Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:06 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
please tell me how this is natural? i really want to know i am not being an ass i just cant see it.

Me niether.

Had an openly gay guy tell me that there are gay wildlife. He saw two male deer goin' at it hot and heavy on a videotape.

I told him it was prob'ly ruttin' season. They're crazy that time of year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,194 times
Quote:
ok and who are you to tell someone that once your gay you have to stay gay? come on now, he had a choice to be gay or to go straight and he did just that. what bothers me? you dont have time to hear my list but one of the things that bothers me, you alll are so intollerant of others rights but we have to tip toe around yours and we have to accept your beliefs or we are evil. thats bulls@#$
And just where is this 'choice' to be gay found? In my 6 decades of life, why was I never presented with this 'choice'? I'm heterosexual and was never given a 'choice' in the matter. I simply prefer my sexual partners to be the opposite sex. As for your right to your opinion, yes you have that right. But, as I also have the right to MY opinion, where does it say that you have to agree with me or I with you? And I have NEVER asked anyone to 'accept' my beliefs as their own. But, at the same time, when I see or hear nonsense I will say that it is nonsense. And the idea that a gay man can somehow 'become' straight is nonsense. Your friend is likely a bisexual who has simply chosen to stick to the opposite sex rather than the same sex.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He didn't exactly have a choice, what he actually did was decide to hide who he really was. That is how we wind up with the Larry Craig's and the Ted Haggard's and the Rev. Rent Boy saga.
why didnt he have a choice? and who is rev rent boy ?

Old 08-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaz View Post
me niether.

Had an openly gay guy tell me that there are gay wildlife. He saw two male deer goin' at it hot and heavy on a videotape.

:d
lol!:d

Old 08-05-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
And just where is this 'choice' to be gay found? In my 6 decades of life, why was I never presented with this 'choice'? I'm heterosexual and was never given a 'choice' in the matter. I simply prefer my sexual partners to be the opposite sex. As for your right to your opinion, yes you have that right. But, as I also have the right to MY opinion, where does it say that you have to agree with me or I with you? And I have NEVER asked anyone to 'accept' my beliefs as their own. But, at the same time, when I see or hear nonsense I will say that it is nonsense. And the idea that a gay man can somehow 'become' straight is nonsense. Your friend is likely a bisexual who has simply chosen to stick to the opposite sex rather than the same sex.
you have the choice right now to be gay if you want to. no one can tell you not to be just as no one can tell this guy he cant be straight. i will let my friend know you think he is nonscense and he should just forget free will and do what you say cause you know better. and where is the proof that gays were born that way? i still want to know i really do no kidding.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:21 PM

396 posts, read 732,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Maybe they're lazy.
Best answer I've heard. *laughing*

Quote:
please tell me how this is natural? i really want to know i am not being an ass i just cant see it.
The same way it is natural for you to have sexual intercourse with your preferred gender.

I'm a red head with green eyes. If I change my hair color, dye it black, and I stick in contact lenses to make my eyes blue - the result is unnatural. For me. I am covering up my natural traits and displaying ones that are not natural to me.

That does not make the girl next door who was born with black hair and blue eyes unnatural. She is displaying her natural traits as well - which are completely different from mine.

Our individual natural state is quite different, but one is no less natural than the other. We are being who we are.

For a homosexual, having heterosexual intercourse would be unnatural. For a heterosexual, having homosexual intercourse would be unnatural.

Doesn't seem particularly complicated to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Me niether.

Until one of them passed a year ago, I had two gay (and incestual, actually) cats. They were litter mates, born to the same kitty mom. We adopted them when they were five. I'm pretty sure their previous "parents" gave them up for adoption because of the way they'd just randomly go at it in the middle of the living room (or on company's lap - LMAO). We got a female cat about 3 years ago... I was SURE they'd start humping away at her, too. Nope. They stuck to their brotherly loving right up until Smokey died. *chuckling*

They were something of an icon among our friends and family... horny little fuzzballs.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM

396 posts, read 732,313 times
Quote:
where is the proof that gays were born that way? i still want to know i really do no kidding.
Where is the proof you were born heterosexual? Prove it, right now, that you were BORN heterosexual.

Or how about you answer the question I'm still waiting for you to answer - if you chose to be heterosexual, what were you up until you made that choice? If it was, in fact, a choice - then logic dictates that you are saying you could have just a likely chosen to be homosexual, right? So you're saying that you have within you the POTENTIAL to be gay, but you CHOSE to be straight? Is that correct?

Old 08-05-2010, 05:25 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
you have the choice right now to be gay if you want to. no one can tell you not to be just as no one can tell this guy he cant be straight. i will let my friend know you think he is nonscense and he should just forget free will and do what you say cause you know better. and where is the proof that gays were born that way? i still want to know i really do no kidding.
Why would someone choose to be gay? Many times, being gay means being laughed at, criticized, and always having to fight to feel normal. Why do little boys want to dress up like girls at the age of 7? Our son is very feminine. He is only 12, but I see signs that he may go that route. We sure did not teach him these actions. He had a straight father figure in his life from day one.

Because I was raised in a Christian home and I do follow the doctrine to a certain extent, I am opposed to gay marriage. But, at the same time, I realize that for many gay's, being gay was not a choice. What I believe is right, and what I believe gays are entitled to are two very different things. I can not agree with gay marriage, but I can agree that it is their constitutional right to do so if they choose.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,080,405 times
Gay kitties.

What did "Smokey" die from?

I'm not sure I wanna know.....

Had a neighbor who's dog used to eat poop.

Now that's crazy; but totally natural for THAT dog......

Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
why didnt he have a choice? and who is rev rent boy ?
Because no one chooses on whether or not they are gay. Its just like blondes vs brunettes. Some guys prefer blondes others brunettes.

Rev Rent Boy was one of those anti-Gay Rev's who basically hid the fact that he was gay while preaching gays were evil and all of that nonsense. Wound up he actually was Gay and hired someone from rentboy.com/ He actually had ties to some of those who were arguing against Gay Marriage in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies