Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 512 times

Advertisements

i'm confused. republicans are anti-abortion, anti-birth control, but at a recent Republican fund-raising in Indiana a Doctor was auctioning free Vasecetomy's & donating the proceeds to the Republican's. It seems that women cannot use birth control & men can. will someone please explain this to me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Like someone said earlier: "my body, my choice, his wallet". At the end of the day, it's all about what she wants.

Woman doesn't want baby; aborts it = feminist's hero

Man doesn't want baby; walks away from it = deadbeat

SHE has the power over BOTH of your lives, just because it's HER body.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:01 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Like someone said earlier: "my body, my choice, his wallet". At the end of the day, it's all about what she wants.

Woman doesn't want baby; aborts it = feminist's hero

Man doesn't want baby; walks away from it = deadbeat

SHE has the power over BOTH of your lives, just because it's HER body.
I'm a woman and I agree with this 100%.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:25 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,790,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

So why do the males get no say?
They get the first say when they decide to charm their way into another's pants.

They get another say when they conveniently forget words of woo and a ring when she gives him the news.

If she's not giving him the news at all, it might have everything to do with how badly he treated her when he was done lying through his teeth. Or his violent streak. Or his drug addiction she found out too late. Or a whole litany of frightening behavior coming from him that kills her confidence. You don't think that's quite enough "say" coming out of him?

Some of them are very clever. They'll imply commitments and wait until late in the pregnancy, then turn ugly with lawyers to wrest custody the moment she delivers. Like a pack of rabid dogs tormenting her just because they can. Sadly, this is a true story that happened in the state of Virginia. Which would further explain their legislative abuse by politically assaulting womens clinics.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
They get the first say when they decide to charm their way into another's pants.

They get another say when they conveniently forget words of woo and a ring when she gives him the news.

If she's not giving him the news at all, it might have everything to do with how badly he treated her when he was done lying through his teeth. Or his violent streak. Or his drug addiction she found out too late. Or a whole litany of frightening behavior coming from him that kills her confidence. You don't think that's quite enough "say" coming out of him?

Some of them are very clever. They'll imply commitments and wait until late in the pregnancy, then turn ugly with lawyers to wrest custody the moment she delivers. Like a pack of rabid dogs tormenting her just because they can. Sadly, this is a true story that happened in the state of Virginia. Which would further explain their legislative abuse by politically assaulting womens clinics.

So is this case the norm?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:19 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,157,338 times
Quote:

Wow, that is really a sad view.

It should be pro-choice with the signature of both parents or court approval.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:52 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:

The 'ol damsel in distress bit, eh?

Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 AM

56 posts, read 45,323 times
I would sympathize if it was a man who desperately wanted children and he married a women with the intent of doing so and she got pregnant and blatantly aborted just to taunt him. Has that ever happened?

Otherwise they have all sorts of "say" by keeping it in their pants.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
When I hear the term "pro-choice", I'm thinking the term's really "pro-feminism" or "pro-women's rights".

Me, I'm pro-abortion for the man's sake because most men don't want kids. That's why I believe men should have a right whether he wants the thing aborted or not.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
When I hear the term "pro-choice", I'm thinking the term's really "pro-feminism" or "pro-women's rights".

Me, I'm pro-abortion for the man's sake because most men don't want kids. That's why I believe men should have a right whether he wants the thing aborted or not.
Vasectomy.

That's the answer right there -- then no baby gets killed, and the man doesn't have to pay child support to a woman he only wanted to have sex with but nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies