Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 03:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm never having sex.

But I think it's unfair that I need to choose a life of celibacy but a female that doesn't want a baby can have as much sex as she wants because she knows she can get an abortion.
Nobody said life was fair. I don't know why people keep harping on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Forcing a man to pay for a baby he doesn't want should be illegal...because???

How does one pay for a baby...do you mean support a baby?
Yes, I mean support a baby.

I agree with a woman's right to choose abortion if she doesn't want to support a baby.

But I think a male should be able to get out of supporting a baby too, even if the female keeps the baby.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:02 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody said life was fair. I don't know why people keep harping on that.
What if I told you that you had to stay celibate forever if you don't want a baby and my explanation was "life is unfair"?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Yeah and if this was me saying this to you...
I'm not the one chasing my tail on this one, so to speak.
I've never had an unwanted pregnancy, either.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
As a woman, I would be beyond afronted if I was forced to have a baby I didn't want - and by the same token, if I wanted to keep a a baby against the adament wishes of the baby's father, then I would do it on my own terms and absolve him from any further responsibility.

He would have to give up any right to the child at all whatsoever as a result, and would be forbidden any contact, even if said child became an all-star gazillion dollar earning NBA player, or the first female President of the USA.

Just as I don't want to be forced into a life altering situation, neither would I want to force someone else into it.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:26 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
If a man doesn't want to pay for his baby, he only appears bad because the baby actually exists.

But if a female doesn't want to pay for a baby, she can get an abortion and the baby will never exist. The man that walks out on his baby is no worse than the woman that gets an abortion.
well... we arent talking about women who have abortions. We are talking about you and your willingness to walk away from a baby you might father....

We have already established the inequity in the law. But in fact, any person male or female who will abandon their child....

Now I am not talking about those who legally give a child up for adoption, for these people I have ultimate respect.

But those who wont take responsibility... sub-human.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:28 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So dont have sex, ever.
See how easy that is once you stop obfuscating the issue?
... back to this....its a false argument...

How do you feel when pro-lifers tell you that women should not have sex as that keeps them from needing abortions...

Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
If a female doesn't want the responsibility/financial stress that goes along with parenthood, she can get an abortion and never look back. Even if the male wants to keep the baby, the female has the power to get an abortion.

So why do the males get no say? If a female can just walk away from the responsibility if she doesn't want a baby, a male should be able to do the same thing.

If the female wants to keep the baby but the male doesn't, the male gets stuck paying child support.

In both examples, one parent wants to keep the baby. So why does the male get stuck paying for a baby he doesn't want?

Of course the male can't get an abortion. But I don't think the male should need to pay child support for a baby he doesn't want.

Sure, you might be thinking "The male helped create the baby. If the female wants to keep it, the male should pay"

But it takes two to tango. Both parents played an equal role in creating the baby. So if the male can't force the female to pay, why should the female be able to force the male to pay?

By the way, I am pro-choice. I support abortion and I don't see anything wrong with a female getting an abortion if she doesn't want to pay for a baby. But if a male doesn't want to pay for a baby, he shouldn't need to either.
So what happens when the female gets pregnant, both male and female don't want the child, and abortion is illegal???, or neither of them can affored to pay for one???

Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
... back to this....its a false argument...

How do you feel when pro-lifers tell you that women should not have sex as that keeps them from needing abortions...
Let me ask you this; have you read the OPs posting history?
The post you quoted was aimed directly at him, not at anyone else on this forum.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:34 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
So what happens when the female gets pregnant, both male and female don't want the child, and abortion is illegal???, or neither of them can affored to pay for one???
we will then be back in the days of coat hanger and back alley abortions where women died. some children will be born only to be abandoned, some born to be raised with out much care or attention. only a small portion would be given up for adoption
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies