Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Yes, 100%. Two great additions to the SCOTUS and some excellent changes in the law under Obama. As bad as the GOP screwed up the health care bill, it was a move in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yes, 100%. Two great additions to the SCOTUS and some excellent changes in the law under Obama. As bad as the GOP screwed up the health care bill, it was a move in the right direction.
Two "great additions to the SCOTUS"???? FAR LEFT extremists can hardly be called "great additions" to anything but a freak show in a circus.

Another fan of Obamacare. Has someone told you that we have a $14.3 trillion debt and cannot afford the entitlements we have?

The left appears to completely ignore the fact that we are headed for default, hyperinflation, or currency devaluation and simply wants to keep spending into oblivion. That is the approach of a child who cannot face reality and chooses instead to simply ignore a problem until it explodes. Witness the proposed additional $1.6 trillion in debt for the the proposed Obama budget for 2012.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Don't forget we got a new war too...

Yee HAW!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama has turned out to be the BEST president of my lifetime !!!

He is EVERYTHING I could ever hope for in a president ... and then some!

I can not imagine anyone I would want in the White House more than Barack Obama!

I will vote for him again in a heartbeat!
Why?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I still support President Obama even though he has not removed us from the Petroleum Wars. That and his ill thought out health care plan were why I voted for him.

In the Libya situation I am amused by the UN, NATO and our assumption that Gadaffy (sarcastic spelling) and the military dependent upon him will ever give up no matter how much damage we do. The only way to resolve this conflict for the benefit of most of the Libyan people is to KILL Gadaffy, his family and his generals. Unfortunately most governments are willing to commit mass violence but completely unwilling to kill a few specific individuals. Too bad, the herd of world class despots needs some thinning. Starting with this man would be a good thing.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
debt, LOL, you might look back to reagun and everything he did in his 8 years. There were years that he raise the debt by as much as 15%, IN ONE YEAR. Obama's first budget raise debt by 6%. When you look at debt vs GDP we are better off today.

National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know it makes a great right wing talking point, but the debt is not the real problem today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Two "great additions to the SCOTUS"???? FAR LEFT extremists can hardly be called "great additions" to anything but a freak show in a circus.

Another fan of Obamacare. Has someone told you that we have a $14.3 trillion debt and cannot afford the entitlements we have?

The left appears to completely ignore the fact that we are headed for default, hyperinflation, or currency devaluation and simply wants to keep spending into oblivion. That is the approach of a child who cannot face reality and chooses instead to simply ignore a problem until it explodes. Witness the proposed additional $1.6 trillion in debt for the the proposed Obama budget for 2012.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The only way to resolve this conflict for the benefit of most of the Libyan people is to KILL Gadaffy, his family and his generals. Unfortunately most governments are willing to commit mass violence but completely unwilling to kill a few specific individuals. Too bad, the herd of world class despots needs some thinning. Starting with this man would be a good thing.

Kinda like we did in Iraq?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I still support President Obama even though he has not removed us from the Petroleum Wars. That and his ill thought out health care plan were why I voted for him.
So a new war,continuing the other two wars,supporting murderous regimes as allies,none of that matters?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It has NOTHING to do with the color of someone's skin!!!!!

It's about ability, experience, the willingness to listen, to admit wrong doings, a strong leader, to realize one's loyalty to his employees...not special interest groups...and most of all it's about character, which Obama doesn't have....he's not seasoned enough...and to me, he is just as arrogant as Bush was....I wish I would have voted for McCean...however, to me, he wasn't a good choice either...

It seems to me, that our Presidents mean nothing....and they surely aren't running this country....they I think, are puppets for the WTO. And so is our government

Quote:
It has NOTHING to do with the color of someone's skin!!!!!

I agree. Unfortunately there are people from certain demographics who don't.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Is anyone stupid enough to still be standing by Obama's side. He is no doubt one of if not the worst president in our history. He has turned out to not only be incompetent but also indecisive, hypocritical, and disloyal his supporters. In other words he is just like most presidents in recent times. how is that "Hope and Change " coming.
The irony here is President Obama's approval rating is higher than Ronald Reagan's and Bill Clinton's at the same stage in their presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies