Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,248,506 times

Advertisements

I still don't get how Liberals blame Republicans for being in the pocket of Big Business, but give Obama a pass for over $11.6 trillion in Big Business bailouts and "stimulus" government spending that didn't help the average American at all? Between massive government borrowing and explosive spending with nothing to show for it, taxes inevitably going up while social services must be cut, devaluing the dollars that workers are paid in, and both war-mongering and vacationing on a scale that makes even Bush look like a slacker, what exactly do Liberals think this guy has done RIGHT (except for having the "correct" skin color, that is)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM

532 posts, read 1,057,210 times
Romney/Rubio would be a strong ticket. It was a wise strategic move to put a "minority" on the 2008 GOP ticket, though not the specific individual, and it would be in 2012.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:46 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,210,331 times
The Bush administration took over a $236 billion budget surplus from Clinton in 2001 with a CBO projected $5.6 Trillion surplus over 10 years. The Obama administration took over a $1.2 trillion deficit from Bush with a CBO projected $3.1 Trillion deficit over ten years. THAT is what you guys did. don't blame Obama for the mess Bush left behind.

Anyone Still With Obama?-obama_budget_deficit.jpg

2009 was Bush's budget, note that how much it grew from the year before. Now note how little Obama's 2010 budget grew year over year, AND not that the 2011 proposed budget shrank year over year.

You have completely misplaced your anger, blame the past president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I fully understood the difference between debt and defcit. Perhaps you need some education. The debt is the accumulated, or summation, of deficits with interest. The deficit is the annual difference between revenues accumulated and government expenditures.

EVERY DEFICIT that has been registered in the past will have a greater impact on DEBT. That, unfortunately, is the grim reality of inflation. However, as tax payors and citizens, we recognize that the only issue that affects us is the GROSS DEFICIT and THE GROSS DEBT, as we live in the present, not the past.

The administration that contributed TEN TIMES the deficit of another in the past is the most offending party, as one cannot invent a time machine, go back in time, and demand fiscal responsibility for those administrations. We, however, in the present, CAN DEMAND fiscal responsibility. A complete neglect of this concept and the impending insolvency is an abrogation of the responsibility of elected officials- to preserve and maintain the union. In contrast to previous administrations, which were able to keep the debt as a low percentage of GDP, the current administration has set the nation on the course to disaster, ignoring fiscal reality in exchange for votes, thus dooming our nation, as we know it, to extinction.

Obama has a responsibility, which he has ignored, to deal with his current fiscal problem whcih jeopardizes the future of the nation. He has CHOSEN to ignore this threat, maintain insane levels of spending, thus securing the short term support of the dependent class, and as a result, doom the republic. In short, he is more concerned with HIMSELF, in the short term, than the nation, in the long term.

Liberals- wake up. You will be as much adversely affected as any conservative by this reckless fiscal policy. You will not benefit by economic and social chaos- only your handlers will achieve a potential benefit. Wake up!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
The Bush administration took over a $236 billion budget surplus from Clinton in 2001 with a CBO projected $5.6 Trillion surplus over 10 years. The Obama administration took over a $1.2 trillion deficit from Bush with a CBO projected $3.1 Trillion deficit over ten years. THAT is what you guys did. don't blame Obama for the mess Bush left behind.

Attachment 77554

2009 was Bush's budget, note that how much it grew from the year before. Now note how little Obama's 2010 budget grew year over year, AND not that the 2011 proposed budget shrank year over year.

You have completely misplaced your anger, blame the past president.
There was NEVER a Clinton surplus, NEVER. If a liberal idiot ever speaks that BS around me in person I'm going to slap them. There was no Clinton surplus, if never existed, it wasn't spent by anyone, Clinton left NO surplus.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I still don't get how Liberals blame Republicans for being in the pocket of Big Business, but give Obama a pass for over $11.6 trillion in Big Business bailouts and "stimulus" government spending that didn't help the average American at all? Between massive government borrowing and explosive spending with nothing to show for it, taxes inevitably going up while social services must be cut, devaluing the dollars that workers are paid in, and both war-mongering and vacationing on a scale that makes even Bush look like a slacker, what exactly do Liberals think this guy has done RIGHT (except for having the "correct" skin color, that is)?
As of Aug 23. 2010 Obama took 48 days off vacationing, during the same time Bush took 115 days off vacationing. Keep in mind 9-11 occurred during that time period, but that didn't deter Bush much.

As for the rest of your BS, based on the bogus vacation data you invented, I'll assume you invented everything else.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
As of Aug 23. 2010 Obama took 48 days off vacationing, during the same time Bush took 115 days off vacationing. Keep in mind 9-11 occurred during that time period, but that didn't deter Bush much.

As for the rest of your BS, based on the bogus vacation data you invented, I'll assume you invented everything else.
Bush wasn't on vacation during 9/11.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 PM

I know you wanta believe that but based on how the CBO calculates the budget there was surpluses. Check the chart I posted, I mean it was prepared by Heritage. They show positive number for 2000 and 2001. They would lie would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
There was NEVER a Clinton surplus, NEVER. If a liberal idiot ever speaks that BS around me in person I'm going to slap them. There was no Clinton surplus, if never existed, it wasn't spent by anyone, Clinton left NO surplus.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I know you wanta believe that but based on how the CBO calculates the budget there was surpluses. Check the chart I posted, I mean it was prepared by Heritage. They show positive number for 2000 and 2001. They would lie would they?
The CBO creates estimates based 100% on numbers given to them by the White House, there was NEVER a Clinton surplus. It's a myth that is pushed hard by ignorant liberals who can't count or read.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Bush wasn't on vacation during 9/11.
didn't say he was, said 9-11 occurred between his inauguration and Aug 23 of his second year (the comparable time cited for Obama)

Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
didn't say he was, said 9-11 occurred between his inauguration and Aug 23 of his second year (the comparable time cited for Obama)
And where's the proof of these vacation figures for each President? I know you're not just repeating some left wing talking points are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies