Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,829,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The worry I have is not about birth control, per se, but the precedent it sets for an employer to simply not cover anything/everything they don't feel like covering.

Want to save some money? Just decline coverage on the #1 item that your employee base uses their health insurance for.

No one sees a problem with that?
No I don't because smart employers will cover things that keep their employees happy and working hard. If you don't like an employers health care plan go work some where else.

I have employees that stay with me for lesser pay because of the great health care options I provide through our insurance carrier.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 10:09 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,151,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

I agree with him. Furthermore, who gave Obama the right to force anyone to provide something let alone do so for free?!

Why the hell should birth control be covered when it's not a frickin health issue? PAY FOR IT YOURSELVES. The cost of this always comes back to everyone else in sick of the welfare state liberlusm continues to push and expand!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,707,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is a waste of time. It isn't going anywhere.
Sure it will, when Romney is president, and he has complete and utter control over ObamaCare, his HHS secretary can simply make it so. No need for congressional or senate approval either.... just like there isn't any need for Sebelius to consult with congress today. After all, we have line after line which states "as determined by the HHS secretary".

With ObamaCare, Romney can make a ban on any healthcare coverage involving birth control. Yippee!!! Isn't big gob'ment a bootyful thing?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,707,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No I don't because smart employers will cover things that keep their employees happy and working hard. If you don't like an employers health care plan go work some where else.

I have employees that stay with me for lesser pay because of the great health care options I provide through our insurance carrier.
That's funny, cuz once ObamaCare goes live the choice of what should or should not be included in health care insurance is not up to the employer, its all in the hands of the federal government. Federal bureaucrats will decide for you, what health care you are allowed to have, and fine or imprison your employer if he/she does not comply.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,039,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's not just birth control.
Blunt's amendment would deny preventative care for any procedure that anyone found objectionable.

"The Blunt Amendment gives virtually limitless and unprecedented license to any employer or insurance plan, religious or not, to exclude any health service, no matter how essential, in the health services they cover."

The Blunt Amendment Takes Away Access to Critical Health Insurance Coverage for Millions of Americans | National Women's Law Center

So what? Do you have a point?

Why should the government dictate the composition of health coverage an employer may offer?

Do you understand that the more expensive a health insurance policy is for the employer to provide the less the employer has left to offer employees in the way of take home pay?

It is long past time that health insurance stop being tied to the employer. People should go out and purchase their health insurance the way they purchase vehicle, homeowners, life, long term care insurace packages. Let people shop for and choose the policies which best fit their needs at the best price they can find on their own.

I'm still waiting for the OP to come back to the thread, amend the thread heading to an honest one, and explain why he/she believes that no mandate to an employer to provide something for "free" equates to an all out complete "ban".

Old 02-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Hmmm. What if your private employer believes that God has a plan and any medical care interferes with that plan. Therefore, he chooses to not offer health insurance of any kind. You're OK with that?
Yes go find another place to work. Like I stated before, I have employees that stay with me for a lower wage than at other companies just because of the insurance coverage I provide, that and I'm an great person if I do say so myself.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,355,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Sure it will, when Romney is president, and he has complete and utter control over ObamaCare, his HHS secretary can simply make it so. No need for congressional or senate approval either.... just like there isn't any need for Sebelius to consult with congress today. After all, we have line after line which states "as determined by the HHS secretary".

With ObamaCare, Romney can make a ban on any healthcare coverage involving birth control. Yippee!!! Isn't big gob'ment a bootyful thing?
Every time a Republican panders to the religious right, hundreds of undecided voters come to a decision. Seven more months of this rush to kiss the a**es of RWNJs and Obama will win in a landslide.

The Republican party is in the process of imploding - and they don't even know it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That's funny, cuz once ObamaCare goes live the choice of what should or should not be included in health care insurance is not up to the employer, its all in the hands of the federal government. Federal bureaucrats will decide for you, what health care you are allowed to have, and fine or imprison your employer if he/she does not comply.
YMMV. Get back to me when it does.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,150,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I've come to expect non fallacious arguments from you ovcatto. Why the change all of a sudden?
I find that the "fallaciousness" of an argument is highly correlated with the inability to cogently answer, much less rebut, the "argument".

Quote:
Your position is a non starter.
I expressed no opinion, I asked a question. .

Quote:
This argument is about whether or not private employers should have a say in the free benefits they pay insurance companies to provide for their employees.
No, the "argument" is whether religious beliefs trump the rights of employees in a secular business environment. As for the "right" to "free" medications if appropriate regulation or legislation establishes that right, then it is by definition a right.

Quote:
It all about being Pro-Choice.
And heretofore I always thought that the issue of choice was about abortion not the prevention of an unwanted pregnancy that would preclude the need for abortion?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,039,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Every time a Republican panders to the religious right, hundreds of undecided voters come to a decision. Seven more months of this rush to kiss the a**es of RWNJs and Obama will win in a landslide.

The Republican party is in the process of imploding - and they don't even know it.
This country is imploding on the watch of Democrats and the Progressive left either doesn't know it or doesn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies