Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,200,985 times

Advertisements

Only a religious nut case, or an absolute moron (see Republican reactionaries) would prefer the costs associated with abortions or pregnancy to the cost of providing coverage for birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM

32,950 posts, read 19,633,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Only a religious nut case, or an absolute moron (see Republican reactionaries) would prefer the costs associated with abortions or pregnancy to the cost of providing coverage for birth control.
only an idiot (the fascist liberals) would think the cost of medical service is free

Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM

480 posts, read 1,925,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This has noting to do with faith or worship and pre internt days when loony fringe groups had no voice nobody would have thought a thing about this.

We are cattle, nothing more. Stupider than most cows.
You mean loony fringe groups like THE CATHOLIC CHURCH? A religion that 25% of Americans belong to? Granted, many individual Catholics don't follow the exact script, and that's fine, but the Church as an employer should have the right to choose whether to pay for birth control for its employees or not.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,297,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Someone's sexual proclivities shouldn't be any of your business. And a woman shouldn't have to come to you, her boss, and explain why she requires a certain medication, in order to get you to include that medication on the insurance you provide. You provide the benefit with the expectation that it's something your employees need and will use. Cherry-picking the benefit in order to enforce your personal standards is over-stepping your authority. You're not the morality police, and since birth control medications actually deal with other health issues besides contraception, an employer's opposition to those medications can only be seen as an attempt to impose the employer's religious beliefs on employees.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

the real question for "PLANNED parenthood is why they push the abortions, and not the contraceptives.....
And who told you they "push" abortions and not contraceptives?

No, no....don't tell me. Let me guess.

Is he fat and disgusting and vile and hateful and doctor shops for his pain pills?

Seriously, if you have proof that that statement is true, please enlighten me. And, no, "Rush (or Beck or Hannity or...) told me" doesn't count.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 PM

18,547 posts, read 19,178,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Good thing for you you can't say that to her directly. Even I know better than to cross that line.

Some of you people just don't get it. The majority of us men have our views of reproduction formed by women.
you are not the boss of me. BTW if your wife was my good friend, I certainly would advise her to make sure her husband considered her a full partner.

seriously you have your head in the sand if you think neanderthal 3rd world thinking by men is a majority.

23,405 posts, read 37,164,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
No problem with PP being there. Just why does the government have to pay for it? There are so many liberals that love abortions. I would think that would be their charity of choice. (get it?) Oh I almost forgot that most liberals don't give to charity.
What does the 2nd and 3rd sentence of your post have to do with the topic?
Or is it that you just couldnt resist taking a cheap shot?
Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wonder what Mrs. Mitch McConnell or his daughters think about this.

I think this is just another old man stressing out about young women's reproductive capacity. Does he think he owns them or something?
If you really think that's what it's about, you're a moron.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,881,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Do you provide coverage for pediatric care?
You know, the end result of denying BC coverage?
Of course because its the smart business decision.

However that is not the point of this argument.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 PM

18,547 posts, read 19,178,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
^^ this

Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Frankly Obama wants the church to hand out contraception against its beliefs.. the democrats say it is a right to get contraception.

There are other ways to get free contraception such as planned parenthood. So why is Obama doing this? He is anti-religion and pushing his secular agenda on the churches. Plus Obama doesn't want anyone punished with a baby.
I bet you 15 trillion dollars that if it were the The Nation of Islam who didn't want to pay for BC for its employees, Obama would just wink, nod, and sweep it under the rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies