Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You have anger issues, calm down.
You are providing documentation for citizenship - I am talking about NATURAL BORN CITIZEN. Two different things.
I'm not angry at all. I just find it hilarious that you run away from facts as you have done so and are now making up bull to support your claims.

There are only 2 (two) types of citizens in the US (there is no third option like you are suggesting);
1) Citizen by birth = Natural/Native Born
2) Became a citizen on your own accord = Naturalized.

There is no "special" case in citizenship. You are either born a citizen, or you became one through naturalization.

Since Obama didn't go through naturalization and by virtue of being born on US soil, he is a citizen by birth. And 200 years of CASE law, supported by the 14th Amendment of our Constitution, Obama is a natural born citizen.

There is no other type of citizen.

Birthers are making it up and you are spreading their lies.

Quote:
As I have said before, this issue needs to be defined by the Supreme Court, as to the intent of the founders when they wrote the following;
their intent is quite clear when they used Blackstone to support many of their ideas. Blackstone followed the English Common Law for establishing citizenship in the US.

That is why the 14th Amendment didn't need any more clarification when it was ratified, because it was understood that if you were born on US soil, you were a natural born. There are over a hundred cases that use Blackstone and the findings of Wong Kim Ark about who is a native born/natural born citizen, by the Supreme court as well as lower courts.

Since you haven't read the links provide, i suggest that you read it again
United States Code: Title 8,1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth | LII / Legal Information Institute

You quote the Constitution, yet you show you know nothing of its history or US History in general.

BTW, you have again skipped over this question:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post18804710

Care to comment why you are using a statute passed in 1982 to support your claims?
Why did you run away when it was shown you were patently wrong about a statute?

More on Blackstone:
http://www.blackstoneinstitute.org/s...lackstone.html
http://www.history1700s.com/articles/article1121.shtml
http://books.google.com/books?id=5Kd...tution&f=false
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ldg...page&q&f=false

Old 04-21-2011, 02:59 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
I'm reading now for the first time that the Hawaiian Democratic Party never Certified Obama's eligibility and Pelosi signed it.
Also that the Hawaiian copy is the only Certification by the DNC that has legal language of his eligibility under the Constitution to serve and this is left off of all other States copy in their records.

Anyone here study this any?
I had never heard it before tonight.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:15 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
that is just another bull crap claim by birthers. they base their opinion on a letter that didn't say exact word for word of past candidates. Unfortunately for them, it doesn't need to be exactly the same each time they certify a candidate (there is no rule in the US Constitution that a political party must certify a candidate - its only procedural)

Old 04-21-2011, 03:22 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
My reference to the Constitution is that the Certification states, "...and is eligible to serve under the Constitution", not what the Constitution itself says.

My interest lies in whether or not the HDP refused to certify as Pelosi signature certifying should be based on that it was certified before hand.
If it were not her signature would be fraudulent.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
My reference to the Constitution is that the Certification states, "...and is eligible to serve under the Constitution", not what the Constitution itself says.

My interest lies in whether or not the HDP refused to certify as Pelosi signature certifying should be based on that it was certified before hand.
If it were not her signature would be fraudulent.
Its made up bs, the HDP didn't refuse to certify, the state has certified and verified the birth certificate, so why would the HDP refuse to certify it? The birthers just decided to make up a bunch of s*** as they have done about everything else.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
For inquiring minds that like to know...

DRUDGE: BOOK TO REVEAL OBAMA'S TRUE IDENTITY?

Advance orders hit #1 on Amazon.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
The dispute is not only over the birth places (soil) but about the foreign citizenship of the father,...

the citizenship of obama's father was well known long before he announced his candidacy.

...the foreign citizenship of the stepfather,...

lolo soetoro's citizenship had no affect on obama's. the president wasn't eligible for indonesian citizenship nor was he old enough to renounce his US citizenship.

...and the age of the US minor mother, being too young to confer her US citizenship to her son.

that would only apply at the time if obama had been born outside the US. there has never been an age restriction for citizenship for those born within the US

That is the dispute.

can you dispute any of my points above?

In the Certification of Live Birth, the father is not born an American Citizen”, but an Alien, that only confers his foreign citizenship to his son.

that's just straight up wrong. no such such law exists.any child born in the US is a citizen regardless of parents citizenship with the exception of children born to diplomats or invading army .

At best, he is a dual citizen - which is not a Natural Born Citizen.

there has yet to be a single congressman ( current or former ), constitutional scholar, law professor or judge that has agreed with this definition. again, the nationality and citizenship of obama's father was well known to all in government and the voting population long before the election.
do you have counter arguements to these points?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I wonder what The Donald's opinion is about the fact that former governor Sarah Palin did not give birth to Trig? It's true. Trig is Bristol's child. Ms. Palin acted like she was pregnant in order to protect her daughter's reputation.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
The dispute is not only over the birth places (soil) but about the foreign citizenship of the father, the foreign citizenship of the stepfather, and the age of the US minor mother, being too young to confer her US citizenship to her son. That is the dispute.
In the Certification of Live Birth, the father is not born an American Citizen”, but an Alien, that only confers his foreign citizenship to his son. At best, he is a dual citizen - which is not a Natural Born Citizen.
Foreign citizenship of the father: irrelevant.

Foreign citizenship of the step-father: ditto.

Age of the US minor mother has nothing to do with it since he was born in the US.

Your second to last sentence is not backe up by US law.

Obama has acknowledged that he was a dual citizen until age 23, in other words, until 1984. That was 27 years ago. Comparing "dual citizen" to Natural Born Citizen" is apples to apples. It is certainly possible to be both.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
For inquiring minds that like to know...

DRUDGE: BOOK TO REVEAL OBAMA'S TRUE IDENTITY?

Advance orders hit #1 on Amazon.
And the liberals think only a small number of people care about this issue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies