Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,317,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
27-47% is considered good? Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,412,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What are some equally important issues?
Supreme court appointments and all the issues associated with that (e.g. 4th amendment protection), the environment, economic policy, education/student loans, taxation, the Debt, federal reserve policy, foreign policy concerns outside of the middle east, entitlement programs, various other domestic federal government programs, military spending, job creation, federal funding for infrustructure, management of regulatory agencies and agency priorities etc.

Libya is an important issue, and I am against US meddling, but it is one of many things I consider when voting just like the Iraq war was only one issue of many when I was voting in 2004 and 2008.

All of these are hugely important. There are even more issues that effect my vote on the state and local level.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,212,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
27-47% is considered good? Hmm.
Good job deflecting and distorting. You should be proud.

FYI, that was 47% positive about the USA and 25% negative of respondents in more than 100 countries, about 2 to 1 of those that did answer...

That is better that any other major power and much better (about 14%) that during Bush II. Exactly what Bob said, more people love obama.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM

69 posts, read 200,264 times
Obama 2012 "shock the world" again! Lets go!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,212,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONLIGHTING View Post
Obama 2012 "shock the world" again! Lets go!
no shocker, I'm betting it will be a walk over... I think the GOP will be putting up another Bob Dole in 2012.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,990,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
World wide they don't know what we do here.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:32 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,950,788 times
It amazes me that irrespective of how poorly this president performs, he still has supporters (aka useful idiots) . What has he actually accomplished to date that is positive for this country? Absolutely nothing. He has even thrown his own supporters under the bus. Yet knowing this they still support him. I can respect someone that supports a basic ideology, but when you support it irrespective of the outcome and consequence to your country, I have to shake my head.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,032,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Is anyone stupid enough to still be standing by Obama's side. He is no doubt one of if not the worst president in our history. He has turned out to not only be incompetent but also indecisive, hypocritical, and disloyal his supporters. In other words he is just like most presidents in recent times. how is that "Hope and Change " coming.
He's the best hope that we have. I shudder to think what would happen if we handed the Presidency and congress over to the republicans. It would be the most anti-middle class regime in history. More of our jobs would go overseas as the politicians serve their corporate masters. Obama's not perfect, but he was handed the biggest financial mess since the Great Depression. Nobody should expect instant results.
I will cast my vote for Pres Obama again, unless Ron Paul or Huntsman are the candidates. Voting for anyone in Tex doesn't matter since it is so deeply Republican.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,350,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It amazes me that irrespective of how poorly this president performs, he still has supporters (aka useful idiots) . What has he actually accomplished to date that is positive for this country? Absolutely nothing. He has even thrown his own supporters under the bus. Yet knowing this they still support him. I can respect someone that supports a basic ideology, but when you support it irrespective of the outcome and consequence to your country, I have to shake my head.
It amazes me that irrespective of how bad the republican candidates are, there are some Americans (aka useful idiots) who will still insist that they will vote for anybody, rather than vote for Obama.

If the current slate of wackos and wing nuts is the best the republican party can do, then, yes, I will vote again for Pres. Obama.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM

30,145 posts, read 18,747,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama has turned out to be the BEST president of my lifetime !!!

He is EVERYTHING I could ever hope for in a president ... and then some!

I can not imagine anyone I would want in the White House more than Barack Obama!

I will vote for him again in a heartbeat!

Sarcasm has its place, and certainly you have discovered its purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies