Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,389,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What doubt?
Casper
Lack of physical evidence I would imagine. The majority means nothing in the courtroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM

20,184 posts, read 24,004,264 times
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.... Casey Anthony is already guilty, that much is obvious... just because you have idiot jurors doesn't mean anything... sometimes I wish more educated/wise people were jurors but its an imperfect system but the best system by far...

Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 PM

573 posts, read 976,755 times
Quote:
I disagree with 100% of your thoughts here.
Casper

Why?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:33 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,566,681 times
I agree with op.

On facebook, the very people I find most opposed to these opinions have to go to Drug Court twice a month for Drug related offenses and feel they should weigh in on another's right to reproduce. In short, *expletive deleted*.

I would prefer a justice system where if reasonable doubt or lack of evidence persists, you can be found not guilty.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,911,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
What also gets me is people who say "If she was black, she'd be convicted!" or use this as an argument against abortion or make some reference.

Sorry, people, but if there's no hard evidence, how in the blue blazing netheregions can you expect a conviction?
Yep. My [white] friend made a status about that and I had to call her out on it. Besides the media loving to make big deals out of things, the reason why this case went big was because of all of the lies in this crazy story.

But then, my friend is one of those people who will make fun of white culture in order to get minority acceptence, but never even barely EVERRR make a joke about anyone else's color/creed/oritentation/etc. Sigh, but that's a different thread, lol

Old 07-05-2011, 03:35 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,548,818 times
cripes

Old 07-05-2011, 03:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,087,147 times
Quote:
What doubt?
Casper
Sorry, but the evidence provided by the prosecution was circumstantial and never directly linked Casey to anything.

There was no hard proof that Casey did this murder.

And the jurors have to act upon the evidence, which is exactly why we got the verdict we did.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:40 PM

81 posts, read 204,101 times
I, for one of many, still have a great deal of faith in the justice system in the USA. This case has strengthened my belief in the system. It has also reaffirmed my growing anxiety towards the role media is evolving into.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:41 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,566,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
I agree with op.

On facebook, the very people I find most opposed to these opinions have to go to Drug Court twice a month for Drug related offenses and feel they should weigh in on another's right to reproduce. In short, *expletive deleted*.

I would prefer a justice system where if reasonable doubt or lack of evidence persists, you can be found not guilty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Sorry, but the evidence provided by the prosecution was circumstantial and never directly linked Casey to anything.

There was no hard proof that Casey did this murder.

And the jurors have to act upon the evidence, which is exactly why we got the verdict we did.

Sadly, this same person having to go to drug court posted on my wall that she hopes for my sake that I don't have any children. And she considers herself "intelligent" based on high school tests.

You can't make these idiots up.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,169,162 times
At the very least, the Prosecution shouldve had Negligent Homicide or something other than Capital Murder. She was the parent, and her daughter ended up dead, from what she claims was drowning. The prosecution shouldve had something else, charge wise. Maybe the didnt have all the evidence they needed for murder, but they certainly had enough to prove that this piece of trash's actions led to the death of her daughter in one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies