Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Least favorite Phoenix suburb?
Surprise 4 3.67%
Peoria 2 1.83%
Glendale 12 11.01%
Litchfield 0 0%
Avondale 2 1.83%
Buckeye 3 2.75%
Tolleson 11 10.09%
Goodyear 1 0.92%
Cave Creek 2 1.83%
Carefree 1 0.92%
Paradise Valley 2 1.83%
Scottsdale 10 9.17%
Tempe 2 1.83%
Fountain Hills 0 0%
Mesa 16 14.68%
Chandler 2 1.83%
Gilbert 13 11.93%
Apache Junction 10 9.17%
Guadalupe 12 11.01%
Queen Creek 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 05:27 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
FWIW, there was a time LP was #2 and the SW Valley was very well represented.

There are many metrics, but using median household income using current census data you get Paradise Valley #1, Gilbert have moved into #2, Cave Creek #3, Litchfield Park #4, then Scottsdale/Chandler are pretty much equal followed by Goodyear

If you take a CDP like Anthem it would drop 3rd

If you go per capita income it goes PV, Scottsdale then LP
Thank you. It just didn't seem likely. Litchfield is a smaller community and is close to the Air Force base (which some don't like).

I agree with some other posters that it's more impressive with a larger town with a variety of housing options. I still think that's impressive for Litchfield though if it is #4. I wouldn't expect it.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:26 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Instead of worst suburb, why not the best suburb? See how the title can change perception of people's opinions...

On the subject, I can't vote because I've only been to the metropolitan area for 1 day, not enough time to form an idea of affluent areas yet. I will vote on the poll this summer.
Someone should copy the survey and make the best suburb thread. I'm not patient enough. Gilbert and Scottsdale will both score high on that one too I bet.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Someone should copy the survey and make the best suburb thread. I'm not patient enough. Gilbert and Scottsdale will both score high on that one too I bet.
Nah, I hope they don't. There is no "best". No one size fits all. People have different needs, value different things, have different budgets and work in different locations. No need for another thread perpetuating stereotypes.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Yup. I have a feeling chandler and tempe would give gilbert and scottsdale a run for their money also(at least on citydata).

Old 04-14-2016, 08:39 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,333,607 times
The main reason for the hatred of Gilbert is due to liberal intolerance of the city's conservative demographic. As clearly indicated by this poll, only liberals are intolerant of conservative policies and not vice-versa, otherwise Tempe would score high in this poll as well.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The main reason for the hatred of Gilbert is due to liberal intolerance of the city's conservative demographic. As clearly indicated by this poll, only liberals are intolerant of conservative policies and not vice-versa, otherwise Tempe would score high in this poll as well.
Oh please

There are so many differences between the two yet you choose politics? Have you been here long? This is a pretty conservative group.

Chandler is pretty conservative, but is one of the most highly regarded cities in the state.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Nah, I hope they don't. There is no "best". No one size fits all. People have different needs, value different things, have different budgets and work in different locations. No need for another thread perpetuating stereotypes.
Exactly. But for the most part we can agree on things that are not good, like crime.

Surprised out of the people who thought this thread was pointless and stupid didn't try to do the opposite already.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Nah, more so the theocrats in charge. Legislating religion is hardly a small-government, true conservative philosophy.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:45 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I am still not understanding the point of this, anybody? I have lived here about 40 years in every corner of the valley. Way too many variables to simply click a box for the worst.why even do this? What a stupid exercise.
In your opinion...

Speaking as someone considering moving to the area, I find this thread very helpful. Even the debating (arguing) back and forth is informative.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
In your opinion...

Speaking as someone considering moving to the area, I find this thread very helpful. Even the debating (arguing) back and forth is informative.
I'm glad you think so. I made it thinking about people who might want to relocate here. We would blind to say all of the parts of the Valley are nice. All cities have bad areas. I think that most of the Valley's worst parts however are in Phoenix proper. I felt that if I included Phoenix on its own in the poll it would have been too much. Phoenix proper encompasses huge boundaries, from Anthem all the way down to Ahwatukee, west to Laveen and Maryvale and as far east as Paradise Valley and Desert Ridge. The nice areas of Phoenix would have been brought down by Maryvale and Alhambra. Phoenix itself is too huge that it would need to be broken up in order for it to be more accurate in my opinion. The suburbs in the Valley are much more reasonably sized, some with bad and good pockets like Glendale, but they are more balanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area