Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,148,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I suspect people are more used to being self-sufficient in rural areas and get tired of Big Brother always nosing into their lives.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,211,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Have you been to rural America? If you have, the answer should be obvious -- it's ignorance.
Wow, way to insult every farmer and rancher that feeds you.
Or has the melamine from that cheap Chinese fake food affected your mind?
I have to laugh though, you wouldnt last long in rural America.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,809,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Groups or mobs that hold anti-Government sentiments are more likely to be in rural areas than they are in big cities or suburbs. Why is that?
It's just bluster, that's all. We still gladly accept our SS checks, unemployment, medicaid and medicare benefits, business and industry subsidies, tax benefits, etc.

Now, if you pardon me, I need to step outside to the bathroom.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:28 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,518,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Groups or mobs that hold anti-Government sentiments are more likely to be in rural areas than they are in big cities or suburbs. Why is that?
I think it's because they don't live close together out in the country, so they don't see a need for ordinances, rules and regulations that cities and towns prefer. Just my thought.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,432,906 times
Quote:
Have you been to rural America? If you have, the answer should be obvious -- it's ignorance.
Now that comment p*sses me off more than most you make. When some intelligent people comment and you jump in with that kind of crap it makes me wonder.

Hey, I wondered where you were hiding out.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you have a link or any proof to back up your assertion in your thread title? Or, is this thread, like so many others, just another baseless accusation?

It would seem to me there are plenty of activist groups in urban areas. Just this past weekend there was the "Occupy Wallstreet" group. I don't see SEIU protesting in rural America. Michael Bloomberg wasn't warning of riots in rural areas.

I think that SEIU would say that they just don't have a reason to do their thing in a rural area but I think they know better than to try it. I can guarantee you that the cowboys in my county would come running if that group came to town and started acting up. Maybe a good fight unless the cowboys brought their guns to town.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,027,519 times
Quote:
Yes, I have. Many of us that live rurally chose to do so after becoming tired of dealing with self important idiots that feel qualified to judge the level of education, experience, and intelligence of people they've never met based on little other than their geographical location.

There are few traits more repulsive than that of bigotry.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Yes, I have. Many of us that live rurally chose to do so after becoming tired of dealing with self important idiots that feel qualified to judge the level of education, experience, and intelligence of people they've never met based on little other than their geographical location.

There are few traits more repulsive than that of bigotry.
Geographical location is the answer.

Glenn Beck has moved to Texas so he can say what he said today. He said that we need to divide this place into two places and then have nothing to do with each other. In fact he suggested that we just put the coastal states in one grouping and the more rural interior ones in the middle in the other one. He said a high wall should be built and within a year the coastals would be trying to get into the other area. California may be able to support itself but what about the others? It is a fun idea, anyway.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 13,020,197 times
Quote:

Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,809,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Geographical location is the answer.

Glenn Beck has moved to Texas so he can say what he said today. He said that we need to divide this place into two places and then have nothing to do with each other. In fact he suggested that we just put the coastal states in one grouping and the more rural interior ones in the middle in the other one. He said a high wall should be built and within a year the coastals would be trying to get into the other area. California may be able to support itself but what about the others? It is a fun idea, anyway.
Yeah, but we'll be doing to the coasters what we accuse them of doing to us. Be the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies