Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Those people had a choice when they ratified that document called the Constitution. That territory became a "state" when it was mutually agreed by the people of that Territory and the Congress Assembled [In the name and power of the People of the United States].

And why do you think the Constitution begins "WE THE PEOPLE" ???

Besides which every state that is not one of the original 13 [or their former territories] can suck it....you are quite welcome for the Republic and your Rights.
I agree with the substance and tone of this post, but when it comes to Texas, we should make an exception. LBJ, Bush, Bush, perhaps Perry -- it's time for Texas to get out of the Union for the good of the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 01:53 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree with the substance and tone of this post, but when it comes to Texas, we should make an exception. LBJ, Bush, Bush, perhaps Perry -- it's time for Texas to get out of the Union for the good of the nation.
Oh totally!

If any group of people have continuously flaunted their arrogance in the face of the other 49 states, the values, traditions, rights and laws of our federation its Texas.

They stopped being a "nation" upon ratifying the Constitution. As in they relinquished ALL sovereignties to the federal government-in the name of the People.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Oh totally!

If any group of people have continuously flaunted their arrogance in the face of the other 49 states, the values, traditions, rights and laws of our federation its Texas.

They stopped being a "nation" upon ratifying the Constitution. As in they relinquished ALL sovereignties to the federal government-in the name of the People.
(my bold)

Okay now...I think I've got it.

If Texas pulls out, our leadership will cause other states to say...if they can do, so can we.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,201,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Perhaps you are operating under the illusion that Texas actually owns the oil companies. Those are private companies. It would have no impact on the amount of oil produced, but nice try.
No impact on oil produced, no... impact prices? Yes. Greatly.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
And what about the illegal immigration you're dealing with now? Will they simply stop at the Texas borders with NM, Ok, Ark, and Louisiana being content to remain within Texas or will you now have to build a REALLY big fence to keep both Mexicans and Texans out? Whew.

The Texas, Arizona love affair with cheap labour started this whole mess now it's spread throughout and ain't stopping anytime soon. Think of the drug cartels glee over claiming Texas as their new bastion. For every Texan who thinks they'd be able to resist them there's probably five willing to co-operate with them.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You might want to read about Texas history before commenting.
Making up stuff and posting as "fact" does nothing for your reputation.

1500...Texas was occupied by Indians..US Indians, not Mexican Indians.

There was this little battle called the Battle of San Jacinto where Texas won it's independence from Mexico fair and square.

Texas Timeline (Key Events in early Texas)
Truth doesn't matter in this thread. I see people just flex their fingers and vomit on their keyboard.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
It would be easier just to seperate anything within 50 miles of the Pacific Ocean and within 100 miles of the Atlantic N. of Virginia to become their own little nations. The sea air does seem to rot people's brains. The rest of the country can carry on with Texas, just dump the little leftie conclaves. Make sure the crimial aliens have plenty of time to head there to the sanctuary nations before we build the walls.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
I was watching a documentary on Texas history. It turns out life in the Texas Republic was terrible. Texans were in deep debt and were desperate to join the Union. (Typical cons, need liberals to fix their problems for them.) They gave away a huge chunk of territory for the privelage of being in the U.S. The way I see it, Texas has abused the privelage of being in the U.S. one too many times. It's time to kick them out and leave to them to their own devices.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Just about the only good thing that comes from Texas is oil and gas, beyond that I think the country would be better off without Texas in it.

Just think of all the worthless politicians that have been from that state, and I include LBJ in the group.

only oil and gas? try alot of food, energy and alot of other things too. if Texas was allowed to secede, you might find the prices of everything going through the roof in cost.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I think the coasts should defect so that the states in the middle can create their paranoid white bible country.
Be careful what you wish for .. The states in the middle have all of the food and the petroleum ..

just sayin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies