Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2022, 09:34 AM

9,381 posts, read 9,357,240 times

Advertisements

^ People can call me whatever they want, but if these animals can't act right, then I wish they would stay in their neighborhood instead of terrorizing Center City. It really is a mess, and not referring to Philadelphia as a city, but the failures of leadership and the thug mentality that runs wild. 7:15pm, boys 16-20 firing 9 shots without any regard for people around them at 8th & Market?... Come on...

I know things happen in CC, but it seems these incidents are more common in recent years... I will research stats this weekend to see if that is the case.

Any comments from the DA or Police Commissioner?

Last edited by cpomp; 03-12-2022 at 09:45 AM..

Old 03-12-2022, 10:41 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,756,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
^ People can call me whatever they want, but if these animals can't act right, then I wish they would stay in their neighborhood instead of terrorizing Center City. It really is a mess, and not referring to Philadelphia as a city, but the failures of leadership and the thug mentality that runs wild. 7:15pm, boys 16-20 firing 9 shots without any regard for people around them at 8th & Market?... Come on...

I know things happen in CC, but it seems these incidents are more common in recent years... I will research stats this weekend to see if that is the case.

No the Police Commissioner is busy processing the termination paperwork for the cop who was fired

Old 03-12-2022, 02:05 PM

840 posts, read 695,358 times
This is why Philly will never be as world class as it can be. NYC has seperation from those who cant be civilized to those who can; Philly doesnt and with lax enforcement the bands of thugs look at CC as easy pickings...Sad, wish it could change but I dont see the parents of these teens all of a sudden teaching them right from wrong.

Quote:

Old 03-12-2022, 02:56 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
This is why Philly will never be as world class as it can be. NYC has seperation from those who cant be civilized to those who can; Philly doesnt and with lax enforcement the bands of thugs look at CC as easy pickings...Sad, wish it could change but I dont see the parents of these teens all of a sudden teaching them right from wrong.

You repeat the same sentiments in nearly every post and you loveee to bring up NYC like there aren't shootings every week in Manhattan.

You guys would have already created 3 threads if this happened in Philadelphia today:
Chaotic scene after two women stabbed at MoMA

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 03-12-2022 at 03:34 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 03:41 AM

840 posts, read 695,358 times
A city that is 5 times as big, even with its failed previous mayor was much safer. You (and others) continue to make excuses,,this is why Philly will never improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
You repeat the same sentiments in nearly every post and you loveee to bring up NYC like there aren't shootings every week in Manhattan.

You guys would have already created 3 threads if this happened in Philadelphia today:
Chaotic scene after two women stabbed at MoMA

Old 03-13-2022, 05:38 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
A city that is 5 times as big, even with its failed previous mayor was much safer. You (and others) continue to make excuses,,this is why Philly will never improve
“This is why Philly will never improve”. Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense Again in reality this is why you are no more than a troll on this board. Go clutch your pearls somewhere else. No one on this board makes “excuses”. Godforbid people have half a brain to know crime, specifically violent crime, is rarely random especially in better neighborhoods so we don’t walk around and cower in fear.

It still drives the trolls crazy when you bring up the fact that the violent crime, even through this recent crime wave, is far lower than it was 20 years ago. It’s up 5% from 2019.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 03-13-2022 at 05:51 AM..

Old 03-13-2022, 12:21 PM

9,381 posts, read 9,357,240 times
To clarify on my post. I did not suggest Philadelphia was a second class city. I view Philadelphia as a premiere city, but it is leading the nation in homicide count and near the top for homicide rate.

And I'm not suggesting that violence does not happen in Manhattan, good parts of DC, Chicago, etc., but CC definitely has more occurrences of shootings and disturbing violent crime as of late... which goes back to my original point of acting right, a big ask these days.

Another personal irritant is that these incidents warrant little or no response from the DA or Police Commissioner...

Old 03-13-2022, 12:51 PM

979 posts, read 418,969 times
Germantown:
https://6abc.com/germantown-shooting...ntal/11646673/
What kind of 17 year old bullies a 9 year old??

Old 03-13-2022, 01:09 PM

979 posts, read 418,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I was making a joke, but you taking it serious does make me wonder
I thought that for a second, but I've never known you to be comedic regarding the city. Now I know.
The worst things I've ever done Downtown were peeing in an alley(which I haven't done in decades) and smoking a joint in public (which I still do).

Last edited by henrychen; 03-13-2022 at 01:20 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 01:40 PM

7,272 posts, read 10,611,389 times
Quote:

I think the hyper-obsession with every instance of crime is just making everyone much more aware.

There's a number of shooting instances in Center City every year going back forever, and this year is no different.

For those interested, I've found this Controller shooting crime map very informative about trends:
https://controller.phila.gov/philade...iolence/#/2020

Center City shootings in the sh*tshow of 2021 were essentially the same numerically as they were in 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia