Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,080,222 times

Advertisements

I'd be willing to go through the pain and have an extensive operation so the vasectomy would never reverse itself.

If recanalization is a problem, why don't most men request to remove large portions of the vas then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,904,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Since you have never had sex and apparently have no experience with the court system I will just say if people "men" can not be bothered with taking time to know the person they are about to "do" and put on a condom what on Gods green earth makes you think they will sign and have notarized a document and file it with the court stating they will not be responsible for any resulting child.
Pretty funny how people keep using this logic and KEEP failing to realize that they are the one's letting the man unwrapped penis inside them. Just proves my point that people just spew feminist lines in regards so they seem well informed.

I'm pretty sure a lot of men will do that if it was available.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,113,014 times
OK......I have a question.

If and when a male birth control pill is put on the market.....how many men will take it?

Let's say the male pill will have the same possible side effects as the female pill.....for the sake of argument.
{mood swings, migraines, weight gain, blood clots, liver damage, etc.}

How many men here would take the male birth control pill?

I know.....city_data91 won't take it......because it won't be 100% perfect.

Last edited by Annie53; 06-16-2011 at 05:51 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 PM

18,485 posts, read 19,129,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
OK......I have a question.

If and when a male birth control pill is put on the market.....how many men will take it?

Let's say the male pill will have the same possible side effects as the female pill.....for the sake of argument.
{mood swings, migraines, weight gain, blood clots, liver damage, etc.}

How many men here would take the male birth control pill?

I know.....city_data91 won't take it......because it won't be 100% perfect.
nor does he need it..... being not sexually active or does he have any plans to be sexually active.... wasn't that what bristol palin thought

Old 06-16-2011, 07:21 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,500,065 times
There was a poster that said men would be too lazy to sign the document.

But if such a document exists and you don't sign the document then you end up paying for kids you never wanted, it's your own fault.

If such a document existed, I can assure you I would sign it.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:24 PM

37,195 posts, read 42,388,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There was a poster that said men would be too lazy to sign the document.

But if such a document exists and you don't sign the document then you end up paying for kids you never wanted, it's your own fault.

If such a document existed, I can assure you I would sign it.
You should write one up yourself. Have it notorized. Laminate it.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,500,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yes, vasectomies fail.....but it is VERY, VERY rare. If the man follows instructions and gets his semen tested regularly......vasectomy is nearly 100% effective.

Vasectomy Failure is Mostly Due to Ignorance

The fact that you so easily dismiss vasectomy as a viable answer to a man NEVER having to pay child support, just shows me that you really are not serious about this subject......you just want to argue.

Using your logic.....you should NEVER take advantage of ANY medical procedure........ just because there have been failures. Take no medication, have no surgery......because there is a failure rate. No heart meds, no heart surgery, no chemo, no insulin for diabetics and on and on.....because all of these things have cases that have failed.

Frankly, dismissing vasectomy on this basis is ridiculous and immature.

I am starting to think you are AFRAID of having the procedure done.....you are afraid of having your "business" cut. Period.

If a man is truly serious about never having children and never paying for an unwanted child......having a vasectomy is his absolute best line of defense.
I am serious about this subject. So serious that I'm staying celibate forever.

And your other examples are different. Think of it this way: If you need some type of medical procedure, you might as well get it. The medical procedure might fail. But if you don't get the medical procedure, you're going to stay miserable. So the medical procedure is worth the risk.

The examples of medical procedures you gave are examples of when someone is already miserable so they need a procedure.

But my decision of never having kids is different. My decision is preventing me from becoming miserable. I would be miserable if I had kids.

I admit I'm not cool with the idea of getting a vasectomy. But part of the reason is because it's not necessary. If there's an easier way, you might as well take the easier way. Staying celibate is the easier way for me.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 PM

399 posts, read 1,807,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Just curious...which side are you saying uses emotion over logic?
Let's approach this from a different angle. To see from this new angle we all need to take a few steps back and a few deep breaths. Now consider how very unlikely it is that any of life's bigger questions are ever answered, or even properly addressed, on an Internet forum. That's not what online discussions are for. It's simply the wrong medium. Disembodied knee-jerk posts make for very weak arguments. They too quickly become personal and unnecessarily argumentative. They bring out the jerk in ordinarily nice people, myself very much included.

Find your own answers on your own, in your own real life, and when you're bored maybe just for fun post that crap online to see what others say in response. But whatever you do, don't take any of it too seriously.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:15 PM

37,195 posts, read 42,388,331 times
Quote:
I am serious about this subject. So serious that I'm staying celibate forever.
Is this your biggest interest in life or are there others? Maybe you should talk about those because you can't fix this without therapy.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:25 PM

399 posts, read 1,807,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Is this your biggest interest in life or are there others? Maybe you should talk about those because you can't fix this without therapy.
If you genuinely believe the OP is suffering from certain psychological problems, why do you taunt him? Doesn't that seem excessively cruel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies