Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2011, 11:10 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,608,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Kracer, I said we were going to kick Texas out of the union. Who said anything about giving up American claims on our oil? Oil fields that were developed by American companies will continue to belong to America.
It's time you wake up now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:39 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,354,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Kracer, I said we were going to kick Texas out of the union. Who said anything about giving up American claims on our oil? Oil fields that were developed by American companies will continue to belong to America.
I'm assuming you're from Jawja, and if so, you've got a lot of nerve, my friend. The only reason that state's goofball politicians aren't more infamous is beacause it's a smaller and less powerful state. But believe you me, if many of the northern libs had any say on it, they'd consider kicking out the great state of GA as well.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm assuming you're from Jawja, and if so, you've got a lot of nerve, my friend. The only reason that state's goofball politicians aren't more infamous is beacause it's a smaller and less powerful state. But believe you me, if many of the northern libs had any say on it, they'd consider kicking out the great state of GA as well.
Are you kidding me. Atlanta is one of the most Democratic large cities in the U.S. The suburbs are mostly conservative, but hte city is mostly democrat. Savannah has a pretty large Democratic base as well. Not to mention the fact, that I have not heard calls for secession from Georgians, of which I am one.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Are you kidding me. Atlanta is one of the most Democratic large cities in the U.S.
As are Houston, Dallas, and Austin. The state of Georgia is still blood red.

Quote:
The suburbs are mostly conservative, but hte city is mostly democrat. Savannah has a pretty large Democratic base as well. Not to mention the fact, that I have not heard calls for secession from Georgians, of which I am one.
Republicans want Georgia to secede | Veterans Today

Even in your own "source", the article clearly states that not even most Texas Republicans want to secede, so just what is your agenda here? Have you some personal vendetta against the state of Texas?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
As are Houston, Dallas, and Austin. The state of Georgia is still blood red.

Republicans want Georgia to secede | Veterans Today

Even in your own "source", the article clearly states that not even most Texas Republicans want to secede, so just what is your agenda here? Have you some personal vendetta against the state of Texas?
You are incorrect. Dallas has a lot of democrats, but certainly can't be considered democrat stronghold and the same goes for houston. Austin is democratic.

I have no vendetta against Texas. I just think we should give them what they want and allow them to seceed. There are a lot of people in Texas who do want to secede. It is not a majority, maye we just let half the state secede and keep Austin.

It is true. Outside of Atlanta it does pretty much suck, although I do like Savannah. Very pretty state though.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You are incorrect. Dallas has a lot of democrats, but certainly can't be considered democrat stronghold and the same goes for houston. Austin is democratic.
Houston and Dallas are just like Atlanta: a blue core surrounded by a sea of red. Houston has a lesbian mayor, so you don't get much more of a stronghold than that.

What changes things at times is the fact that Atlanta's city limits are small, while the other two are quite large.

Quote:
I have no vendetta against Texas. I just think we should give them what they want and allow them to seceed. There are a lot of people in Texas who do want to secede. It is not a majority, maye we just let half the state secede and keep Austin.
You keep saying "them", but I'm sure you see how you aren't making sense. It is clear that most Texans don't want to secede so what point are you trying to make?

Austin is not everything you think it is. You watch too much television. Austin is liberal but I guarantee you that they wouldn't even want to associate themselves with Atlanta. They latch on to California.

Quote:
It is true. Outside of Atlanta it does pretty much suck, although I do like Savannah. Very pretty state though.
Right. Now that I've proven to you that your own state has flirted with secession, maybe now you'll reconsider this self-righteous attitude.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Houston and Dallas are just like Atlanta: a blue core surrounded by a sea of red. Houston has a lesbian mayor, so you don't get much more of a stronghold than that.

What changes things at times is the fact that Atlanta's city limits are small, while the other two are quite large.

You keep saying "them", but I'm sure you see how you aren't making sense. It is clear that most Texans don't want to secede so what point are you trying to make?

Austin is not everything you think it is. You watch too much television. Austin is liberal but I guarantee you that they wouldn't even want to associate themselves with Atlanta. They latch on to California.

Right. Now that I've proven to you that your own state has flirted with secession, maybe now you'll reconsider this self-righteous attitude.
You seem to take things way to seriously. The whole thread was tongue and cheek. My home state actually did secede. It was called the civil war. Look it up some time.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
You seem to take things way to seriously. The whole thread was tongue and cheek. My home state actually did secede. It was called the civil war. Look it up some time.
Anyone who's ever passed the 7th grade knows about that. We're talking here and now.

I used to live in Atlanta, so I'm no stranger to the political atmosphere in Georgia.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,870 times
Quote:
I don't know Rick Perry, but I think anyone who would vote for him has questionable intelligence, which seems to be the majority of Texas, and if that was the only reason then I would say don't allow them to leave, but that is just the tip of the iceburg. Maybe we can figure out a way to keep Austin and get rid of the rest of the state.
Well there's a common liberal thought process. "I don't know, therefore this is my completely uninformed opinion". hotair seems to be a fitting user name for you.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:19 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Well there's a common liberal thought process. "I don't know, therefore this is my completely uninformed opinion". hotair seems to be a fitting user name for you.

A lot of hotair coming out of Jawja.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies