Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:34 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,117,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why would someone choose to be gay? Many times, being gay means being laughed at, criticized, and always having to fight to feel normal. Why do little boys want to dress up like girls at the age of 7? Our son is very feminine. He is only 12, but I see signs that he may go that route. We sure did not teach him these actions. He had a straight father figure in his life from day one.

Because I was raised in a Christian home and I do follow the doctrine to a certain extent, I am opposed to gay marriage. But, at the same time, I realize that for many gay's, being gay was not a choice. What I believe is right, and what I believe gays are entitled to are two very different things. I can not agree with gay marriage, but I can agree that it is their constitutional right to do so if they choose.
Just cuz he's "feminine" doesn't mean he's gonna be gay. He's only 12.....don't freak out, not that there's anything wrong with being gay....

PETA would've had me incarcerated when I was his age.....with all the ant toasting I did with my magnifying glass......it does seem kinda weird looking back on it.

Would've been weirder with my mom's high heels though......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,634,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Oh, I get it! You're opposed to homosexual sex, as well as anal and oral sex between heterosexuals because "that's not what those parts are for". You know, heterosexuals, by sheer numbers of an overwhelming majority, engage in far more anal and oral sex, thus misusing all those parts you really want to see used properly, than do homosexuals.

But let's be honest - you couldn't care less. You don't care a bit about 'misused parts', it's just a simplistic rationalization that happened to jibe with your homophobia, and you didn't bother to think through the implications of your silly, ad hoc justification.

Just like I thought, you make it complicated to force acceptance/normal-ness.
Again, simple.
That is how we came out of our mother's womb. Either male or female.
Call human nature (men belong w/women vice versa) silly, ad hoc justification, all you want.
I'm outta here.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,717,565 times
In order to accept homosexuality, you have to have a certain level of intelligence. It's useless to argue with some people because they don't have the intellectual capacity to understand it.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:54 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,948,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Because no one chooses on whether or not they are gay. Its just like blondes vs brunettes. Some guys prefer blondes others brunettes.

Rev Rent Boy was one of those anti-Gay Rev's who basically hid the fact that he was gay while preaching gays were evil and all of that nonsense. Wound up he actually was Gay and hired someone from rentboy.com/ He actually had ties to some of those who were arguing against Gay Marriage in this case.
wow he is kinda hypocritical huh.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM

396 posts, read 733,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Gay kitties.

What did "Smokey" die from?
We had him for nearly 10 years. He was 5 when we adopted him. So at 15, he had a stroke (don't even say it!! ) and was no longer able to eat/drink. I suspect his brother will be following him very soon.

Total Jazz Kitty though... just the most laid back, cool chillin' cat ever. I still miss him daily.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,522,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
wow calling people stupid because they dont agree with you, not cool.
Thinking people would choose to be gay well fits that definition of stupid....

Old 08-05-2010, 06:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,717,565 times
If you believe in restricting marriage to one man and one woman, you must not truly believe in freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

5,412 posts, read 4,248,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
In order to accept homosexuality, you have to have a certain level of intelligence. It's useless to argue with some people because they don't have the intellectual capacity to understand it.
Ah, the famed liberal tolerance. Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid.

11,318 posts, read 11,079,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
idk why, but they do. i dont understand your not for gay marriage but you think they should have the right?
Here's another scenario for you. I believe that the Muslims have the constitutional right to build their mosque two blocks from ground zero, but at the same time, I feel that building a mosque in this particular location is in the poorest of taste in light of 9/11. Does that make sense?

I have several friends that are gay. One in particular fought SO hard to be straight at the beginning that it was pathetic to watch. Finally, he came out, and has been much happier since. I wish them the best. The problem is that most of the gays on this thread are often very hostile. You are either with them 100% or you are their enemy. At least it seems that way from the many responses I've gotten. If you are not with them all the way, you are an obstacle. There seems to be no middle ground.

Old 08-05-2010, 06:02 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,248,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you believe in restricting marriage to one man and one woman, you must not truly believe in freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Do not EVER say "pursuit of happiness". it's not part of the constitution, nor is it a right, nor should it be a right.

WHat makes pedophiles happy? Having sex with kids. Should they have the pursuit of happiness to do that?

Serial killers, what makes them happy? Killing people.

Think before you type, please.

THe constitution protects, life, liberty, and property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies