Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of an injection to keep babies from being born gay?
Yes 15 16.30%
No 59 64.13%
It would be against the Will of God to tamper with his Creation 11 11.96%
babies are not born gay. It is a choice they make. 16 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Actually, I've read a story or two by fashion models who claim that certain male designers actually do have a hatred for women and express it through their creations. It also comes out in their treatment and demands of the models themselves.

That's not a blanket statement, but I'm sure there is truth to it.
Of course, anyone can hate anyone, but to say that it's gay men who are the cause for women worrying about their weight is beyond ludicrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course, anyone can hate anyone, but to say that it's gay men who are the cause for women worrying about their weight is beyond ludicrous.
You are correct. There is a problem with part of the fashion industry and what they do. Some just happen to be gay men.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Actually, I've read a story or two by fashion models who claim that certain male designers actually do have a hatred for women and express it through their creations. It also comes out in their treatment and demands of the models themselves.

That's not a blanket statement, but I'm sure there is truth to it.
I'm sure there are some gay men like that, but all the gay men I've known (and I've known a lot) really LOVE women. Especially pretty ones!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Transsexual children? Hmmmm. Never seen one of those. Bet I never will either. Pretty sure no doctor would give a child a sex change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
This is just all wrong.......

1. You can't vaccinate gay. There is no such thing as a gay gene, but I digress.

2. Trust me, I know a lot of dudes and none of them are aspiring fashion designers, nor do they even know how to pair shoes with a shirt. They always look nice, but that's b/c they have a gal dressing them.

3. I think you need to upgrade from Teen Beat magazine to a Vogue and you will see nothing but women in their 20's-30's modeling. (Sorry, the modeling industry is just that - tall, skinny 20-30 somethings and it will never change. If you want to see some plus size models look at a Sear's catalog.)

4. And as SophiaLee stated, there aren't transsexual children. Regardless if they think they are gay or not, they're not getting surgery, little boys aren't wearing dresses to school, and vice versa.

Epic-FAIL. Nice try though!
Welcome to the nightmare that is the sex change operation for a transsexual child.

Girl of 14 who was a boy until she was 12 | Mail Online

Girl of 14 who was a boy until she was 12 | Mail Online

@ ProudObamaVoter

I know all about the fashion industry and there's absolutely nothing that you nor anyone here can tell me about what the fashion industry is about after working in it for 15 years.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 07-06-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 04:49 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
the last time you said this, didnt someone point out how many presidents of the US were left handed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If there were no side effects I would certainly do it. I do not harbour any dislike of gays but I would want any child to grow up as normal as possible and being gay, while not a horrible thing, is not a normal thing. It is kind of like being left handed and if they had a shot to prevent that I would get it too.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
so you dont believe in two spirit individuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The mental defect which causes people to be gay is a serious one. If medication could cure it that would be great

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm sure there are some gay men like that, but all the gay men I've known (and I've known a lot) really LOVE women. Especially pretty ones!
Those are the ones who YOU know. Because I can tell you first hand about the ones I know who are viciously jealous of females, and they work in the fashion industry. Believe me, when they're doing your hair, your makeup, or fitting you for a gown, the last thing many of them are thinking is about how they're making you beautiful. A lot of them are grinning in your face and ripping you to shreds behind your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies