Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,223,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
First off, Obama was born in Hawaii, making this argument irrelevant.

Secondly, the law (at the time, not now) said regarding a child born abroad: if only one parent was a US citizen, that parent had to have lived in the US for 5 years after the age of 14 for the child to be a US citizen.

5 years? ann was 18 when pbo was born. that does not equal 5 years in anyones book.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,886 times
I haven't read through all 149 pages so forgive me if this has already been posted.

Written by Michael Smerconish, DEFINITELY A REPUBLICAN:

Quote:
Every time I hear Donald Trump talk about President Obama's birth certificate, I think of O.J. Simpson.

The conspiracy theory invented by Simpson's defenders was every bit as loopy as the fantasies concerning Obama. Remember the O.J. defense ruse?

Years before the murder, conspirators would have had to incite Simpson to commit domestic abuse, laying a foundation for a future motive.

Several weeks before the murder, an O.J. doppelganger would have purchased a knife exactly like the weapon used in the slayings.

The night of the murder, someone would have to take the eyeglasses of Nicole Brown Simpson's mother, providing the reason for Ron Goldman's presence.

And Brentwood resident Jill Shively would have to be falsely convinced that she had seen O.J.'s Bronco speeding away from Nicole's house.

The first police responder would have to know to call Mark Fuhrman, so he could discreetly get blood from the crime scene while also picking up one of the real murderer's gloves.

Then Fuhrman would've needed to head over to Simpson's to sprinkle blood on the driveway, in the white Ford Bronco, and on Simpson's socks somewhere inside the house. He would also need to deposit the bloody glove behind Kato Kaelin's apartment.

Then, four days after the murder, after O.J. serendipitously cut his hand and volunteered an incriminating statement to police, one of the conspirators would have had to put cash and a disguise in the Bronco, and programmed the vehicle to drive toward Mexico with O.J. inside.

I don't know why prosecutor Marcia Clark's summation did not more cogently articulate the absurdity of this defense. I'm also not sure it would have made any difference. Perhaps the same is true of any birth-certificate analysis, but consider nevertheless what's needed to hold this conspiracy together:

The plot would need to span five decades.

It begins with the future president's birth in Kenya eight months after his parents had gotten married in Maui. (Why, I wonder, didn't their handlers simply ask mom and dad to stay in Hawaii for a couple of months?) Instead, having been born in Kenya for no purpose other than to complicate what would have been a rather straightforward plan to take over the world, the boy was quickly shuttled back to Hawaii, where the boy's grandparents resided. (The plan also called for Obama's grandfather to fight with Patton so as to enhance the future commander-in-chief's military credentials.)

Then, the plotters planted a bogus notice in the Aug. 13, 1961, issue of the Honolulu Advertiser, announcing the birth of Barack Obama on Aug. 4, 1961. This trail of official records and newspaper accounts would provide the necessary cover for the child's madrassa training, as he was ushered to Indonesia (or, according to Mike Huckabee, to either Kenya or Indonesia), where he would be schooled in the lessons of the Mau Mau Revolution until such time as he could resume his American mission.

That mission included getting accepted to Harvard Law School, and eventually publishing a best-selling book about (of all things!) his ancestry. And it explains why, on Page 26 of the memoir, Dreams From My Father, there is the suspicious passage: "I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school."

Knowing that the young-Kenyan/Indonesian/Hawaiian candidate would begin his quest for the presidency, the conspirators enlisted two more participants in their nefarious scheme: Hawaii's health director, Chiyome Fukino (a Republican appointed by Republican Gov. Linda Lingle), and its state registrar, Alvin Onaka. Both would personally verify that the health department holds the president's original birth certificate.

Jess Henig and Joe Miller would be planted into the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, where they would declare in 2008 that they had "seen, touched, examined, and photographed the original birth certificate" and that it "meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship."

The conspiracy would include spies within the GOP who would guarantee that the 2008 Republican nominee would be born outside the United States, and understandably be unwilling to make "natural born" citizenship an issue.

The final assist would be provided by two surprise co-conspirators, President George W. Bush and Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, who would preside over an eleventh-hour financial meltdown. The economy in ruins, the desperate nation would welcome this strange outsider.

Mission accomplished.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,921,153 times
[quote=Arus;18350250]

the very law that protects your privacy from who knows who gets to see your school records are the same laws that PROTECT him and his records.

quote]

Otherwise known as FERPA.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,946,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
5 years? ann was 18 when pbo was born. that does not equal 5 years in anyones book.
No, it doesn't. I was trying to explain the law. You guys are impossible; you don't even try to understand.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,208,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, it doesn't. I was trying to explain the law. You guys are impossible; you don't even try to understand.
There is no question that the son of an american woman would have been granted citizenship even if he were born elsewhere, there would be no reason for some grand plan involving fake birth announcements, and fraud against the dept. of health.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,489,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We want to see the REAL deal, the original.
we know that eisenhower and reagan never had an "original".

Old 04-09-2011, 09:49 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
NOT what people are looking for. For the millionth time, that is just a computer generated copy created by the state. We want to see the REAL deal, the original.
What you're seeing is an official Hawaii document, with an embossed seal and confirmed by the relevant authorities as being legit, matching the records on file. Which means it comes with full faith and credit. Birthplace: Honolulu.

There's no convincing conspiracy theorists - their need to feel in possession of privileged information far overshadows their capability to judge data. Trump, of course, will say anything to get in the media.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
There is no question that the son of an american woman would have been granted citizenship even if he were born elsewhere, there would be no reason for some grand plan involving fake birth announcements, and fraud against the dept. of health.
A good point. Obama would have been naturalized as a matter of course - there's just one office, that of President, that a naturalized citizen can't seek. Apparently Stanley Ann Dunham was really thinking ahead.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,565,115 times
At least Marco Rubio has common sense on this birther nonsense

YouTube - Matt Lewis with Marco Rubio: Donald Trump and Obama's Birth Certificate?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM

132 posts, read 159,768 times
here is a neat little summary of why Trump should be fired:

Donald, You’re Fired! | FactCheck.org

Quote:
He claims the president’s grandmother says Obama was born in Kenya. In fact, the recording to which he refers shows Sarah Obama repeatedly saying through a translator: "He was born in America."

He claims that no hospital in Hawaii has a record of Obama’s birth. Hospital records are confidential under federal law, but Honolulu’s Kapi’olani Medical Center has published a letter from Obama calling it "the place of my birth," thus publicly confirming it as his birthplace.

He insists that the official "Certification of Live Birth" that Obama produced in 2008 is "not a birth certificate." That’s wrong. The U.S. Department of State uses "birth certificate" as a generic term to include the official Hawaii document, which satisfies legal requirements for proving citizenship and obtaining a passport.

He claims that there’s no signature or certification number on the document released by Obama. Wrong again. Photos of the document, which we posted in 2008, clearly show those details.

He says newspaper announcements of Obama’s birth that appeared in Hawaii newspapers in 1961 "probably" were placed there fraudulently by his now-deceased American grandparents. Actually, a state health department official and a former managing editor of one of the newspapers said the information came straight from the state health department.

He claims "nobody knew" Obama when he was growing up and "nobody ever comes forward" who knew him as a child. "If I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten," Trump said. Well, two retired kindergarten teachers in a 2009 news story fondly recall teaching a young Barack Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies