Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 11:27 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Wow, arguing that payments by a political campaign to a law firm means that every single cent of it was spent on birther suits is one of the more ridiculous things I've heard lately. Obama's presidential campaign was a massive operation in all 57 states (). There were hundreds of millions of dollars raised. The campaign had to coordinate office spaces, wages for employees, ensure compliance with 50 states' election laws, and many other issues that come up in a major national campaign. Taking a million dollars paid to a law firm and assuming it was all (or even mostly, or even more than a tiny bit) spent fighting birther suits just doesn't make sense if you think about it for even half a second. On the other hand, if birthers thought about it for more than half a second they would realize how completely devoid of sense their entire position is.

It's like you saw a receipt for $100 from McDonalds, and assume, without seeing a breakdown of how it was spent, that somebody spent $100 on McFlurries.

Estimated by whom? On what basis? You're going to need something better than "a campaign spent money on lawyers," to be even close to convincing.
Why would he spend even $1 to hide it?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:28 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Quote:
17, Not one name of any student who knows Obama attendant Columbia released or known.
False.

Alumni Corner | Columbia College Today
Barack Obama ’83, My Columbia College Roommate (with photos)
By Phil Boerner
I was Barack Obama ’83’s roommate at Columbia College in fall 1981. I met him in 1979, when we were freshmen at Occidental College (Oxy) in Los Angeles and our dorm rooms were directly opposite each other.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
So much bull, so little time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
2, Obama’s certificate of live birth (short form-COLB), a proven forgery released.

Proven by whom? Ron "never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like" Polland?

Quote:
3, In 1961 no computers then to photo-shop or produce Obama’s fraudulent COLB document, in fact the font (type) is computer created, no typewriter had that capability in 1961, fact.
The COLB was created in 2007. Nobody has ever disputed that.

Quote:
4, This is Obama’s Kenyan Birth Certificate dated Aug. 4, 1961= (in question) Is this really smoking gun of Obama's Kenyan birth?
Is that one in your WND the smoking gun? Nope. Orly and the rest of the birthers got pranked.

The Birthers Got "Punk'd" With Fake Certificate | TPMDC

Quote:
12, Obama’s passport from Indonesia, he had to have one to attend school in Indonesia. Not released.
Please cite the Indonesian law that requires one to have an Indonesian passport to attend school in Indonesia.

Quote:
13, Obama’s U.S. Passport, if one exists. Not released.
False.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtUkeVHfj5w

See 1:45.

Quote:
14, Obama entered Pakistan on what countries passport. Not released.
His US passport of course. What reason do you have to believe otherwise?

Quote:
17, Not one name of any student who knows Obama attendant Columbia released or known.
False. Barack Obama - WikiCU, the Columbia University wiki encyclopedia

Quote:
19, Obama’s Harvard Law Review articles, none released.
False. Exclusive: Obama's lost law review article - Ben Smith and Jeffrey Ressner - POLITICO.com

Quote:
26, Obama’s University of Chicago scholarly articles, none released or exist?
It is not at all unusual for an adjunct professor, as Obama was, not to write academic articles. His full time job most of that time was as a state senator, not a professor.

Quote:
31, Obama never repatriated to the U.S. from his Indonesia citizenship, if documented. Not released.
32, The U.S. Constitution states you CAN NOT be president if you change your U.S. citizenship and are repatriated and you have to be just to become a U.S. citizen again.
You have not established that Obama ever gained Indonesian citizenship.

Quote:
33, On January 21, 2009, his first day in office, Barack Obama implemented and signed into law Executive Order 13489, denying any release of anything about him.
EO 13489 mirrors similar orders signed by Reagan, Clinton and Bush, and apply to presidential records. A birth certificate and most everything else you put down are not presidential records.

Really, whichever blog you got this from is wildly inaccurate, and even spreading complete hoaxes as though they were facts. Please stop spreading birther lies.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Did anybody else catch this here?

"I went to the best college and I was a great student, and it is inconceivable to my brain that no doctor, no nurse, nobody has stepped forward to verify the birth, other than the governor. He remembers? The governor? A birth 50 years ago? Come on. He’s taking a bullet for his party."

First he's asking why doesn't anybody remember. Then when confronted with somebody who does remember he's like "that was 50 years ago! He couldn't remember that!"

Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Why would he spend even $1 to hide it?
There has not been a single birther suit to date that would have been satisfied with the release of any documents. Every single birther suit to date has had alternate and backup theories, ranging from Obama supposedly losing citizenship in Indonesia, to going to Pakistan when it was supposedly forbidden for Americans to go there (completely false), to being ineligible due to having an alien parent.

Why fight a suit that has presupposed Obama's ineligibility? Because they're full of crap, because getting a dismissal is always easier than going through discovery, because no document release would end a single birther suit, because you don't kowtow to racist-based conspiracy theories, because birthers make the rest of the GOP look like idiots (see how silly Trump has come off in just the past couple days!).

But I'll repeat the question I gave you the first time. Who has estimated that Obama has spent $3 million fighting birther suits, and what facts do they use to justify that estimation? I hope it's better than your "his campaign spent money on lawyers!" junk that was nothing more than copypasta from a dozen other birther sites, each one with less of a grasp of reality than the last.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 AM

89,024 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I don't think you're following. The funny bit isn't that Trump can locate his old paperwork. The funny bit is that he or whatever flunky found the hospital "certificate" spoke as an authority on public documents when in fact they didn't know the difference between a souvenir and an official certificate.

I know, subtle.
For the s-l-o-w thinkers...

The way Trump played this brilliantly highlights Obama's lack of both a hospital BC and a long form BC.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
1, Obama’s original vault copy of a long form birth certificate, if one exists. Not released.
2, Obama’s certificate of live birth (short form-COLB), a proven forgery released.
3, In 1961 no computers then to photo-shop or produce Obama’s fraudulent COLB document, in fact the font (type) is computer created, no typewriter had that capability in 1961, fact.
4, This is Obama’s Kenyan Birth Certificate dated Aug. 4, 1961= (in question) Is this really smoking gun of Obama's Kenyan birth?
5, Dunham-Obama marriage license. Not released.
6, Dunham-Soetoro marriage license. Not released.
7, Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama adoption records. Not released.
8, Obama’s aka Soetoro’s Besuki School application obtained. (proven) http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/13056.htm
9, Obama’s aka Soetoro’s Punahou School records. Not released.
10, Selective Service Registration – a proven forgery released and a criminal act. (forgery) Debbie Schlussel: Print This.
11, Obama’s Occidental College records. Not released.
12, Obama’s passport from Indonesia, he had to have one to attend school in Indonesia. Not released.
13, Obama’s U.S. Passport, if one exists. Not released.
14, Obama entered Pakistan on what countries passport. Not released.
15, Obama’s Columbia University records, a foreign exchange student? Not released.
16, Obama’s Columbia University thesis. Not released.
18, Obama’s Harvard Law School records, a foreign exchange student? Not released.
19, Obama’s Harvard Law Review articles, none released.
20, Obama’s Baptism certificate, if one exists? None released.
21, Obama’s Medical records, not released (a one-page statement Obama is healthy).
22, Obama’s Illinois State Senate records. Not released.
23, Obama’s Illinois State Senate schedule. Not released (alleged to have been lost).
24, Obama’s Law practices client list and billing records. Not released.
26, Obama’s University of Chicago scholarly articles, none released or exist?
27, The reason Obama lost his license to practice law in Illinois. Not released.
28, Obama’s campaign donor analysis. Not released.
29, Obama’s list of campaign workers who are lobbyists. Not released.
30, Obama’s list of countries he visited outside the United States before 2008. Not released.
31, Obama never repatriated to the U.S. from his Indonesia citizenship, if documented. Not released.
32, The U.S. Constitution states you CAN NOT be president if you change your U.S. citizenship and are repatriated and you have to be just to become a U.S. citizen again.
33, On January 21, 2009, his first day in office, Barack Obama implemented and signed into law Executive Order 13489, denying any release of anything about him.
Dang, I was answering these one by one and my computer blew it away! I'm not going back. Basically, this is a house of cards. Some of these claims are outright lies, some are distortions of fact. It's also an old chain e-mail, sent to those gullible enough to believe it w/o doing their own research.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Did anybody else catch this here?

"I went to the best college and I was a great student, and it is inconceivable to my brain that no doctor, no nurse, nobody has stepped forward to verify the birth, other than the governor. He remembers? The governor? A birth 50 years ago? Come on. He’s taking a bullet for his party."

First he's asking why doesn't anybody remember. Then when confronted with somebody who does remember he's like "that was 50 years ago! He couldn't remember that!"
Who are you quoting?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Has Trump gone off the deep end?

TRUMP WANTS HAWAII GOVERNOR NEIL ABERCROMBIE INVESTIGATED
Real estate mogul and possible 2012 presidential candidate Donald Trump believes Governor Neil Abercrombie, D-HI, should be “investigated” for claiming that he remembers when President Obama was born.
He told Fox and Friends on Monday that Abercrombie is aiding fellow Democrats in defending Obama against accusations that he is ineligible to be president because he was born outside the United States.
“I think this guy should be investigated,” Trump told Fox and Friends. “He remembers when Obama was born, give me a break. He is just trying to do something for his party.”
Abercrombie has said publicly that Obama and Obama’s parents are his close personal friends and that he remembers when Obama was born. Abercrombie made these statements shortly after being elected in 2010, while Obama was vacationing in Hawaii just 20 minutes away, and Abercrombie pledged to prove Obama was born in Hawaii. After worldwide media attention for several weeks, Abercrombie did not reveal the birth certificate or proof of Obama’s birth in Hawaii, and instead, he said he would no longer comment on the issue.
In a recent media tour, starting with an appearance on ABC’s The View, Trump questioned whether Obama was born in the U.S. and why he refuses to reveal his long form birth certificate. “Why doesn’t he show his birth certificate? I wish he would, because I think it’s a terrible pale that’s hanging over him.”
Trump’s comments solicited outrage from some of The View commentators and set off a media firestorm. Various
Trump Wants Abercrombie Investigated, Djou for Senate? Lawsuit Against Honolulu Rail Emminent, Ebay Expands, Heritage in Hawaii, Local Jobs Rally Scheduled | Hawaii Reporter

Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Has Trump gone off the deep end?

TRUMP WANTS HAWAII GOVERNOR NEIL ABERCROMBIE INVESTIGATED
Real estate mogul and possible 2012 presidential candidate Donald Trump believes Governor Neil Abercrombie, D-HI, should be “investigated” for claiming that he remembers when President Obama was born.
He told Fox and Friends on Monday that Abercrombie is aiding fellow Democrats in defending Obama against accusations that he is ineligible to be president because he was born outside the United States.
“I think this guy should be investigated,” Trump told Fox and Friends. “He remembers when Obama was born, give me a break. He is just trying to do something for his party.”
Abercrombie has said publicly that Obama and Obama’s parents are his close personal friends and that he remembers when Obama was born. Abercrombie made these statements shortly after being elected in 2010, while Obama was vacationing in Hawaii just 20 minutes away, and Abercrombie pledged to prove Obama was born in Hawaii. After worldwide media attention for several weeks, Abercrombie did not reveal the birth certificate or proof of Obama’s birth in Hawaii, and instead, he said he would no longer comment on the issue.
In a recent media tour, starting with an appearance on ABC’s The View, Trump questioned whether Obama was born in the U.S. and why he refuses to reveal his long form birth certificate. “Why doesn’t he show his birth certificate? I wish he would, because I think it’s a terrible pale that’s hanging over him.”
Trump’s comments solicited outrage from some of The View commentators and set off a media firestorm. Various
Trump Wants Abercrombie Investigated, Djou for Senate? Lawsuit Against Honolulu Rail Emminent, Ebay Expands, Heritage in Hawaii, Local Jobs Rally Scheduled | Hawaii Reporter
Trump's mother was born in Scotland. He's got no standing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies