Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Boondocks and their character Uncle Ruckus politically incorrect
Yes 7 36.84%
No 12 63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,243,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I think Huey was the one who went around speaking the truth more than anything. Ruckus was like a foil to Huey. Huey had issues with his people, as did Ruckus, but Huey wanted to fix them while Ruckus just used those issues as a reason to "praise White Jesus" and whatnot, hahah.

Another favorite of mine is Tom Dubois:

Toms ***** moment uncensored - YouTube
Isn't it it a racist remark to say 'PRAISE WHITE JESUS" sure sounds anti-white.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:17 AM

73,185 posts, read 62,886,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How is it racist? There is not any proof that Jesus was White.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,720,585 times
Quote:
Meh, i'm pretty damn white and I've never felt offended by the show.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How is it racist? There is not any proof that Jesus was White.
I don't care what color Jesus was. How is that! Blacks have a problem with Jesus if he has white skin. If Jesus was orange, green or pink, brown , black,yellow striped or checkered I have no problem.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Meh, i'm pretty damn white and I've never felt offended by the show.
If you can't see anything offensive when it is completely offensive to me, we are definitely on different wave lengths.. i see it as racist garbage for blacks and whites.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM

73,185 posts, read 62,886,348 times
Quote:
I don't care what color Jesus was. How is that! Blacks have a problem with Jesus if he has white skin. If Jesus was orange, green or pink, brown , black,yellow striped or checkered I have no problem.
This is the thing. Many Black people have been made to believe that being Black was a curse, something horrible, and that being White was a blessing. It is that demise of self-esteem that makes many people wonder if people really believe Jesus was White or if they were being told that out of some other reason.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,322,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

It's not the intent of the show to be politically correct. It present views that are real and in some cases controversial without making any excuses.

Personally, I find it hilarious.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the thing. Many Black people have been made to believe that being Black was a curse, something horrible, and that being White was a blessing. It is that demise of self-esteem that makes many people wonder if people really believe Jesus was White or if they were being told that out of some other reason.
The blacks make it sound like it is horrible to come together as a nation of all colors.. the dividing message of color and race is alive and well in this Uncle Ruckus.. I hear many blacks say that republican blacks are all uncle ruckus"s , that the Cain's of the world cater to whites.

Sounds like a big bunch of resentment being fed them though the uncle ruckus acceptance. This will forever fuel the resentment of division and hate.. Jesus was a Jew, most Jews are white. But who knows he could have been black.. what difference does it make.. Jesus is more spirit than skin.

Do we judge dogs by their color? It is more foolish to judge one by the color of their human skin.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,312,062 times
Quote:
The blacks make it sound like it is horrible to come together as a nation of all colors.. the dividing message of color and race is alive and well in this Uncle Ruckus.. I hear many blacks say that republican blacks are all uncle ruckus"s , that the Cain's of the world cater to whites.

Sounds like a big bunch of resentment being fed them though the uncle ruckus acceptance. This will forever fuel the resentment of division and hate.. Jesus was a Jew, most Jews are white. But who knows he could have been black.. what difference does it make.. Jesus is more spirit than skin.

Do we judge dogs by their color? It is more foolish to judge one by the color of their human skin.
You have a gross misunderstanding of how race functions in this world.

First the whole idea of race was created in America during the slave trade. Up until that point, human beings never classified themselves on the basis of skin color. Language, religion, customs, etc were the basis of human identity.

But in this nation, this perverted idea of race was introduced by white slaveholders to justify enslaving other human beings and treating them like animals. This is were this idea of the inherent inferiority of black people was introduced and embraced by Europeans on this land.

Sadly, this fabricated white racially identity became a key marker of differentiating Europeans from American whites. In that Europeans who came to this nation largely abandoned their old cultural ethnic identity and embraced this new one of being a white American.

So the black racial identity was forced upon the enslaved. They had no choice in the matter.

So these racial categories were defined that to be white was to be the supreme human being and understand that white Americans embraced this identity, and to be black was to be the scum of the earth and again understand that white Americans embraced that identity.

In the end race is not about what those labeled black want, because what we want is ours as AMERICANS.

Race has and continues to be about white Americans. What does it mean to be a white American without white skin privilege, without racial discrimination against all groups, without the very ideas that are the foundation of that identity?

White Americans still have not figured this out. So racial division continues.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,353,790 times
Many whites and other ethnicities might not understand the Boondocks, but I guarantee that every black person knows at least one or two characters in real life which makes it so funny.

Uncle Ruckus - A blackman that is ashamed of being black
Riley - a wannabe thug
Huey - a conscious blackman
Grandad - Old blackman set in his ways and is clueless as to what is going on
Thugnificent - ignorant rapper
Thomas Dubois - professional blackman with white wife
Sarah Dubois - cool white wife who tolerates her lame husband
Jasmine Dubois - confused biracial daughter
Ed Wuncler Sr - Old rich white dude
Ed Wuncler jr - Spoiled rich white kid that embraces the hood culture
Gin Rummy - white thug wannabe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies