Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 04:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Why is it that whenever someone disagrees with Obama and his policies, are of a different political party, are active in a movement they believe in or they have HONEST doubts about something, people like you have to resort to grade school behavior by labelling with silly, childish names, like "birthers" or "teabaggers?" Can it simply not be that they are decent AMERICAN people like yourself who just have a different viewpoint than you do and they are exercising their AMERICAN rights to voice their differing opinions?

This is the Legacy that Obama and his supporters are leaving - resorting to immature name calling.
Where a person was born is not a matter of opinion. The state of Hawaii has verified his birth record. This elaborate conspiracy theory is as dumb as the day is long. See this, not that it will satify any birther I'm not ashamed to use this word.

Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:56 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where a person was born is not a matter of opinion. The state of Hawaii has verified his birth record. This elaborate conspiracy theory is as dumb as the day is long. See this, not that it will satify any birther I'm not ashamed to use this word.

Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

As the top Hawaiian official in charge of state health records in 2008, when the issue of Obama's birth first arose, Fukino said she thought she had put the matter to rest. Contacted by NBC, Fukino expanded on previous public statements and made two key points when asked about Trump's recent comments.

The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice.
Actually the question is the honesty of Hawaiian officials. This is something Trump will be investigating.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:

And she hits it right on the nose when it comes to birthers:

Quote:
No matter what state officials release on the issue, the "birthers" are going to question it, said Fukino. "They’re going to question the ink on which it was written or say it was fabricated," said Fukino. "The whole thing is silly."
Which is why, anyone who placates to these morons, will never satisfy them.

Obama is right to keep mum on this. he doesn't have to provide anything that no president before him has done before.

Birthers are doing a very good job on their own, proving yet again that Conspiracy theories, and those ascribe to them, do more harm than good.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Actually the question is the honesty of Hawaiian officials. This is something Trump will be investigating.
OH, for G*d's sake! And after he polygraphs them, and they pass, then what? What's the next fallback scenario?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:09 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
I'm an American who had to PROVE my right to come back to the United States to live. Part of this proof included providing a long form birth record. Its the standard accepted form, as opposed to a short form. So what is the problem with him showing it?

Regarding the Certificate of Live Birth...I can take my BRITISH husband to the local hospital and request one for him, regardless of the fact that he was born in England. I can even send an announcement of my latest grandchild's birth to the local newspaper, even though she was born in Arizona. After 29 years of genealogical and historical research I am pretty well experienced in these methods

Old 04-10-2011, 05:11 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,044 times
Quote:

I can't tell if you believers are gloating because you think you have everything locked up and an answer for everything or, are all of you just a little worried that something was overlooked and you have to keep rehashing it to reinforce your sense of safety.

I see nothing left to debate unless or until Trump finds something new that you all are hoping he does not find.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I can't tell if you believers are gloating because you think you have everything locked up and an answer for everything or, are all of you just a little worried that something was overlooked and you have to keep rehashing it to reinforce your sense of safety.

I see nothing left to debate unless or until Trump finds something new that you all are hoping he does not find.
Wow, talk about deflection! Who starts all these "birther" threads? Who started this one?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I'm an American who had to PROVE my right to come back to the United States to live. Part of this proof included providing a long form birth record. Its the standard accepted form, as opposed to a short form. So what is the problem with him showing it?

Regarding the Certificate of Live Birth...I can take my BRITISH husband to the local hospital and request one for him, regardless of the fact that he was born in England. I can even send an announcement of my latest grandchild's birth to the local newspaper, even though she was born in Arizona. After 29 years of genealogical and historical research I am pretty well experienced in these methods
As you should be well aware, with all your geneaology expertise, each state issues its own BC, and that is what Hawaii issues. Who cares what your husband can get from the Brits?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:20 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:

1. Hawaii does not provide the long form. If you ask for a certified copy of your birth certificate, you do not get a long form or short form option. They give you a certified copy.

2. If you take your British husband to the local hospital and request one, its going to say he was born in Britain, its not going to say he was born in the U.S

3. Obama's family did not put the announcement into the paper, it came from the DOH.

After 29 years of genealogical and historical research the one thing you have seemed to have forgotten about or not researched enough is this little pesky thing called the law.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:20 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
Quote:
As you should be well aware, with all your geneaology expertise, each state issues its own BC, and that is what Hawaii issues. Who cares what your husband can get from the Brits?
The point was what my husband, a BRIT, can get from an AMERICAN hospital. Read the post properly

Hawaii was NOT issuing this so-called type of birth certificate in 1964. Matter of fact, it is only a recent change which went into effect AFTER the election.

Whats your opinion about Obama's Kenyan grandmother and his half-brother? Are they both liars? Confused? Suffering Alzheimers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies