Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 05:25 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,504,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The point was what my husband, a BRIT, can get from an AMERICAN hospital. Read the post properly

Hawaii was NOT issuing this so-called type of birth certificate in 1964. Matter of fact, it is only a recent change which went into effect AFTER the election.

Whats your opinion about Obama's Kenyan grandmother and his half-brother? Are they both liars? Confused? Suffering Alzheimers?
After what election?? Bush/Gore?? Hawaii has been issuing the short forms since the 90's, and the records have been all digital and on computer since 2001.

As far as Obama's grandmother, it were the birther sites who reported on it that lied about what she said.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
The point was what my husband, a BRIT, can get from an AMERICAN hospital. Read the post properly

Hawaii was NOT issuing this so-called type of birth certificate in 1964. Matter of fact, it is only a recent change which went into effect AFTER the election.

Whats your opinion about Obama's Kenyan grandmother and his half-brother? Are they both liars? Confused? Suffering Alzheimers?
No, not after the election, about yr. 2000. What was happening in 1964?

The step-grandmother never said what the fake minister, who tried to take advantage of her, says she said. She said Obama was born in Hawaii. A quick listen to the transcript, which can be found in this thread, would verify that. The half-brother's statements have never even been found. That is also reported with a link on this thread.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:

And will the version your husband gets state he was born in the United States??

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,344 times
Hawaii does not provide the long form. If you ask for a certified copy of your birth certificate, you do not get a long form or short form option. They give you a certified copy.

Which is only a RECENT change. They can still provide a long form for official proof. A friend of mine, who lives and works in Hawaii managing properties, recently aquired a long form birth record for his 2 year old daughter.

2. If you take your British husband to the local hospital and request one, its going to say he was born in Britain, its not going to say he was born in the U.S

No, it is going to state that they are certifying in CALIFORNIA that he was born alive.

3. Obama's family did not put the announcement into the paper, it came from the DOH.

Yes, because the GRANDMOTHER reported the birth to them and listed HER address, which was falsifying just where this grandchild was living. Reporting it triggered automatic mention in the newspaper.

After 29 years of genealogical and historical research the one thing you have seemed to have forgotten about or not researched enough is this little pesky thing called the law.

And someone who obviously DOESN'T have 29 years experience in genealogical and historical research seems a little naive when it comes to people breaking or ignoring laws. Seems to me that Obama's family were setting things upo nicely for him to be brought into the United States without going through the normal LEGAL channels.

Last edited by Cyanna; 04-10-2011 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,828,557 times
Politifact has released a page debunking all the Trump and other birther garbage:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...h-certificate/

Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Hawaii does not provide the long form. If you ask for a certified copy of your birth certificate, you do not get a long form or short form option. They give you a certified copy.

Which is only a RECENT change. They can still provide a long form for official proof. A friend of mine, who lives and works in Hawaii managing properties, recently aquired a long form birth record for his 2 year old daughter.

2. If you take your British husband to the local hospital and request one, its going to say he was born in Britain, its not going to say he was born in the U.S

No, it is going to state that they are certifying in CALIFORNIA that he was born alive.

3. Obama's family did not put the announcement into the paper, it came from the DOH.

Yes, because the GRANDMOTHER reported the birth to them and listed HER address, which was falsifying just where this grandchild was living. Reporting it triggered automatic mention in the newspaper.

After 29 years of genealogical and historical research the one thing you have seemed to have forgotten about or not researched enough is this little pesky thing called the law.

And someone who obviously DOESN'T have 29 years experience in genealogical and historical research seems a little naive when it comes to people breaking or ignoring laws.
After 40 years in nursing, much of it in public health, obstetrics and pediatrics (hey if you can flaunt your stuff, so can I), I can tell you this:

Back in the 70s when I first started working, the local papers called the hospital postpartum floors and asked for the births. When my kids were born in the 80s, this is apparently what happened, b/c the births appeared in the local paper. Now, 40 years later, you have to give permission for them to do this.

Hawaii says they do not issue long forms. Have you seen your friend's daughter's BC?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:

And someone who obviously DOESN'T have 29 years experience in genealogical and historical research seems a little naive when it comes to people breaking or ignoring laws. Seems to me that Obama's family were setting things upo nicely for him to be brought into the United States without going through the normal LEGAL channels.

No its not a recent change, the change was made years ago. The records went to digital back in 2001, again nothing recent.

You can't get a long form Hawaii, at least not a legally certified copy of it, they do not offer it period.

Your husband's information, while it may verify in California that he was born alive, it will NOT STATE HE WAS BORN in CALIFORNIA.

More lies about the falsified address garbage....

Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
are you saying that your british husband can get a california COLB that states he was born in california?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,856,326 times
Quote:
I'm an American who had to PROVE my right to come back to the United States to live. Part of this proof included providing a long form birth record. Its the standard accepted form, as opposed to a short form. So what is the problem with him showing it?

Regarding the Certificate of Live Birth...I can take my BRITISH husband to the local hospital and request one for him, regardless of the fact that he was born in England. I can even send an announcement of my latest grandchild's birth to the local newspaper, even though she was born in Arizona. After 29 years of genealogical and historical research I am pretty well experienced in these methods
I am a Brit who lives in the USA and their is NO WAY that a Hospital or anyone else, for that matter, will give me a Birth Certificate showing that i was born in the USA.
ANYONE who comes the USA has to show their passport before entering.
My wife lived in the UK for 8 years and on her return she did NOT have to show her birth certificate..... her passport was proof enough.
The DOH issued the announcement NOT Obama's family.
I'm sure that when Obama entered the Election to become President his birth certificate was asked for and decided upon by the proper official body before he was allowed to run for POTUS.
This really is a NON ISSUE being used to stir up the emmotions of the ignorant.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
so you're suggesting that the hawaiian DOH registered the birth of a child based solely on one person's word and no other evidence of any birth having took place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.