Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 07:51 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,758,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
don't need to because I'm not living in your birther fantasy land, I believe Obama was born in Hawaii. The two birth notices are all I need to dismiss all this nonsense. have fun and enjoy, but corsi's 15 min's passed with the swift boating of kerry....
Then, he was very successful in those "15 minutes", it seems to me.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:00 PM

22,263 posts, read 19,577,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Where's that long-form hospital generated one with the doctor's signature?

Personally, I'm satisfied by the birth announcements in the two Hawaiian newspapers which O'Reily uncovered. Other people would like to see the real document, and that's their prerogative.

The Founders didn't have birth certificates to my knowledge, so proof of one's place of birth must have been accomplished through other means. Perhaps we should revisit the matter and amend the Constitution to require presidential candidates produce proof of US birth when they announce.

Hawaii does not release the long form, nor do many other states (including here in NY). Obama's birth certificate is the type Hawaii releases, it has been certified by the state and meets all U.S state department requirements.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 PM

22,263 posts, read 19,577,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
How about you naysayers read the book. Even if it provides the proof needed to identify that Obama is not eligible to hold the office of the presidency, you'd still deny it and refute the claims, given your ideological views.
The fact he has released a state certified birth certificate, verified by the state of Hawaii and that it meets all U.S state dept requirements shows he was born here.

You go off posting links to books from a White Power radio show host, well then its quite obvious why you don't think he is eligible.....

Old 04-21-2011, 08:07 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,219,755 times
if i was sitting on the SCOTUS and the question was before me, the two contemporaneous newspaper birth notices would control, nothing else. LOL That is how lame this whole birther thing is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The fact he has released a state certified birth certificate, verified by the state of Hawaii and that it meets all U.S state dept requirements shows he was born here.

You go off posting links to books from a White Power radio show host, well then its quite obvious why you don't think he is eligible.....

Old 04-21-2011, 08:10 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,219,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Where's that long-form hospital generated one with the doctor's signature?

Personally, I'm satisfied by the birth announcements in the two Hawaiian newspapers which O'Reily uncovered. Other people would like to see the real document, and that's their prerogative.
NO, that is NOT their prerogative. they don't have a right to see any more than they have seen already. time to move on dude
Quote:

The Founders didn't have birth certificates to my knowledge, so proof of one's place of birth must have been accomplished through other means. Perhaps we should revisit the matter and amend the Constitution to require presidential candidates produce proof of US birth when they announce.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,076,631 times
A really great, shiny new poll out today.

Poll: One in four Americans think Obama was not born in U.S. - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
While 25 percent of all Americans in this new poll say Mr. Obama was born outside the U.S., 57 percent correctly said he was born in the United States. Another 18 percent said they did not know where he was born.
Get this? 43% think obama was not born in the US/don't know where he was born. That number will only rise as the issue stays in play.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,199,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Poll: One in four Americans think Obama was not born in U.S. - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Get this? 43% think obama was not born in the US/don't know where he was born. That number will only rise as the issue stays in play.
Well, and that's just how this issue should be decided, NOT! We don't decide where someone was born based on an opinon poll.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,321,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

We have a lot of stupid people in this country, and this poll proves it.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,498,719 times
Trump is the ONLY politician (yes, Trump is now considered a politician) that has the moral fiber and grit to address the eligibility issue. ALL the other politicians are spineless and believe it best for the political future not to question the issue. I'll take the person that says what he thinks, and does what he says, anyday over someone that makes decisions based on their personal political future.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,076,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, and that's just how this issue should be decided, NOT! We don't decide where someone was born based on an opinon poll.
I know one person who can put the issue to rest, but so far, he won't do what a large percentage of the population wants.

See, obama thinks that letting the "question" fester among the populace will be good for him politically, but that strategy has backfired. As time wears on, more and more people question his eligibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies