Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2022, 10:11 AM

1,026 posts, read 446,483 times

Advertisements

Krasner getting emotional again (LOL) and, of course, going on about too many guns this afternoon at his weekly update or whatever con this is supposed to be.

of course no mention of his real agenda or responsibility in creating today's environment.

How and why exactly is this South Street scene on Saturday being described as a ''mass shooting'' when we all know there were multiple separate shooters involved in multiple separate shootings?

Now it's just a ''mass shooting'' because the latest narrative agenda demands it and, as usual, facts be damned.

Old 06-06-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Given that many of these young men grew up in homes without fathers present, saying that is in essence wishing for a return of the past. We have to deal with what's there now.

I will allow this: the mass shooters on South Street, like those in the other cities (and one small city in Texas), were probably not "bored youth." Rather, they had an agenda, and they executed it. They're not the people committing the violent crime being discussed here, however. That mass shooting made so much news precisely because there hadn't been one here before. The random shootings like the one on West Chelten Avenue that came close to turning me into a statistic three months ago don't even make the community newspapers (in this case, most likely because no one died in it).

You have to play the hand you're dealt. Most of the young men committing the random, non-mass-shooting violent crime come from households with no father present. Thus, whatever we do to keep them from committing those random shootings has to use that fact as the base.

Did you read that ProPublica article? If you still haven't (it's not the first time I've linked it here), I would appreciate your doing so and then commenting.
A mass shooting is defined as 4 or more people shot or killed in one event; the FBI defines ''mass murder'' as 4 or more people killed in one event.

Philly has had tons of mass shootings...so to say there hasn't been in a ''mass shooting'' in Philly is incorrect.

However anyone defines ''mass shooting'', there were multiple shooters in separate incidents on South Street in one night. Where is the mass shooting then if one dude was killed in one incident...etc?

What's interesting is how the left sounds like it's flipping the single-mother narrative; now this crime wave is because of fatherless households...lol. Being a single-mother is glorified by the left; no need for a male in household cuz ''strong'' women are allegedly in control.

Being a single mother is proud credential badge; it's always tossed out as a good thing. Women love mentioning this as do their kids. It's a narrative of ''struggle'' credentials designed to elicit sympathy...''the struggle'' story, my struggle was greater than yours...basically please shut up, it's called life...deal with it and stop being a victim of something or someone.

What is the root of the problem here: fatherless households or single-moms? and..boyfriends ''staying'' in the house or play-dads don't count.

Let's deal with what we got indeed...and let's stop glorifying being a single-mother as a being good thing.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:17 PM

9,378 posts, read 9,323,920 times
The perps arrested. Lets hope the DA does his job.

Two men will be charged in the South Street mass shooting, the Philly DA’s Office said

https://www.inquirer.com/crime/phila...-20220606.html

Old 06-06-2022, 08:20 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times
Heard there was a triple shooting tonight in North Philly on 19th street

Old 06-07-2022, 08:56 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times
The people who voted for Krasner...twice have blood on your hands. You allowed this by voting for a cop hating ACLU liberal civil rights attorney. He is more concerned in keeping the prisons empty of colored people than locking up bad criminals.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
The people who voted for Krasner...twice have blood on your hands. You allowed this by voting for a cop hating ACLU liberal civil rights attorney. He is more concerned in keeping the prisons empty of colored people than locking up bad criminals.
All very true but Krasner has worse credentials than being a cop hating ACLU liberal civil rights attorney.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:28 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times
yeah but he brings that mentality to his job. He needs to be re-called like they are doing to his clone in San Francisco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
All very true but Krasner has worse credentials than being a cop hating ACLU liberal civil rights attorney.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:26 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,043,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
A mass shooting is defined as 4 or more people shot or killed in one event; the FBI defines ''mass murder'' as 4 or more people killed in one event.

Philly has had tons of mass shootings...so to say there hasn't been in a ''mass shooting'' in Philly is incorrect.

However anyone defines ''mass shooting'', there were multiple shooters in separate incidents on South Street in one night. Where is the mass shooting then if one dude was killed in one incident...etc?

What's interesting is how the left sounds like it's flipping the single-mother narrative; now this crime wave is because of fatherless households...lol. Being a single-mother is glorified by the left; no need for a male in household cuz ''strong'' women are allegedly in control.

Being a single mother is proud credential badge; it's always tossed out as a good thing. Women love mentioning this as do their kids. It's a narrative of ''struggle'' credentials designed to elicit sympathy...''the struggle'' story, my struggle was greater than yours...basically please shut up, it's called life...deal with it and stop being a victim of something or someone.

What is the root of the problem here: fatherless households or single-moms? and..boyfriends ''staying'' in the house or play-dads don't count.

Let's deal with what we got indeed...and let's stop glorifying being a single-mother as a being good thing.
I think that you will find that some on the Left have acknowledged the salience of the conservative critique of single-female-parent households, even though I will admit that the dominant narrative still runs counter to that critique.

As the son of a Big Brother father, I do know and understand the difference having a male mentor makes in the life of a young man, especially a young Black man. I was raised by my mother after my parents divorced when I was 12, but my father never vanished from my life. Mom was one of those women who IMO would have been able to raise a child on her own, but there are still some things that young men learn best (or even only) from other men.

The answer to your "what's the root of the problem?" question is "Yes," for those two things are flip sides of the same coin.

Old 06-07-2022, 03:26 PM

64 posts, read 28,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
He's beyond being a 'liberal.' He's a far left lunatic. And, yes, this is what the people wanted - soft on crime, equity, 'hands off our males,' neuter the cops, etc ... Now they're protesting and pointing fingers.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:44 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times
Why was Kenney looking like he didnt want to be on South street today? Like..........."I dont not feel like being down here today"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia