Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 AM

23,405 posts, read 37,244,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes I agree with that.
What about Christian Scientists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,979,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
women in the work force, covered by an employer who are between the ages of 18 and 45, would consider birth control coverage as part of a routine health coverage. if men got pregnant there would be no issue

business owners like the "states" right does not give one a green light to ignore what is common place and accepted as normal practices. you don't get to "exclude" based on personal bigotry
Classic entitlement mentality. Its my money, If I choose not to cover you for something that should be my choice. It you want to pay for it be my guest or go work for some other employer that does provide that type of coverage.

Seeing as how you are a pro-abortion in your posts you should understand that view point.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 AM

25,903 posts, read 20,897,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Why should any employer be forced by law to provide any type of health insurance at all or, if they do, to cover anything in particular?

Why doesn't the government just subsidize birth control directly? Problem solved...
They are not forced to do so.
Employers offer healthcare benefits as a means to attract quality employees.
The more competitive the industry, the more benefits offered.
And, there is still economy of scale, particularly for companies with hundreds or thousands of employees.
Some of the largest offer virtually every sort of benefit one could imagine from health insurance to legal services to pet insurance and so on.
I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,379,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Like I said earlier, I think employers shouldn't be providing health insurance at all. Most Americans have no clue what the true cost of health insurance is. If they knew and were forced to pay for it directly, they would demand that costs come down.
Yet you don't think the government should provide it either. IYO, it should be a free for all - insurance companies choosing who they will insure and everyone else pays cash for medical care. No cash, no care.

Lots of dead Americans, doing it your way...

Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,574,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
They are not forced to do so.
Employers offer healthcare benefits as a means to attract quality employees.
I'm aware of this, but I was under the impression that the health care plan was going to require employers to provide health insurance within a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The more competitive the industry, the more benefits offered.
And, there is still economy of scale, particularly for companies with hundreds or thousands of employees.
Some of the largest offer virtually every sort of benefit one could imagine from health insurance to legal services to pet insurance and so on.
I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I don't see it changing either, but I really wouldn't have a problem with banning employer-provided health insurance altogether. If people had an idea of what health insurance really cost, health care costs would come down.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Yet you don't think the government should provide it either. IYO, it should be a free for all - insurance companies choosing who they will insure and everyone else pays cash for medical care. No cash, no care.

Lots of dead Americans, doing it your way...
No, states should do something to help the uninsured.

And I'm not opposed to laws prohibiting discrimination based on pre-existing conditions.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What about Christian Scientists?
If it is their private business go for it. I have picked up two great supervisors from another landscape company owned by German Baptists. The employees didn't like the way they ran their company and came to work for me for lower pay. Their choice.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM

33,153 posts, read 19,785,213 times
simple solution

GET RID of ALL (private and government) INSURANCE....insurance is not care...never was

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
simple solution

GET RID of ALL (private and government) INSURANCE....insurance is not care...never was
You do understand that just a few days in the hospital can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, right?

Those costs need to come down, but we have to have insurance. And eliminating insurance wouldn't do enough to get those costs down. It would help some, but the costs wouldn't be low enough for the majority of Americans to be able to afford it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
simple solution

Interesting viewpoint. Care to expound on that a little?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies