to raise money. This is a very, very rare practice by a lawyer, so O'Mara is obviously playing to the sympathy of Zimmerman's supporters. Several attorneys are calling this unethical and crossing the bar.

What's unethical about it to me is that he (Mr. O'Mara) already said that the sites will be monitored and unacceptable comments will be removed. Considering that Zimmerman and his attorney have complete control over the content of these sites, I hope a judge orders them to be shut down. Just my opinion, but I don't see how an attorney can request that certain records be sealed, ask for a fair, impartial trial and then "advertise" in favor of his client.

By the way, I haven't seen any of the comments you mentioned. I'm sure we'll hear that it was years ago, so we shouldn't judge him. After all, the domestic violence record & the violent assault charges were no big deal, so why should a crude MySpace page be any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
According to the Miami Herald, this page was confirmed to be him. Highlights of the page contain Zimmerman making disparaging comments against Mexicans and referring to his ex-girlfriend as a "ho". The page was from 2005, making GZ about 22-years-old at that time.

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yeah, the last thing this case needs is for it to be tried in the court of public opinion... oh wait.

Why are some of you all of a sudden scared for details to be made public? Why are you worried about a Facebook page being set up in support of GZ? It seems to me like a lot of you are scared that you might be on the wrong side of right once the real facts in this case come out.
That isn't what I said, is it? There already was a site for him that raised over $200,000 - you know, the one he failed to mention at the bond hearing?

This site is open to people like you, that's why I'm opposed to it. There have already been very insulting comments made against the Martin family, but Zimmerman's attorney said they will now be monitored more carefully.

"The real facts" should come out in a trial.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,702 times
Default Wow...Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Found an article still reading it...

George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered

Read more here: George Zimmerman’s crude Myspace page from 2005 uncovered - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
Very interesting...

George Zimmerman's MySpace Page

Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 PM

593 posts, read 891,504 times
The prosecution may have fallen victim to public outcry and influenced by officials fearing a riot or violence if a murder charge wasn't intitated as opposed to lets say negligent homicide or even manslaughter. We can only speculate what may come out of this case. Bottom line a teen died and that was horrible. Trayvon was on a 10 day suspension from his Miami school and although a detention would have saved him he ended up in the wrong place and a victim seemingly of a zealous neighborhood watchman, who should have not followed Trayvon. I suspect (for what it's worth) that Trayvon liked to emulate West Coast rap dogs evidenced by his hoodie and rapper linked facebook, He associated with Maimi dog wannabees and already had the gold teeth and tattoo thing going on. He was big for his age. My heart goes out to his parents both who seem to be really nice and loving people for their loss. I believe both parties Trayvon and Zimmermen were both at fault for their individual actions. It will be an intersting case. The whole thing is simply aweful and makes me sick.

Das

Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,304,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yep...not exactly a "B.S. charge," huh? It would take one helluva blunt for Snoop to even daydream about pulling that with a cop. Seems that Zimmerman has a problem with self-restraint.
Telling cops "F!ck you", getting into bar brawls with cops, pistol whipping your girlfriend, and putting a cap in teens who invade your turf. Maybe it's true what the right wing is saying about Trayvon, maybe he was a thug, but he was small time compared to the Z man.

Zimmerman is 100% thug life, forget Snoop, Tupac can't hold a candle to this gangsta.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Do you mean other than from the police report and the video?
The police report said that there were no marks on Martin to show that he hit anyone, actually, when presented with the Zimmerman beating information, they said that the beating allegation did not match their evidence.

Do post anything you might have that would be compelling.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,960,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
It will definitely matter in this case...It would seem that because it was a hollow point bullet the entry wound cauterizes and therefore might explain the lack of blood on GZ...
Okay, I see your point. I wasn't talking about the forensic evidence. I am sure that will all be revealed by experts at the trial.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Thank you for bringing this up, since his attorney has created web sites to distract people from these discoveries and to raise money. This is a very, very rare practice by a lawyer, so O'Mara is obviously playing to the sympathy of Zimmerman's supporters. Several attorneys are calling this unethical and crossing the bar.

What's unethical about it to me is that he (Mr. O'Mara) already said that the sites will be monitored and unacceptable comments will be removed. Considering that Zimmerman and his attorney have complete control over the content of these sites, I hope a judge orders them to be shut down. Just my opinion, but I don't see how an attorney can request that certain records be sealed, ask for a fair, impartial trial and then "advertise" in favor of his client.

By the way, I haven't seen any of the comments you mentioned. I'm sure we'll hear that it was years ago, so we shouldn't judge him. After all, the domestic violence record & the violent assault charges were no big deal, so why should a crude MySpace page be any different?
I think that's what Extrajudicial Statements refers to in the court order of april 30th......prejudicial statements made outside of court to the media, etc., including the internet.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_...20requests.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.