Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of an injection to keep babies from being born gay?
Yes 15 16.30%
No 59 64.13%
It would be against the Will of God to tamper with his Creation 11 11.96%
babies are not born gay. It is a choice they make. 16 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,255,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, it wouldn't. As I said before, I would support it simply to make my child's life easier. My support is based more on society's hostile reactions to homosexuality than to homosexuality itself.
Examples of how hostile society is to homosexuality? You can show me occasional murders like of Matthew Shephard that happen maybe once every 5 years. But I can show you DAILY gang or drug related killings in major US cities. Now what is a more serious problem?

How many shootings were there in Chicago this weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 12:40 PM

37,198 posts, read 42,401,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Examples of how hostile society is to homosexuality? You can show me occasional murders like of Matthew Shephard that happen maybe once every 5 years. But I can show you DAILY gang or drug related killings in major US cities. Now what is a more serious problem?

You want examples? Look no farther than this forum my friend. I you CAN'T find multiple gay/gay rights threads I'll give you a cookie.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,747,781 times
Quote:

I don't think we need to see homosexuals murdered on a daily basis in order to measure society's hostility. A quick look at some polls shows that, although most Americans now say that homosexuality is acceptable, a very significant percentage still say it is not. In fact, 36% of Americans actually say same-sex relationships should be illegal. That's 1 out of 3 Americans who believes homosexuality should be criminalized, and that's significant.

Gay and Lesbian Rights

Old 07-04-2010, 01:18 PM

292 posts, read 545,619 times
Quote:
I don't think we need to see homosexuals murdered on a daily basis in order to measure society's hostility. A quick look at some polls shows that, although most Americans now say that homosexuality is acceptable, a very significant percentage still say it is not. In fact, 36% of Americans actually say same-sex relationships should be illegal. That's 1 out of 3 Americans who believes homosexuality should be criminalized, and that's significant.

Gay and Lesbian Rights
In the Southern part of the United States, the majority of people there probably think homosexuality should not be legal.

So, over 110 million Americans say homosexuality should not be legal.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
In the Southern part of the United States, the majority of people there probably think homosexuality should not be legal.

So, over 110 million Americans say homosexuality should not be legal.
Yes, which helps prove my point that a large portion of society is hostile toward homosexuality.

But since you brought it up, I think it should also be noted that the South is the least educated region of the country.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Gay and Lesbian Rights

So you think people's thoughts are a bigger problem than the daily gang violence in the country?

Should these people who harbor antihomosexual thoughts be jailed?

Old 07-04-2010, 01:51 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,495,252 times
Quote:
Libs must have their panties in a bind in this one. Women's bodies/women's choice vs. gays.

If women have a right to choose, do they not have a right to choose this as well?

Say if it would result in the end of most if not all homosexuals for the future?
I'm ok with that. I just think that many adults will be more tolerant than you and not make choices based on hate, so I wouldn't be worried.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
So you think people's thoughts are a bigger problem than the daily gang violence in the country?

Should these people who harbor antihomosexual thoughts be jailed?
You're totally missing my point. If you don't get it by now, you just don't.

And where did I ever suggest that people should be jailed for their thoughts? What a ridiculous thing to say. Again, you're totally not getting it. Maybe you're not even trying, or maybe you're just purposely being obstinate. Whichever the case may be, I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to you. Good day, sir.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-04-2010 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm ok with that. I just think that many adults will be more tolerant than you and not make choices based on hate, so I wouldn't be worried.
My point is is that there are far more serious problems in society than the thoughts people have in their head.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,690,072 times
Nope as I see absolutely nothing wrong with being Gay. I don't want kids but if I did I would accept them as they are. Unless they grew up to be bigots ( racist, homophobic, sexist, xenophobic etc... ) in which case I would disown them.... Bigotry is not something I would gladly accept as a parent.

The only thing I would be worried about having a Gay child is the bigotry and prejudices they would encounter from ignorant bigots with all the empathy and emotional intelligence of mouldy pond-slime....

Eugenics does not appeal in the slightest. One should love and accept children for who they are rather than who we wish them to, and encourage them to be themselves unless they harm others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies