Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 07:09 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times

Advertisements

PhillyDeals: Owner's plans for the Gallery at Market East
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 AM

Market Street Collapse Lot To Become Surface Parking? -PDQ

Old 01-18-2015, 11:17 AM

MRP Realty looks beyond the Beltway | The Washington Post

Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 AM

Neighborhood revitalization needs a targeted approach

Old 01-18-2015, 01:03 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,767,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Didn't he have some connection to the notorious slum/blight landlord, Sam Rappaport? That would explain his, ah, "attitude".

Old 01-18-2015, 03:41 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
As a millenial, I am familiar with Target.
But I am a little bit pessmistic about City Target. In my mind, City Target will be just another Super Walgreens; like the one on South Broad Street. ( I also love that Walgreens btw)
The reason why I love Target in the first place is its eclectic and hip mixtures of cheap clothing, furniture and decor. (I love their Nate Berkus collab small furniture and decor. Also some t shirt from some companies sold in Urban Outfitters are available in Target with a slight difference and HALF the PRICE). With this City Target, I am not sure whether we will have those. It looks like City target will only have grocery needs and day to day basic needs.
Although according to the video I saw on youtube of advertised City Target in Minneapolis (?), it looks like we can order stuff online and pick them up in City Target. So maybe this means we can order the same knick knacks we saw in regular Target in the burbs.

Aside of that, I don't mind to have another option to shop our basic needs aside of the drug stores (Rite Aid, Walgreens), Old Nelson or even diBruno Brothers. And since I do not know how to cook, if our City Target will have that Pizza Hut, that will be super awesome.

And yeah I dont mind having Target in the re-imagined Gallery. Maybe it could take place where K Mart used to be. Although in my mind, I re-imagine that IF target took the 2nd and 3rd floors just like K Mart, there will be a public entrance from outside; like cascaded external escalators a la IFC Mall in Shanghai or that mall in Hollywood. (Don't rememeber the name, but it has elephants statues all over and you can see the Hollywood sign. Highland perhaps?)
City Target sounds like it's Target's version of Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:41 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Glorious news!!! Just what Center City Philadelphia needs!!! A surface parking lot on Market Street!!! *

Hooray!!!! *

*(sarcasm)

Old 01-18-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Glorious news!!! Just what Center City Philadelphia needs!!! A surface parking lot on Market Street!!! *

Hooray!!!! *

*(sarcasm)
one goes down and another springs to life

Philly has good balance...

Old 01-20-2015, 09:47 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,769,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Hooray!!!! *

*(sarcasm)
LOL
I was about to say the same. Another damn parking lot.
When else failed, there is always "parking lot development".
I would rather have the site as a memorial garden.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM

9,381 posts, read 9,349,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
LOL
I was about to say the same. Another damn parking lot.
When else failed, there is always "parking lot development".
I would rather have the site as a memorial garden.

I think a memorial garden for this site is ludicrous. And knowing the city it would be a patch of brown grass with a tiny tree. I would rather the property become a parking lot and put up for sale in hopes that a new respected developer will come in and save the day.

Either way that site is going to sit there and rot, so you might as well watch pretty cars come and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia