Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The state of Hawaii has his birth certificate, it's posted widely on the internet, and even Boehner says Obama is a US citizen. Trump just cost himself the election before he even started from showing he's a birther nutcase.
"Birther"

God I hate that term!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Yes you can.
I don't believe it. If you can, please show me.

ETA: In looking at the Illinois Vital Records website, I see that you can indeed order your long form. My birth state of Pennsylvania does not offer this option. I would rather you'd provided a bit of proof rather than just a declaration, but I can see that I was wrong in the case of Illinois.

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 03-29-2011 at 09:58 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
When you go to the court of clerk and ask for a copy of a BC from the 1800's, do they laser print you a short form too?

Point BEING that Obama has a long form.

He needs to SHOW IT.
He can't show it. Because then everyone will know that he is a FRAUD. He's golden as long as he can withstand the [thus far] very minimal pressure for him to provide proof of eligibility. And even if the Supreme Court ruled that he needed to provide proof, he would delay, delay, delay using his administration sheep. Even if Obama acknowledged that he was a fraud, who would remove him if he refused to step-down? He knows he's golden until the 2012 election as long as states are individually and absolutely required to confirm his eligibility if he runs again. Then he's caught...or he'll run away from it by not seeking re-election.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:51 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Perhaps because instead of choosing to release something that has little legal standing he actually released his legal birth certificate.....
Yeah, a "legal birth certificate" with no signatures.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
How can he be hiding something when he released his LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE. All of the records in Hawaii are kept digitally on computer. I needed a new copy of my birth certificate since the original was lost, so I contacted the NY State Vital Records Department. Guess what, they issued a short form that was printed on a Computer. They do not issue the long form, and you know what, its get this LEGAL.
Did you ask for a copy of your long form?

You lost your original or the state of NY lost your original?

Are you implying that all long forms were discarded after being scanned in to a system from which short forms are originated from?

No archiving of originals?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I don't believe it. If you can, please show me.

ETA: In looking at the Illinois Vital Records website, I see that you can indeed order your long form. My birth state of Pennsylvania does not offer this option. I would rather you'd provided a bit of proof rather than just a declaration, but I can see that I was wrong in the case of Illinois.
I don't know why every state does not give people the option. I think it is within every person's rights to get a certified photo copy of the original.

And yes the option is at the top of page 2:

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/pdf/birthfrm.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, a "legal birth certificate" with no signatures.
Its how it works in Hawaii

Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Did you ask for a copy of your long form?

You lost your original or the state of NY lost your original?

Are you implying that all long forms were discarded after being scanned in to a system from which short forms are originated from?

No archiving of originals?
I lost the original, I applied to the state for a new birth certificate. They do not give you an option of a long or short form, you just get to request a copy and that is what they send you.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I don't know why every state does not give people the option. I think it is within every person's rights to get a certified photo copy of the original.

And yes the option is at the top of page 2:

http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/vital/pdf/birthfrm.pdf (broken link)
I agree; I'd love to see mine.

I was just at the Hawaii Vital Records website, and they do not offer the long-form option, either. Here's the application form (PDF). You will see that there is no option for what certificate you get.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times
Quote:
Its how it works in Hawaii
In the early 60's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies