Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM

1,705 posts, read 989,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
At least Larry gets fired up about something...

DA Krasner denounced a judge’s decision to dismiss charges against two police officers charged with beating a man with special needs

https://www.inquirer.com/news/police...-20220222.html

(I'm not making fun of the story, but poking fun at how passionate Larry is about this incident, more so than widespread crime and homicides).
Policies aside, could that moron look any worse than he does right now?

It's shocking to me that a guy who has the public image that Krasner has, even sniffed getting re-elected. Where the hail is the disconnect?

Old 02-24-2022, 05:00 AM

979 posts, read 424,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Yeah. It's ugly out there. There's no way around that right now.

I moved into the city in 2015. Our realtor's sister was dating a high ranking cop in town and he was hanging out infront of the realtor office when we signed. I remember him saying that they had a hiring crisis back THEN.

I wouldn't want to be a cop right now, either. You have a bunch of people looking to lock you up, wanting to put you out there in compromising positions and at the same time demanding more of you and holding you responsible for the explosion in crime across the country.

When ya'll were screaming to defund the police, what exactly did you expect that to look like?

Usual caveat: I'm not a republican. I'm a moderate democrat that is embarrassed with the situation.
Maybe it's time you became a Republican. There's no shame in making better personal choices as you age. Don't wait for a mugging and a beating to make the change.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:02 AM

These are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your naaay-bor-hood:
https://6abc.com/center-city-philade...rket/11595115/
Center City, 12th and Market.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:18 AM

7,304 posts, read 10,667,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
Maybe it's time you became a Republican. There's no shame in making better personal choices as you age. Don't wait for a mugging and a beating to make the change.
Don't be so simplistic. Crime waves happen regardless of which politician is in office and regardless of the political rhetoric. This is a problem that has been building for decades, and frankly no one really has all of the answers to fix it. The solution absolutely as to be multi-faceted and addressed from every single angle: schools, neighborhood conditions, employment, accountability for criminal activity, restricting access to guns--all of the above.

This situation is far, far more complex and challenging than whether the people in power have an "R" or "D" next to their name. Often by conservatives' admission, criminals don't have regard for literally anything other than themselves, so why would they care if there's a "law-and-order" DA in power? Your presumption is that they fear consequences. News flash--they don't.

We'd all be better off the sooner we recognize that instead of taking politically-motivated potshots all the time to fit your one-sided Fox News narrative.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:57 AM

1,705 posts, read 989,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post

...Your presumption is that they fear consequences. News flash--they don't.

This. These kids don't think they're gonna make it to having a wife, kids and a good job. They think they're gonna get popped - and before they make 30.

None of these kids are pointing a gun at a target and stopping to contemplate "Wait. Is this the right life choice right now for me? I really don't want to go to jail. It's difficult to land a job with a felony carjacking on my resume." No.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:16 AM

14,362 posts, read 9,259,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
These are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood, in your naaay-bor-hood:
https://6abc.com/center-city-philade...rket/11595115/
Center City, 12th and Market.
Um, not really: This looks like an assignation that unfortunately went south.

That doesn't fall into the category of random crime that sets teeth on edge.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Don't be so simplistic. Crime waves happen regardless of which politician is in office and regardless of the political rhetoric. This is a problem that has been building for decades, and frankly no one really has all of the answers to fix it. The solution absolutely as to be multi-faceted and addressed from every single angle: schools, neighborhood conditions, employment, accountability for criminal activity, restricting access to guns--all of the above.

This situation is far, far more complex and challenging than whether the people in power have an "R" or "D" next to their name. Often by conservatives' admission, criminals don't have regard for literally anything other than themselves, so why would they care if there's a "law-and-order" DA in power? Your presumption is that they fear consequences. News flash--they don't.

We'd all be better off the sooner we recognize that instead of taking politically-motivated potshots all the time to fit your one-sided Fox News narrative.
Don't be so defensive. The Democrats created this mess. Own it.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Don't be so defensive. The current crop of Democrats created this mess. Own it.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Um, not really: This looks like an assignation that unfortunately went south.

That doesn't fall into the category of random crime that sets teeth on edge.
Um, yeah, really. I know what went on here. But dont think for a second that these thugs weren't going to one way or another find a victim in Center City. These people ARE roaming Downtown.

Old 02-24-2022, 09:17 AM

1,036 posts, read 456,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
At least Larry gets fired up about something...

DA Krasner denounced a judge’s decision to dismiss charges against two police officers charged with beating a man with special needs

https://www.inquirer.com/news/police...-20220222.html

(I'm not making fun of the story, but poking fun at how passionate Larry is about this incident, more so than widespread crime and homicides).
Because it involves Kranser's #1 enemy: cops, and particularly white cops.

This topic will always get Larry revved up, complete with waterworks for the cameras. I think he can even get into ''black preacher testifying'' mode...and it's really cringe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia