Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,003,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
But, we both know you don't. So actually, you need to worry more about the white criminals
Actually I do. I live in Gainesville, Georgia, or as some of us call it "Gangs-ville," which has an extremely high Hispanic population. Not to mention the apartment complex in which I live could possibly be situated in Mexico City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,914 posts, read 14,840,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
because they dont commit as many crimes. deal with it. we know means you and you only. dont twist it and you may get some respect. none here

That's a bold faced lie if I've ever seen one. Just the amount of white people who use drugs should be putting millions of white college students behind bars. But it doesn't.

25,146 posts, read 54,086,109 times
Have you had a lot of problems with your neighbors so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Actually I do. I live in Gainesville, Georgia, or as some of us call it "Gangs-ville," which has an extremely high Hispanic population. Not to mention the apartment complex in which I live could possibly be situated in Mexico City.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You know you have YET to post a link backing you up. Also let's state the obvious. Inner city areas have the most crime in the country. They have high minority populations as well. Now if your theory holds true and white people are a bunch of uncivilized murderous savages the opposite should be true. Inner city areas should be safe areas while the white populated suburbs should be crime ridden. What's real life bear out?

I never said white people are a bunch of uncilivzed murderous savages or that they commit more crimes on average. I said that there should be more white people in jail than any of the other groups combined.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Have you had a lot of problems with your neighbors so far?
Well my direct neighbors(who are the only other white family in the complex) was broken into and had all of their valuables taken. When I arrived I was told by an older white lady that I should take my family away from there because it wasn't safe for whites. But so far it's been "I leave you alone, you live me alone" deal. Although the first couple nights people would knock on our doors and windows randomly. That was unsettling but other than that it's been all right.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
You know you have YET to post a link backing you up. Also let's state the obvious. Inner city areas have the most crime in the country. They have high minority populations as well. Now if your theory holds true and white people are a bunch of uncivilized murderous savages the opposite should be true. Inner city areas should be safe areas while the white populated suburbs should be crime ridden. What's real life bear out?

Let's use this older source just for the sake of argument:

"(1999 - racial disparities) "Our research shows that blacks comprise 62.7 percent and whites 36.7 percent of all drug offenders admitted to state prison, even though federal surveys and other data detailed in this report show clearly that this racial disparity bears scant relation to racial differences in drug offending. There are, for example, five times more white drug users than black. Relative to population, black men are admitted to state prison on drug charges at a rate that is 13.4 times greater than that of white men. In large part because of the extraordinary racial disparities in incarceration for drug offenses, blacks are incarcerated for all offenses at 8.2 times the rate of whites. One in every 20 black men over the age of 18 in the United States is in state or federal prison, compared to one in 180 white men."

Source:
Human Rights Watch, "Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs" (Washington, DC: Human Rights Watch, 2000).
United States - Punishment and Prejudice: Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs

Every last one of these white drug users should be in jail. There should also be 5 times as many white people in jail for drug use as blacks. Using your words, "What's real life bear out?"

Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Well my direct neighbors(who are the only other white family in the complex) was broken into and had all of their valuables taken. When I arrived I was told by an older white lady that I should take my family away from there because it wasn't safe for whites. But so far it's been "I leave you alone, you live me alone" deal. Although the first couple nights people would knock on our doors and windows randomly. That was unsettling but other than that it's been all right.

With all these statistics you keep bringing up, I'd hope you know by know that that neighborhood is statistically - and probably practically - the SAFEST for you and the most dangerous for the hispanics who live there.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Let's use this older source just for the sake of argument:

"(1999 - racial disparities) "Our research shows that blacks comprise 62.7 percent and whites 36.7 percent of all drug offenders admitted to state prison, even though federal surveys and other data detailed in this report show clearly that this racial disparity bears scant relation to racial differences in drug offending. There are, for example, five times more white drug users than black. Relative to population, black men are admitted to state prison on drug charges at a rate that is 13.4 times greater than that of white men. In large part because of the extraordinary racial disparities in incarceration for drug offenses, blacks are incarcerated for all offenses at 8.2 times the rate of whites. One in every 20 black men over the age of 18 in the United States is in state or federal prison, compared to one in 180 white men."

Source:
Human Rights Watch, "Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs" (Washington, DC: Human Rights Watch, 2000).
United States - Punishment and Prejudice: Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs

Every last one of these white drug users should be in jail. There should also be 5 times as many white people in jail for drug use as blacks. Using your words, "What's real life bear out?"
So what's that bolded stat mean? How do they know that? They don't, they get drug user statistics largely from jail and prison stats. That statistic sounds made up out of thin air. Not to mention they don't differentiate between different kinds of drugs. Also, using drugs isn't a crime that gets one arrest and sentenced to any lengthy term. In fact most "drug related" convicts I met in prison weren't there for using, they were there for attempting to sell. Now conspiracy to sell, that will get you some time. So you could say "whites use drugs five times more often than blacks," but all that means is perhaps a lot more white smoke marijuana, while blacks are harder drugs like coke and heroin. Not to mention most gangs are in the drug trade, and most gangs are populated by minorities so it only makes since that more minorities are incarcerated for drugs.

Also, blacks involved in gangs more often than not have a rap sheet longer than Santa's List so that plays another factor in sentencing and why a black may get incarcerated for something a white first time offender gets probation for. It's a lot more complex than that website makes it out to be. But I'm sure in the end the Justice system is just "RACIST!" Evil whitey is at it again, oppressing these poor victims of society!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
With all these statistics you keep bringing up, I'd hope you know by know that that neighborhood is statistically - and probably practically - the SAFEST for you and the most dangerous for the hispanics who live there.
I wouldn't say it's the safest for me, but it probably is more dangerous for the Hispanics.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
So what's that bolded stat mean? How do they know that? They don't, they get drug user statistics largely from jail and prison stats. That statistic sounds made up out of thin air. Not to mention they don't differentiate between different kinds of drugs. Also, using drugs isn't a crime that gets one arrest and sentenced to any lengthy term. In fact most "drug related" convicts I met in prison weren't there for using, they were there for attempting to sell. Now conspiracy to sell, that will get you some time. So you could say "whites use drugs five times more often than blacks," but all that means is perhaps a lot more white smoke marijuana, while blacks are harder drugs like coke and heroin. Not to mention most gangs are in the drug trade, and most gangs are populated by minorities so it only makes since that more minorities are incarcerated for drugs.

Also, blacks involved in gangs more often than not have a rap sheet longer than Santa's List so that plays another factor in sentencing and why a black may get incarcerated for something a white first time offender gets probation for. It's a lot more complex than that website makes it out to be. But I'm sure in the end the Justice system is just "RACIST!" Evil whitey is at it again, oppressing these poor victims of society!

Walk on any college campus... a) notice who makes up the vast majority of college students. b) notice who's using drugs. c) notice who's using hard drugs. The POSSESSION of drugs is a federal offense. and "lengthy term" or not, its no lengthier for blacks/hispanics than whites. there should be a MUCH larger white population in jail no matter which way you cut it. But as you said, "What's real life bear out?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies