Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 01:38 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times

Advertisements

“From Facebook” ah yes the true source of truth. You realize that shooting someone in the back is murder none the less?

In reality, some officers think they are judge jury and executioner because we live in sick and twisted times where peanut brained people are attracted to being officers.

I personally think we need to “defund” Hollywood and sports and pay teachers/police officers and other public servants 3/4 times as much so the quality of applicant increases tremendously.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:44 PM

473 posts, read 273,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
“From Facebook” ah yes the true source of truth. You realize that shooting someone in the back is murder none the less?

In reality, some officers think they are judge jury and executioner because we live in sick and twisted times where peanut brained people are attracted to being officers.

I personally think we need to “defund” Hollywood and sports and pay teachers/police officers and other public servants 3/4 times as much so the quality of applicant increases tremendously.
Pardon my previous brevity, I was just sharing a comment a South Philly resident made on an article as possible context. I should've been more clear.

Seriously, what do you suggest they should've done after being fired upon? Pursued, hoping that they weren't shot at again? Or simply let the kid run off?

If anything, this situation is a perfect example of something that may have been prevented by stricter gun laws - since the one he had was stolen.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:28 PM

1,697 posts, read 972,355 times
He had a freaking semi auto-matic handgun and shot out a cop car. Are you serious?

Old 03-02-2022, 03:01 PM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
He had a freaking semi auto-matic handgun and shot out a cop car. Are you serious?

You honestly need to be a sick person to think shooting a 7th grader running away in the back is okay. Sick people hold a 7th grader (who was probably been neglected by every person in their short brief life) to higher standard than under cover cops.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:47 PM

979 posts, read 417,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post

Little Scarfo-wannabe made a bad decision and it cost him his life. The cop saved someone's life.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You honestly need to be a sick person to think shooting a 7th grader running away in the back is okay. Sick people hold a 7th grader (who was probably been neglected by every person in their short brief life) to higher standard than under cover cops.
I'm sure the cop didn't know he was in seventh grade.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:

You're getting emotional.

Old 03-03-2022, 04:11 AM

463 posts, read 206,691 times
Quote:

When you ride around shooting at random people with a gun, you take the risk of getting shot and killed yourself. Doesn't matter whether you are 12 years old or 40 years old, it is just something that happens. You may not like that it is a 12 year old who was shot and killed, but you don't know the actual context, and like most other people getting upset online, you are safe in your warm home or office and not on the street being shot at yourself. This is a very violent city, and police officers bleed and die like everyone else. Doesn't matter what you pay someone, if they are afraid for their life or someone else's, there is a high probability they will act with force.

Ultimately, the parents are to blame for this. If there was truly misconduct with the police, I will wait to hear once the facts are released to make my judgment.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:05 AM

473 posts, read 273,328 times
Quote:
I ask again, what do you suggest they should've done after being fired upon? Pursued, hoping that they weren't shot at again? Or simply let the kid run off?

Old 03-03-2022, 03:28 PM

2,236 posts, read 1,121,217 times
2 shootings for the first 2 days.

Put that in perspective, January had 22
February had 8

Looking back to last year, it's the lowest since last March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia