Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,296,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by handiquack View Post
Well, the Pacific Northwest has a lot of good schools. So do parts of the Bay Area. I tend to hear bad things about New Mexico, Vegas, Arizona, and LA/Southern California.
Your right. Arizona ranks dead last out of all 50 states on education. California and Nevada are also just as bad as far as education.

Smartest State 2006-2007
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 AM

76 posts, read 220,762 times
It's you're. Not your.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,296,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRTFSHR View Post
It's you're. Not your.
Remember, I grew up in Arizona LOL.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 PM

36 posts, read 102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is coming from a guy who lives in Nebraska. Yes to you, Phoenix probably was a little too ethnic for you considering Nebraska has no diversity or culture unless you consider football culture..and even that's missing there now too. The crime statistics are dropping considerably in the Phoenix area so you are wrong.

To the OP, I wouldn't move. I love Phoenix but the way the economy is, if you have a stable job and your son is in a good school, why mess with that. Likewise, I wouldn't move to Sacramento either because I have a good situation here.
Actually, I am not a guy. DallasJoseph is my sons name. Second, I was raised in Los Angeles, lived in Phoenix, Denver, SLC, Oakland, Idaho and now Nebraska. Oh and did I mention I am a hispanic female. So do I know a thing about diversity? My husband a caucasian worked for the Maricopa Sheriffs Office. So I think we know a little about the crime in Phoenix. All I was saying was the truth. Look at the stats on crime in Phoenix. Again, in my OPINION Phoenix is no place to raise kids, its only getting worse.

Oh and for your football statement about NE. You must know nothing about NE or football because its still all about the Cornhuskers!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM

39,122 posts, read 51,371,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJoseph View Post
Actually, I am not a guy. DallasJoseph is my sons name. Second, I was raised in Los Angeles, lived in Phoenix, Denver, SLC, Oakland, Idaho and now Nebraska. Oh and did I mention I am a hispanic female. So do I know a thing about diversity? My husband a caucasian worked for the Maricopa Sheriffs Office. So I think we know a little about the crime in Phoenix. All I was saying was the truth. Look at the stats on crime in Phoenix. Again, in my OPINION Phoenix is no place to raise kids, its only getting worse.

Oh and for your football statement about NE. You must know nothing about NE or football because its still all about the Cornhuskers!
Follow your own advice - check the statistics. According to a popular web site that compares cities (we can't mention the name as CD gets upset), Omaha has a higher violent and non-violent crime index than Phoenix. Phoenix is, of course, the worst city in the area and its suburbs are all lower, in many cases significantly and I suppose much of NE is lower than Omaha. But I think if you bother to check, you will find that Phoenix is actually quite a safe place compared to cities, both large and small across the USA.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:17 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,224,873 times
Please take a week off from work if you can and spend that week in Phoenix. You will want to live fairly close to where you work and comb the neighborhoods. Contact a realtor and ask questions regarding schools and such. Get a feel of Phoenix. There is as much to do in Phoenix as there is in Sacramento.

It is all about your wants, desires and likes.

Best of Luck in whatever decision you make.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:27 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,528,731 times
I was in Omaha, Nebraska, for three months, and I could not stand to be there even one more day. After I'd seen and done it all (which only took a few weeks), I was completely bored. I felt like I was on an island in a sea of corn.
Thankfully, Phoenix and Arizona offer so much, boredom is very rare for me.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:48 AM

Ponderosa, I do check stats. That's why I posted what I did! Are you former law enforcement? And as stated, I was expressing my opinion. I'd love to know the web site you get your statistics from. In my husbands academy they were taught in depth about the crime across PHX and the burbs. Not to mention he saw first hand. And again I grew up in LA and lived in Oakland. I think I know a little about crime. Thank you sir.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:16 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,583,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasJoseph View Post
Ponderosa, I do check stats. That's why I posted what I did! Are you former law enforcement? And as stated, I was expressing my opinion. I'd love to know the web site you get your statistics from. In my husbands academy they were taught in depth about the crime across PHX and the burbs. Not to mention he saw first hand. And again I grew up in LA and lived in Oakland. I think I know a little about crime. Thank you sir.
I bolded former. Crime stats do change, ya know.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:28 PM

He's talking about city compare I think. And city compare is not 100% accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area