Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
He is right though. Many little kids are kidnapped and murdered and we never hear anything about it. I had a neighbor back in Tacoma , WA who's little girl was kidnapped, raped and murdered. She did not get any attention at all from the media other than 3 minutes on the local news every now and then until they found her. I know they cannot cover all cases but the Casey Anthony case is not any worse than any other child murder.
a baby got roasted alive 3 weeks ago.

why is casey anthony a daily headline and why didnt that kid who got roasted alive get national attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,506,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
a baby got roasted alive 3 weeks ago.

why is casey anthony a daily headline and why didnt that kid who got roasted alive get national attention?

OMG...I wish I hadn't read that

Old 07-05-2011, 01:49 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,681,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
New York on edge as police kill unarmed man in hail of 50 bullets on his wedding day

did people get outraged and was the media coverage of a unarmed man getting 50 bullets shot at him was as intense as the Casey one?...honestly ask yourself, how do you fire 50 shoots at a target that isn't even posing a threat to you?
Uh, this guy was at a strip club in New York city that was under investigation for prostitution on his wedding day. Then his friends get in an argument in front of the club. A police officer comes up and his friends are telling him just to drive away, so he hits the police officer with his car, which is usually considered a deadly weapon. There was a public outrage at this event from what I remember. You are comparing the innocence of a child to the guy at the strip club?

A dead child is considered evidence in my book and a mother that admits wrapping up, transporting and burying the body. What else do you need? Most people seem to get convicted if there is a dead body and you admit handling and hiding it. Imagine if Jeffrey Dahmer said the people died of accidents and that he was just hiding the bodies because he was scared. I'm not sure who would buy that.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:51 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Does this mean I can finally watch TV without seeing this skanks face on every "news" program?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
You got mud on your face, Nancy Grace....

Old 07-05-2011, 01:53 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,421,904 times
I was about to go off until i read TX runners post. This case was based mostly on emotion and not evidence. She seems like she is kind of whacko but that doesnt mean she killer her. If they couldnt prove that she did it then they dont have a case. I think the jury has to be unanimous (sp) here.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,936,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by src22 View Post
The jurors got it all wrong, she is very guilty in my book.
Did you sit through the entire trial? Did you have the benefit of the judge's instructions to the jury?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,341,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This girl has SERIOUS issues. After being proven to be both a serial liar and the mother of a murdered child, largely found guilty by a jury of her peers OUTSIDE of a courtroom, how can she ever approach a normal life?

Her party lifestyle is pretty much over, being a free woman is only the start of her problems. She won't be happy living in the shadows, she loves the limelight. At least she can be thankful she averted the long arm of the law. I predict a very unhappy life for this girl when she finally faces what she has done. Suicide watch.
well I hope she is pretty un-happy and no one who is normal kills their kid then goes to party later that night she is a whack job and all the lies she tells to cover things up.. like saying she has a job and taking the police to her work place to say she was fired along time ago.

the cops must of been a little pissed seeing as people in the community were out there hoping she was alive. but in reality casey was just stringing them along and wasting peoples time who were out there trying to find her daughter what a waste of resources and manpower that she sent on a goose chase.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM

7,531 posts, read 11,376,259 times
This will probably be her last and only kid. I can't see no guy having another baby with her.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,936,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
I was about to go off until i read TX runners post. This case was based mostly on emotion and not evidence. She seems like she is kind of whacko but that doesnt mean she killer her. If they couldnt prove that she did it then they dont have a case. I think the jury has to be unanimous (sp) here.
Exactly. It is not up to the defense to prove innocence, it is up to the State to prove guilt. They clearly failed to do that. The key word here is "prove". What one might believe is not relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies