Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Look in the link I provided for proof that someone else born in HI received their long-form birth certificate just recently...even though HI said they cannot do it.
did you see my post on why it isn't a birth certificate?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Even Ann Coulter is not behind Trump's 'birther crusade.<snip>
Nope the only one urging Trump on is Quitter Palin, you know the same Palin who publicly stated that the
birther issue is nothing but a distraction a few months ago....flip flop flip flop.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Nope the only one urging Trump on is Quitter Palin....
this actually surprised me. palin is saying that trump's "investigators" can find what her's and mccain's couldn't. she's basically inferring that her own campaign was incompetent.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
this actually surprised me. palin is saying that trump's "investigators" can find what her's and mccain's couldn't. she's basically inferring that her own campaign was incompetent.
Takes one to know one

Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
The stupidity out of the right wing camp it burns I tell ya!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:19 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Lucas Smith, the guy who presented a Kenyan birth certificate in which the hospital administrator misspelled his own name and had a Kenyan official with a Ghanaian last name, has submitted an affidavit to the DC Superior Court in the case of the woman who threw a fit when the House read the Constitution a few months back. It tells his story of how he obtained the Kenyan birth certificate.

I don't want to post excerpts from it here, because I want you guys to check it out. It's hilarious.

Exhibit THIRTY-SEVEN: Lucas Daniel Smith 04.10.2011 Declaration. Filed, 04.11.2011, in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. United States vs Theresa Cao.

Well, ok. Just one preview:

Quote:
I wanted to get her story but I wasn't prepared to trade my body for her account of Barack Hussein Obama's nativity story.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
The stupidity out of the right wing camp it burns I tell ya!
i'm always hesitant to turn this debate into a "left vs right" thing. when it does happen it becomes too easy to dismiss a point of view as tainted and the dialog goes nowhere.

what fascinates me is the confirmation bias, our ability to hear only what we want and tune out the rest. we all have it to varying degrees and it certainly comes into play when discussing politics. but the birthers have taken it to an inconceivable level. a good example of that was a few pages back on this thread. the birthers claimed it wasn't a conspiracy ( and ridiculed those who said it was )........ then immediately went on to describe a massive government conspiracy.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:46 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times
Quote:
i'm always hesitant to turn this debate into a "left vs right" thing. when it does happen it becomes too easy to dismiss a point of view as tainted and the dialog goes nowhere.

what fascinates me is the confirmation bias, our ability to hear only what we want and tune out the rest. we all have it to varying degrees and it certainly comes into play when discussing politics. but the birthers have taken it to an inconceivable level. a good example of that was a few pages back on this thread. the birthers claimed it wasn't a conspiracy ( and ridiculed those who said it was )........ then immediately went on to describe a massive government conspiracy.
You've also got the posters like highcotton who alternate between saying that a release of the long form birth certificate will end the whole thing with posts demanding the release of dozens of documents that no other president has ever publicly disclosed, and posts saying none of it matters because his father wasn't an American citizen. It's either just literally copypasta from one site to another, intellectual dishonesty, or extreme stupidity, or some combination of those three.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
They'd call jesus a liar and convert to islam!
Then the Birthers would hold a Tea Party rally while carrying signs saying that Jesus was a "Lyin' African"

Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Birther, schmirther, Donald Trump is no more running for President than I am, but it sure is fun when someone with a big mouth throws some gas onto the fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.