Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:34 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,975,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Yup. White people commit more than 50% of the murders in America, therefore the most popular face of murderers in America are white people. Not surprising to anyone but apparently you. Percentages don't affect the numbers.
But make up more than 50% of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Do you honestly think they would have shot these people if they were white?
How is it racist if two black and two white cops shoot people?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,020,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
A lot of Hispanics and Blacks go to prison because they were gang members (if the justice system finds out you were part of a gang they will have no mercy on you): they do not have a chance to get probation or community service. You know that, right? White people get probation much more often than a prison sentence. Isn't that also true?
Hate say I called it, but hey when you're right you're right.

Quote:
BUT, all of this is meaningless as I'm sure you'll take this chance to educate me, the un-enlightened bigotracistredneckwhitecracker on how "racist" the justice system is and these poor innocent victims of society are just being targeted by the "man."
Do you realize how stupid that sounds? A lot blacks and Hispanics go back to prison because they're in gangs and THAT is racist? No that's freaking common sense. A lot of these homey g thug gang bangers will spend most of their lives in prison (where they belong by the way) because they're a step above wild savages and the second they get released go right back to "trappin'" and "slingin' crack." Hate to break it to you but it's the truth. The justice system isn't racist, these criminals are just well criminals. They sell drugs, rape, drink, murder each other, and then cry racism when they get caught. They go to prison, don't learn a damn thing except how to sell more drugs to more people, and then get released, rinse recycle repeat.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,891,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
But make up more than 50% of the population.

Your point? It doesn't change that white people commit the most murders. There's no "buts" and "ifs" to it. This isn't surprising either... white people also have the most people in poverty. The two go hand in hand.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 PM

5,340 posts, read 6,573,276 times
Quote:
I can't tell if you're being serious right now. Illegal gun owners are not gun owners because they don't have a permit? Do you realize how many guns get sold illegally in America every year?

And your source isn't exactly objective on this issue.
Ahh YOUR RIGHT ! good for YOU

Criminals do not need laws however they love more laws as
it makes their business more profitable...Get it now

Why would anyone try and commit any crime knowing that
some citizen could be armed ?, Well we all know that criminals are not the smartest group of people so I'll defend
my right to level the playing field

As for my source, your entitled to your opinion

Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? A lot blacks and Hispanics go back to prison because they're in gangs and THAT is racist? No that's freaking common sense. A lot of these homey g thug gang bangers will spend most of their lives in prison (where they belong by the way) because they're a step above wild savages and the second they get released go right back to "trappin'" and "slingin' crack." Hate to break it to you but it's the truth. The justice system isn't racist, these criminals are just well criminals. They sell drugs, rape, drink, murder each other, and then cry racism when they get caught. They go to prison, don't learn a damn thing except how to sell more drugs to more people, and then get released, rinse recycle repeat.

No, what's racist is you acting like most black/hispanic people are crooks.

3,083 posts, read 4,032,236 times
Quote:
Your point? It doesn't change that white people commit the most murders. There's no "buts" and "ifs" to it. This isn't surprising either... white people also have the most people in poverty. The two go hand in hand.
Ever heard the term "per capita"? Here's a hint, it plays a huge part in the total numbers you seem to be stuck on.

Quote:
And make up more of the population...
But blacks are overrepresented in crime as a percent of the population.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Ahh YOUR RIGHT ! good for YOU

Criminals do not need laws however they love more laws as
it makes their business more profitable...Get it now

Why would anyone try and commit any crime knowing that
some citizen could be armed ?, Well we all know that criminals are not the smartest group of people so I'll defend
my right to level the playing field

As for my source, your entitled to your opinion

Not one of those 16,000 murders was self defence. That's why they're called murders.

And it doesn't bother you that guns are used "2.5 million times a year in self defence"? WTF kind of country is that dangerous?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,162,704 times
I didn't say it was racist. I said many more minorities get prison sentences because they are involved with gang affiliation. It is easier for the police to infiltrate and then use others as informants to catch many of the other gang members.

As far as I know the gang members rarely cry racism. Since when do they "cry" racism? You also are critical of them for not learning anything while in prison. Isn't prison filled with immoral people or mobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies