Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 01:14 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,628,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
100 moves ahead? How so?

Even Fauci was way behind when asked about the virus.
Ahead as in the federal reopening plan is well thought out and of course considered the completely obvious things mentioned above.

Regarding Fauci, I like this plan because it’s data driven instead of being predicated on flawed models. No more depending on people’s opinions and guesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 01:18 PM

41,035 posts, read 18,523,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
Ahead as in the federal reopening plan is well thought out and of course considered the completely obvious things mentioned above.

Regarding Fauci, I like this plan because it’s data driven instead of being predicated on flawed models. No more depending on people’s opinions and guesses.
Beyond what is already being done like masks, social distancing, limiting gatherings, closing borders, etc..., what data is driving the plan by these PhD’s and Fauci?

Old 04-17-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Wolf is talking about it in eight minutes.
https://www.wtae.com/article/pennsyl...virus/32188169
Really what he says is the only thing that matters at this point.
Good lord he babbles!

Anyway, he seems to be on the same page as the feds, basically a regurgitation of the plan announced last night.

Open by region, data based, targeted enforcement, testing, and monitoring.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Beyond what is already being done like masks, social distancing, limiting gatherings, closing borders, etc..., what data is driving the plan by these PhD’s and Fauci?
Link

find the press conference replay for more discussion from Dr Birx

Old 04-17-2020, 01:28 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,707,009 times
Quote:
Bingo.

These “PhD’s” are obviously not as smart as they’re getting credit for, and no way I’m buying they’re 100 moves ahead of anything until they prove otherwise.
I hope for the good of our country that they are! I am rooting for them and their plan!

I just laugh when people place such deference to those who hold an advanced degree, as though that makes them infallible.

Did you know that, according to Johns Hopkins, medical errors account for 250,000 deaths in the US per year? Yet, my parents treat doctors like every word he or she says is the word of God.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Link

find the press conference replay for more discussion from Dr Birx
At a quick glance I don’t see much difference between what is being done and what the guidelines are going to be.

Imo the PHD’s are getting too much credit.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
I hope for the good of our country that they are! I am rooting for them and their plan!

I just laugh when people place such deference to those who hold an advanced degree, as though that makes them infallible.

Did you know that, according to Johns Hopkins, medical errors account for 250,000 deaths in the US per year? Yet, my parents treat doctors like every word he or she says is the word of God.
Bingo...and the medical errors accounting for 250,000 deaths doesn’t surprise me at all.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippy View Post
Dr. Tedros of the WHO has a PhD, and so far he has told me that the virus cannot be transmitted between humans, that travel bans are bad, that using nomenclature that includes the virus' country of origin is bad (in fact, worse than the virus itself), and that masks are useless.

Is this what you call ahead of the curve?

Oh yes, he also said that China's numbers were reliable and that they were being totally transparent. Yet, yesterday, China revised all their numbers for Wuhan.
You’re not wrong. Having a PhD means you aren’t stupid and of course you’ve considered blatantly obvious things. It doesn’t mean you aren’t politically compromised (like the WHO) or flat out wrong (like the people who built models projecting millions dead).

Old 04-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
At a quick glance I don’t see much difference between what is being done and what the guidelines are going to be.

Imo the PHD’s are getting too much credit.
Glance harder...

It specifically describes criteria for reopening at each phase, and criteria that must be in place for future mitigation. Just find the video if you don’t want to read.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Glance harder...

It specifically describes criteria for reopening at each phase, and criteria that must be in place for future mitigation. Just find the video if you don’t want to read.
Watched it. TESTING & CONTACT TRACING
ü Ability to quickly set up safe and efficient screening and testing sites for symptomatic individuals and trace contacts of COVID+ results
ü Ability to test Syndromic/ILI-indicated persons for COVID and trace contacts of COVID+ results
ü Ensure sentinel surveillance sites are screening for asymptomatic cases and contacts for COVID+ results are traced (sites operate at locations that serve older individuals, lower-income Americans, racial minorities, and Native Americans)
HEALTHCARE SYSTEM CAPACITY
ü Ability to quickly and independently supply sufficient Personal Protective Equipment and critical medical equipment to handle dramatic surge in need
ü Ability to surge ICU capacity PLANS
ü Protect the health and safety of workers in critical industries
ü Protect the health and safety of those living and working in high-risk facilities (e.g.,
senior care facilities)
ü Protect employees and users of mass transit
ü Advise citizens regarding protocols for social distancing and face coverings
ü Monitor conditions and immediately take steps to limit and mitigate any rebounds or
outbreaks by restarting a phase or returning to an earlier phase, depending on severity

Imo these aren’t 100 moves ahead of what’s being done now. Much of it other than what’s above is social distancing, hygiene, social distancing, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh